Samsung i600 - CallerID/Registry Fix/Messenger Updates

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest nickcornaglia

http://www.samsungtelecom.com/support/mit/

The Samsung site has been brought back to life. Lets continue discussion here as the multiple other thread have gotten off on strange tangents. The other threads have not been deleted but have been locked.

Now that this has been resolved...here's looking forward to the 2003 OS Update! :)

Guest nickcornaglia

All that I know of except those that need a privledged certificate (Signed by Verizon). The only one that I know of that doesnt work, may be SmartphoneNotes. But I dont have an i600 anymore so I cant confirm this. Any others like this that anyone knows of?

Guest jimdevine

Installed both patches. Now I have numeric caller-id on the outside instantly. Haven't tried installing new stuff yet though. But the patching went as advertised.

Be advised: if you try the cid patch, it takes a long time. About 15 minutes I think. Your phone will look quite odd while patching, or at least mine did. After a while it will reboot and the Verizon screen will stay on much longer then usual. It's all normal and after 20 minutes or so your should be good to go.

Jim

Guest GammaRay

I installed the CID patch without a hitch. Works great, but it did take a long time to install. I wish the external LCD displayed the name, or even had some punctuation to separate the area code, etc., but at least the name is there instantly when I open the flip (700 contacts, most with multiple numbers).

One side benefit....the annoying, long delay between pressing "accept" and having the call connected is gone. I used to press "accept", place the phone to my ear, then wait a second or so for a click (not a system sound, but just static from the other end of the call) that indicated the call was connected. Now it's instantaneous. Much better. Makes me wonder if the custom ringtone programs might work now. Anybody?

Guest clivepearce

I tried putting in the Caller-ID patch and got an error:

“Your current operator regions ROM version is 3.0.31113.0 - operator.xdp cannot be installed because the ROM version does not match your device. You must obtain the ROM update file that matches your region”.

Note that I had installed this patch previously and it worked fine. I had to do a "Hard Re-set" on the phone last week, and assumed I had to re-apply this patch.

I called Samsung support (1-888-987-4357) and they told me I would have to call them back during the week, as the nature of my problem would require a level 2 technician, and they do not work week-ends - just level 1's.

Mean-while the phone basics still work fine - I'd just like to get these software patches up to date.

Any comments or thoughts appreciated!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest JusWannaGroove

As stated earlier in this thread the patch will allow "numeric caller ID to instantly show on the screen", but does it then change to display the stored contacts name? Currently my phone shows a picture of a telephone on the outside screen then switches to the contact name. I don't want to loose the contact name display on the outside screen by going to the patch. Anyone with the patch install knows the exact behavior?

Guest maxnix

My understanding is it limits the outside display to number only, and it is a permanent modification to the registry. Most people with over 400 contacts never see the caller's name on the external ID anyway.

Guest tcwatkins

It also fixes the annoying delay in answering, which means no more "hello, hello, are you there?" situations. So even if you have less than 400 contacts, you probably want to update the rom. Besides if you want to know who is calling, just flip the phone open.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest justuspr

I've Installed all the patches available on Samsungs site, in the order they have them, I still can't get any apps to install through activesync. Anyone else had this problem?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adept
It also fixes the annoying delay in answering, which means no more "hello, hello, are you there?" situations.  So even if you have less than 400 contacts, you probably want to update the rom.  Besides if you want to know who is calling, just flip the phone open.
Yes, I'm happy to see this fixed also. The HKCR registry hive has been opened up, which I'm happy about, and more things install properly now.

I still can't install the full version reloaded skins by midnight, I think it writes to other parts of the registry. It makes me sad.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest boardnhi

Hey folks, first time poster here but I've been reading thru a lot of the information posted on this site since I first got the i600 with 2002 earlier this year. I recently had a stuck in initialization problem and had the phone replaced. I received the replacement today and it's now running 2003 (2003 SE???).

After going thru all of my previously loaded apps, I didn't have any issues reloading Microsoft Pocket Streets, Thunderhawk, Clearvue or Dataviz. I did have some issues loading SmartLive and that was really about it.

I also checked the called ID concerns seen with the 2002 version and I noticed that both the number and the callers name appears on the flip when closed. FINALLY!!!

Anyway, just wanted to throw what I knew out there hoping it could help someone such as it did for me as these months.

Cheers

Wink

Hey folks, first time poster here but I've been reading thru a lot of the information posted on this site since I first got the i600 with 2002 earlier this year. I recently had a stuck in initialization problem and had the phone replaced. I received the replacement today and it's now running 2003 (2003 SE???).  

After going thru all of my previously loaded apps, I didn't have any issues reloading Microsoft Pocket Streets, Thunderhawk, Clearvue or Dataviz. I did have some issues loading SmartLive and that was really about it.

I also checked the called ID concerns seen with the 2002 version and I noticed that both the number and the callers name appears on the flip when closed. FINALLY!!!  

Anyway, just wanted to throw what I knew out there hoping it could help someone such as it did for me as these months.  

Cheers

Wink

Please post what your Version info is from you phone.

Go to the version ifno screen.

• 5 months later...
Guest batcater98
No.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am trying to apply these updates and get ROM version errors on my i600. Is there a ROM update I missed. Here is what version I am at.

S/W Verison

PDA

S:i600.04.V.XE18.13349

EBoot:04.11

Phone

S:i600.04 V:XE18

H/W Version

H:i600.04 V.Q

PRL Version

P:50233 E:50019

Help?

• 1 month later...
Guest djalienx

Anyone know if there is a unlock patch for the sprint version? Samsung has the verision patch, but it don't work for Sprint. If someone has figured out a patch for sprint please let me know. Thanks.