Longhorn 4015

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

I've installed this. Decided I didnt like it and tried to uninstall it. I have read through the contents of this thread, however, the thing still wont uninstall. When I install the 'uninstall' CAB, it does nothing !

Any ideas or is it now **cked ? now that I have installed it !

Guest Mother_Lepard

First: I love this skin! 8)

Second: When I make a sms message I can't implent letters like @, ê æ, Å and ö. Also not when I hold the # button. In that screen there are only some things to choose: (%, *, $ and !) What could be wrong??

Thanks in advance...

No further complaints! :D

Guest nedge2k

Yeh thats the font mate. Unfortunately BN Dragon is not a full font and I cant find a full version of it anywhere.

Copy the two nina .ttf files from Windows and paste them into StorageWindowsFonts

The homescreen will stay BN Dragon but everything else on the phone will go back to nina and you'll have ur missing symbols back :D

@Nato

Right, the uninstall process goes like this:

1) Go to remove programs and remove the theme

2) Run my uninstall .cab

3) Reboot

All should be well. If not, try installing again then go back to step 1.

Guest toshio
Right, the uninstall process goes like this:

1) Go to remove programs and remove the theme

2) Run my uninstall .cab

3) Reboot

All should be well. If not, try installing again then go back to step 1.

Hi nedge2k, nice themes! i a noob from s'pore.

btw, i can't get my uninstall going..when i go to remove programs and check you name, it shoulds error..could NOT be remove.

Any remedy/ :shock:

Guest nedge2k

Yeh a few people seem to get this. I cant quite understand it. You'll have to remove it manually then use the uninstall cab.

All files for this theme are located in StorageLonghorn or StorageAplication DataHome

Guest toshio
Yeh a few people seem to get this. I cant quite understand it. You'll have to remove it manually then use the uninstall cab.

All files for this theme are located in StorageLonghorn or StorageAplication DataHome

Hi nedge2k,

I've tried removing all the files in the 2 locations above, but i still can't uninstall the theme successfully. Do i need to remove/edit anything from the profiles (xml) ??

If it fails again, could u teach me how do i do a hard reset on my O2 Xphone? Thanks... :D

Guest nedge2k

I dont think a hard reset will be necessary and im not quite sure why you'd want to remove any of the profiles.

Once you start deleting things manually you wont be able to uninstall the theme from remove programs anyway.

Have you run the uninstall cab? This will put all the extra screens back to standard. Change your homescreen to something else and reboot the phone after you have done this.

Guest nedge2k

First post updated to cater for all new users. Please read it and the rest of the thread as they will cover ALL your questions regarding problems with this theme. Also note that this theme was never intended for any phone other than the E200 so its fuctonality on other devices will not always be as hoped and thus possibly limited.

Nedge2k,

Right then.The uninstall did not work for me. I firstly tried to remove using the 'add/remove programs' . This told me it could not remove the prog.

I then installed the 'uninstall' cab that you suggested. Is this supposed to install something ? - It didn't seem to do anything apart from creating a directory with a couple of files in my /Storage/Windows/Appmgr directory.

I then rebooted the phone. Upon start up I found :

1. The font still the same.

2. The handset still vibrated on 'alert' or when sending/reading sms messages.

3. The prog was still visible in add/remove programs list as was the homescreen in the home directory.

4. Upon startup there was a 'CLUNK' sound. (like when selecting a contact)

I liked the skin mate - but I like to change them often.

I ended up having to hard reset my handset, which has caused me a bit of grief. So just a bit of advice from a humble iSeries systems programmer...Always check your backout routine. ! - not being funny or clever, in fact I haven't even looked at creating homescreens, but I do think there were some major bugs in the backout cab.

Guest nedge2k

Mate .cab files dont have any "back routines". You tell the cab where the files are, where the need to go and what to write in the reg. The install/uninstall is the responsibility of the OS and as such there is nothing can do about it - Sorry.

However, one possible cause of the uninstallation process faling may lie in the naming convensions of the extra screens. Aparrently they need to follow those of the orginal screens - This I am investigating when time permits.

Watch this space :D

Guest midnight

nedge2k, not exactly true, the setup.xml file inside the cab tells the os what to install, and can also tell the os what to remove () :D

Guest nedge2k

Right,

I have tested these .cab's til im blue in the face!

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE UNINSTALL PROCESS!

Not only does it uninstall perfectly but that damn uninstall .cab I spent ages making isnt even needed! The uninstall process does EXACTLY what it should and removes everything that was installed and puts everything back the way it was.

IF IT WONT UNINSTALL ITS YOUR FAULT NOT MINE

Do not under any circumstances mess around/delete files that were installed by this theme then come running back to me when it wont uninstall! You screwed it up its your problem. This forum has enough informaton in it to tell you how to get rid of things manually and I even gave you the .inf file used to create the damn theme which shows you exactly what and where the theme installs.

Finally (and this IS the last word i will say on the subject of the so called uninstall problem) before you try uninstalling the the theme, reboot the phone, then go straight back and try again. Sometimes even the fact that WMP is running in the background can mess things up as it is still using the skin. If you still have problems then its something you've done to it.

I apologise for the harsh tone of this post but im fed up of answering the same question over and over again only to find out that its not even my fault and that and that the uninstall cab i spent time making wasnt even needed!

Guest HurricaneDave

Does nobody on here aknowledge the search button on this forum?? you know the big black 1 that has been deliberatley done in bold so it stands out from the rest??? and i removed the theme of my e200 with no problems at all..and then reinstalled it coz it rocks :D :lol: (was just curious to see if it can be removed ) :D

maybe this thread should be locked as its a pointless load of questions that have been answered many times already

edit:would really appreciate it if you could remove the bit in the bottom left that says "mobile devic" :D :D

:shock: <------anybody recognize that referee :?: :?:

Guest nedge2k

Glad someone agrees with me :wink:

Sorry its taken taken a while sort ur previous suggestions...went through a rather painful format of the laptop and lost some important crap :cry: plus i've had a fair bit on.

Anyway, new home.xml uploaded to fix the "mobile devic" bit and i'll be looking into the M5 clock tomoro :D

Did you sort the vibrate with reg editor or do you still want the .cab?

Guest HurricaneDave

look in the first post.. you want the file thats called .cab for sp2002...that 1 will work on the standard spv/e100

Guest PT-1

I downloaded the Lonhorn.cab and tried via SmartRun or just to copy it into StorageStart Menu but it comes always back with an error :

Installation failed.The programm or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adenquate system permission.

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers

PT-1

Guest nedge2k

@Tangerdave

Dont worry...havent forgotten...working on a universal version with the clock and allow the config options from the lcd plugin so you can have multiple alarms and hourly bip.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.