Tweak: MPxBoost

Guest ClintEastman

Guest ClintEastman

Well I finally got this cab done to change the GLYPHCACHE on the MPx200 (this is the same as Midnight's original speed boost for the SPV, just a different cache size - Thanks Midnight :wink: )

Give it a go and see what you think! :wink:

(also included a file to set the cache to the shipped size "mpxdeboost.cab")

PS. Reboot after installation!

mpxdeboost.cab

mpxboost.cab

Very Cool. I just tried this out and it definately does something. I test ran SPVquake right before and right after the install. Although it is still unplayable it is not as extremely slow as it once was! The next release of SPVquake should have an option for no sound which I think will make this game playable finally. thanks for your contribution.

Guest ClintEastman
Very Cool. I just tried this out and it definately does something. I test ran SPVquake right before and right after the install. Although it is still unplayable it is not as extremely slow as it once was! The next release of SPVquake should have an option for no sound which I think will make this game playable finally. thanks for your contribution.

Quake will run at the same speed.... :wink:

Guest Total Eclipse
Anyone NOT been able to install this update OR anyone not seen an increase in speed?

Erm.....

TBH, I didn't really notice any difference at all. Sorry :?

Guest Total Eclipse

Did you reboot you phone after installing?

Indeed I did. Where should I be able to see the increase? The menus seemed about the same speed and the inbox still takes about 10 seconds to load (that's my main gripe with the phone at the moment).

Guest ClintEastman

It's the size of the font cach that gets changed, the menus will be faster and things like the inbox, but the loading time will be the same, so if you clear apps from the memory all the time is wont be much different! IMHO :wink:

Guest ClintEastman
much faster screen paints...  thanks Clint   :lol:

That's what this tweak will do! stuff like games and video will run the same, it's all to do with font cache sizes! :wink:

• 9 months later...
I'd love to try it, but being a bit new here, I don't know how to install it.  Any pointers?

Thanks

MadSci

copy the file directly to your phone or storage card, then run it using smart explorer. :lol: