msT9 Ed (yes, another PC based T9 editor) v1.2 now available

Guest gothi

Guest stevekay

Would anyone be interested in a version of this for the phone itself?

It would only have limited functionality such as delete words and maybe add, but it is possible.

gothi - if you want to do it yourself, let me know and I will step aside...

Guest gothi
Would anyone be interested in a version of this for the phone itself?

It would only have limited functionality such as delete words and maybe add, but it is possible.

gothi - if you want to do it yourself, let me know and I will step aside...

Steve, please be my guest, I wouldn't even know where to start on a Smartphone version and you have already shown you know exactly what you're doing (without your initial findings and assistance it would have taken me a lot longer to make msT9 Ed) :D

If you do want any assistance or I can help you in any way (I seriously doubt you need my help :D) feel free to give me a shout, however I'm moving any day now (hence no software update yet) and won't be around for immediate responses

• 3 months later...
Guest Flubster

Any progression on this? I've got a c500 now, and need to edit the t9 dictionary (I was extremely drunk one night on riverside and added mj as a word. Now when I type OK i get mj, its irritating me!)

msT9 ed doesn't open the dictionary file, are windows mobile 2003SE database's different?

Hope you can get this to work, before I just kill the entire database, just to get rid of this annoying mj!

Flubster

Guest stevekay

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unless gothi has cracked it, I can't see a way of cracking the T9 database for the C500 (or any using T9AW.udb).

I've still had no response from any of the manufacturers on how to interpret it - but I will still keep on trying :)

Steve

PS: If someone does manage to crack the DB, let me know and I will knock up the application.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest FrankyG
It seems to be a 2003 issue.. my MPx200 updated to 2003 doesn't work as well. Good luck in cracking it!

eh?! can this be done? I've been away for some time...can you point me in the right direction as I would be interested in doing this?

Cheers..

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unless gothi has cracked it, I can't see a way of cracking the T9 database for the C500 (or any using T9AW.udb).

I've still had no response from any of the manufacturers on how to interpret it - but I will still keep on trying  ^_^  

Steve

PS: If someone does manage to crack the DB, let me know and I will knock up the application.

I'm currently occupied developing some software for a company in the states so I seriously doubt I will get any time to look at the T9AW.udb, sorry :D

• 3 weeks later...

Like pagemaker i'm also getting "range Check Error" on my file. i have 126 words in it and tried removing few of them. that didn't work. I'm including my vocabulary file. if anybody can help me out?

My phone is Samsung I600 on verizon network.

thanks

alex

mst9.zip

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest StereoDave

Hi guys, this looks like a really handy thing to have but I've got a few questions about how to use it! They are really basic questions but I'm useless at this sort of thing, so any help is appreciated.

- Can this be used on any mobile phone? I've got a Samsung Tocco (SHG-F480), is that compatible?

- The file ive seen mentioned, the mst9.udb or something, how do i get that onto my computer?

- Once its on the computer, I just edit it and drag it back to the same place right?

Cheers for any help, sorry if they are stupid questions!

Dave

• 1 year later...
Guest Flemming Ast
I've uploaded msT9 Ed v1.1, you can find it in the first post.

Changelog:

[*]Fixed multiple deletion of words

[*]Changed Priority calculation, range is now 1-60 with the warning generated above 30

[*]Added (De)Select all words (requested)

[*]Added a few extra memory clean up routines

I'm attaching Version Info, a quick app I knocked up to get the version info of your phones ROM, can an E200 owner with a phone that uses the mst9.udb T9 dictionary use it and paste the results here and also an owner of an E200 that uses the T9AW.UDB format do the same please :P

You MUST have ActiveSync installed to use Version Info and it copies it's results directly to the clipboard for easy pasting here, please make sure there is nothing you wish to keep in the clipboard before using.

Guest Flemming Ast
Version 1.2 attached 28/05/2004

Changelog:

[*] Priority calculation changed again, hopefully this is a happy medium.

[*] New check added when saving, if Priority checksum is greater than FFFF msT9 Ed attempts to apply a fix

[*] Misc fixes on unimportant display functions

[*] Help File updated with a new section (Saving a 'T9 input destroyed' dictionary)

[*] Now able to open a dictionary by dropping it onto the application.

Like many others here I was tired of my T9 Dictionary resetting on a regular basis and found Steve Kays T9 Suite to be exceptionally usefull, however it was lacking the features I wanted for fast and powerfull control over the dictionary, so I wrote my own application.

Features:

[*]Edit your existing dictionary

[*]Create a new dictionary from scratch

[*]Fast word input, just hit Enter to submit a new word

[*]Quickly delete multiple words

[*]Edit words on the fly

[*]Increase or decrease a words priority for faster access to your favourite words

[*]Reset all words priority in a single click

[*]Automaticly removes duplicate words

[*]Auto sorting of your words by alphabetical or priority

[*]'Word Checking' to avoid illegal characters being added to your dictionary (based on what is available when # is held down)

[*]No additional framework needed

[*]Rapid loading and saving when connected to Smartphone (During testing loading a Dictionary from my E100 took aproximately 2-3 seconds, saving one took just under 2 seconds)

[*]Chance to rescue a 'T9 input destroyed' dictionary

It was done as project purely for my needs (and a work colleague) but I thought others might appreciate the extra features it offers.

I only have access to an E100, but have included a version check for the Dictionary path so I'm hoping it will work on E200's too.

Please read the included Help file, it covers basic usage and has a troubleshooting section too.

If you do find any bugs, please do let me know, I've been using it for days now and it seems solid but as any programmer knows it's easy for you to miss something that others may find.

Much thanks to Steve Kay who's checksum information was invaluable and has produced a great set of T9 tools :D

Here's a couple of images and the actual program (forgive the quality of the pics, I resized and compressed them)

Hi,

Do you know the names of T9 data bases on HTC running WM 6.5?

as I can not fin any *.udb files on Diamond2 or HD2.

Thank you. :P