msT9 Ed (yes, another PC based T9 editor) v1.2 now available

Guest gothi

Guest gothi

Version 1.2 attached 28/05/2004

Changelog:

[*] Priority calculation changed again, hopefully this is a happy medium.

[*] New check added when saving, if Priority checksum is greater than FFFF msT9 Ed attempts to apply a fix

[*] Misc fixes on unimportant display functions

[*] Help File updated with a new section (Saving a 'T9 input destroyed' dictionary)

[*] Now able to open a dictionary by dropping it onto the application.

Like many others here I was tired of my T9 Dictionary resetting on a regular basis and found Steve Kays T9 Suite to be exceptionally usefull, however it was lacking the features I wanted for fast and powerfull control over the dictionary, so I wrote my own application.

Features:

[*]Edit your existing dictionary

[*]Create a new dictionary from scratch

[*]Fast word input, just hit Enter to submit a new word

[*]Quickly delete multiple words

[*]Edit words on the fly

[*]Increase or decrease a words priority for faster access to your favourite words

[*]Reset all words priority in a single click

[*]Automaticly removes duplicate words

[*]Auto sorting of your words by alphabetical or priority

[*]'Word Checking' to avoid illegal characters being added to your dictionary (based on what is available when # is held down)

[*]No additional framework needed

[*]Rapid loading and saving when connected to Smartphone (During testing loading a Dictionary from my E100 took aproximately 2-3 seconds, saving one took just under 2 seconds)

[*]Chance to rescue a 'T9 input destroyed' dictionary

It was done as project purely for my needs (and a work colleague) but I thought others might appreciate the extra features it offers.

I only have access to an E100, but have included a version check for the Dictionary path so I'm hoping it will work on E200's too.

Please read the included Help file, it covers basic usage and has a troubleshooting section too.

If you do find any bugs, please do let me know, I've been using it for days now and it seems solid but as any programmer knows it's easy for you to miss something that others may find.

Much thanks to Steve Kay who's checksum information was invaluable and has produced a great set of T9 tools :)

Here's a couple of images and the actual program (forgive the quality of the pics, I resized and compressed them)

mst9ed2.jpg

mst9ed1.jpg

msT9Edv12.zip

Guest yoos

I tried this great looking app on my Imate Voyager running WM2003 and here are my results/questions:

- selected 'open from phone' and it says 'Receiving Smartphone Dictonary...' at the bottom for quite a long time (left it for a few minutes anyways)

- I'm not sure really, but I guess my T9 file is called 'T9AW.UDB' which is located under StorageApplication Data ? (I've attached this file below if this helps... from a phone that just had a hard reset a few hours previously). I tried to load this file into the program and it doesn't populate anything after the file is selected. The open dialog box disappears as if it were opening something, but the main window looks the same as it did before I selected to open.

T9AW.zip

Guest mavisdavis

Tried about 20 words on my E200 that I had always had to switch to abc mode for and they work great. :)

Reset my phone and their all still there.

-Also no hanging everything was instant when I chose to upload or download

-Rom 1.03 before UK update

Thanks Gothi Keep it up mate :wink:

Guest gothi
I tried this great looking app on my Imate Voyager running WM2003 and here are my results/questions:

- selected 'open from phone' and it says 'Receiving Smartphone Dictonary...' at the bottom for quite a long time (left it for a few minutes anyways)

- I'm not sure really, but I guess my T9 file is called 'T9AW.UDB' which is located under StorageApplication Data ? (I've attached this file below if this helps... from a phone that just had a http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset a few hours previously). I tried to load this file into the program and it doesn't populate anything after the file is selected. The open dialog box disappears as if it were opening something, but the main window looks the same as it did before I selected to open.

Alas the program is hard coded for mst9.udb files only, you might now have a 'ghost' of this file on your phone in (ISPM/Storage)Application DataSystem, if you do it's harmless and be deleted (I should really do a check for that)

I've look at the file you attached, are there any words in there? Can you send me several files. 1st with no words, 2nd with one word added, third with another word added.

Personally if I had only 1024k to play with I would compress the file in some way, so it's possable that this is the case but cannot tell without seeing a series of files :)

I'm glad others are finding the program usefull :lol:

i tried this when i click on (open from smartphone ) t9 editor don't get any word from qtek7070 so i put some words and click on (save to phone) and next time i click on (open from phone) it's just open words i put with t9 editor and not other words i've on my phone

Guest gothi
i tried this when i click on (open from smartphone ) t9 editor don't get any word from qtek7070 so i put some words and click on (save to phone) and next time i click on (open from phone) it's just open words i put with t9 editor and not other words i've on my phone

What is the name of your T9 Dictionary and what is it's location?

At the moment the app only handles this Dictionary: mst9.udb (hence the name of the program :)) and these locations:

IPSMApplication DataSystem

StorageApplication DataSystem

If the path is incorrect it will be simple to fix, however if it's a different dictionary name I will need to see a copy of it and do some tests before I can see about implementng support for it :lol:

Incidently what OS version does the qtek7070 run?

What is the name of your T9 Dictionary and what is it's location?

At the moment the app only handles this Dictionary: mst9.udb (hence the name of the program :)) and these locations:

IPSMApplication DataSystem

StorageApplication DataSystem

If the path is incorrect it will be simple to fix, however if it's a different dictionary name I will need to see a copy of it and do some tests before I can see about implementng support for it :lol:

Incidently what OS version does the qtek7070 run?

words i added is stored in IPSMApplication DataSystem

and it's work but i can't find default t9 :oops:

Guest gothi
words i added is stored in IPSMApplication DataSystem

and it's work but i can't find default t9  :oops:

If you can locate the dictionary I might be able to sort something out :)

Guest gothi

Hmm, just found an interesting bug when deleting multiple words (I knew I'd missed something), the routine was working fine until I added the sorting routines for the word list whereupon it appeared to work fine but isn't.

Deleting single items still works 100%, I just need to fix the multiple deletion, expect v1.1 in a day or so :)

Guest Ainvar

Hmm I have the SPV E200 (i-mate smartphone2) it came with the latest greatest rom. I dont have a a folder called system in the IPSMAplication Data also known as the StorageApplication Data. I do however have a StorageApplication DataT9AW.UDB that was created earlier today. Your app hangs when I try and load a file from the phone.

Guest markgamber

Same as the above on all counts except instead of an E200, it's a Mitac Mio 8390. No big deal, just saying it doesn't work with that phone either. The file generated by the app doesn't look much like that on the phone.

Guest yoos
Can you send me several files. 1st with no words, 2nd with one word added, third with another word added.

Hi gothi!

Attached are the examples. If you extract the file you'll get three folders. The first one is before I added words, the second is after I added 'blah', and the third is after I added 'sharpie'.

**Edit: Strange... The description of the file left out slashes... The T9 File is located in StorageApplication Data

Imate 2003 OS T9 File Examples.zip

Guest gothi

Thanks for the files yoos, I'll start looking at the T9AW.UDB format as soon as I fix the multiple deletion bug (which is mostly done now), in the mean time can you make two more files?

Basicly just carry on as you were doing but add another 2 words, as it stands there's a lot of space between blah and sharpie and not a lot of bytes left after sharpie so I'd like to see what happens next :)

I'll attach a program when I get home that will reveal your ROM version numbers etc, can people with an E200 that uses this T9AW.UDB format use it and let me know the results :lol:

Guest gothi

It's a very odd system, the msT9 was simple as it was sequential, this has a very different placement method.

By any chance is your Phone Owner name 'yoos'?

Guest gothi

I've uploaded msT9 Ed v1.1, you can find it in the first post.

Changelog:

[*]Fixed multiple deletion of words

[*]Changed Priority calculation, range is now 1-60 with the warning generated above 30

[*]Added (De)Select all words (requested)

[*]Added a few extra memory clean up routines

I'm attaching Version Info, a quick app I knocked up to get the version info of your phones ROM, can an E200 owner with a phone that uses the mst9.udb T9 dictionary use it and paste the results here and also an owner of an E200 that uses the T9AW.UDB format do the same please :)

You MUST have ActiveSync installed to use Version Info and it copies it's results directly to the clipboard for easy pasting here, please make sure there is nothing you wish to keep in the clipboard before using.

VersionInfo.zip

Guest yoos

Here's the info from an Imate Voyager using the T9AW.UDB. Also, my owner name is Mike Yoos

OS Ver Info Size: 276

Major: 4

Minor: 20

Build Number: 0

Platform ID: 3

CSD Version:

Guest crafty

And for an (updated) Orange E200 using mst9.udb

CSD Version:

Guest gothi

That's really annoying, I was hoping there'd be a difference so I can easily tell which *.udb is in use, ah well I'm sure if I figure out the T9AW.UDB format it'll be easy to implement :)

After spending a small fortune on text messages to myself I'm rewriting the Priority handling code (again) as the value can go lower than I expected (not to mention some odd values turned up), I have a sneaking suspicion on what the mst9.udb implementation is doing and how words drop out of the user dictionary.

Anyway, it also means rewriting part of the saving routine so expect a new version late next week, in the mean time I would stick to setting priority levels of around 3-4 as the lowest rather than 1 (Reset Priority (All) will set all words priority to 4 in v1.1) :lol:

Guest Ainvar

Here is my version info also.

CSD Version:

When I try to load the file from my phone it is still hanging and all it says at the bottom of the app is "Receiving Smartphone Dictionary...". I am not able to find the t9 dictionary file on my phone either.

Guest dreamweavel

Cheers Gothi - great app :lol:

Interestingly I've got a ROM-upgraded SPV E200 which still uses the mst9.udb...

CSD Version:

I've had no problems at all :)

Guest gothi

Thanks, I finished off v1.2 last night, it's mainly changes to the way the priority is calculated, I'm a bit reluctant to release it, however will probably do it tonight :)