• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Tweak: MPxBoost

55 posts in this topic

Posted

Download the cab file, place it on the phone in IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessories

Now on the phone go to Accessories and run the file you see there :lol:

Posted

does this work for the c500, if so can you make a forum in the c500 section from us all to benafit from, thanx

What ever you do don't run it on a C500 (in theory it will run slower) :lol:

Posted

So Clint still lives :lol:

Not seen you around for a while m8 changed phones yet? or found more

Divx tweaks?

Posted

Where can I download this file from ?? mpxdeboost.cab

Posted

Try the beginning of this thread :lol:

Posted

Yep - my menus are faster - no pauses anymore, thanks. (insert pic of an emoticon smiling with his thumb up here)

Posted

Thanks for the hint. Got it running and I must say, this is a gem! Thanks to Clint for this effective little tweek!

MadSCi

Posted

whats the difference between mpxdeboost and mpxboost? do i have to install them both? sorry for the dumb questions. btw i'm using WM2003 :lol:

Posted

I thought the name was obvious - you use deboost to uninstall it - correct me if I'm wrong...

Posted

I thought the name was obvious - you use deboost to uninstall it - correct me if I'm wrong...

:lol: :D sorry i did'tnt get it the first time i read it. thanks for the info anyway.

Posted

Doh! - I wondered why going into sms was so slow - I keep deleting the items from the sent items folder(which it's not supposed to create - the box is not checked in the options), but I forgot about the deleted items folder - it was huge, now it's empty the phone is a lot faster accessing my inbox... :roll:

Posted

Nice work clint, definately seen a speed increase in menus over here :lol:

Posted

I tried on my new mpx220 and it had no effect. The default values for the cache size is something like 8192 and I modified it to what you and and I did not see a difference. Just though you might like to know.

Posted

Someone asked this earlier but it wasn't answered: does this work for phones with the 2003 firmware loaded?

Posted

i'm using WM2003 w/GSM Fix and works but you'll notice speed boost minimal. But hey, every little bit helps! =) I'm loving it! Though i wish i could Overclock this badboy =P [currently no way to OC' MPx200]

Posted

To be honest I'm not sure there was any differance as the clips I have

were running very smooth in the first place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's right. I think it's really slow down the system, my phone was fast before the http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak.

Posted

It has nothing to do with video playback.

Great tweak: Much better Home and (incredible) Start Menu performance, thanks Clint!

:-)

Posted

I can't install it on windows mobile 2003 if i launch the cab file on the mobile it gives me an error about a missing digital firm or something...

Posted

Marvellous

Posted

What does this file or application do? Do you always have to run it to use it?

Posted

wow...u'r a genius clint..

thanx...

Posted

does it still not work on wm2003?

Posted

To be honest I'm not sure there was any differance as the clips I have

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do this program exactly?

Posted

It's supposed to make the phone run a little bit faster.

Posted (edited)

,Jan 30 2004, 19:24]To be honest I'm not sure there was any differance as the clips I have

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What does this program do? I have installed it, but i can't see the difference.

And he don't ask me were i want to install the program. When i have restart my phone is the CAB file not any more on my phone.

Can sombody help me?

Edited by stephancarels