3 Sim card in MPx200?

Guest sophist

Guest sophist

I was just talking to a lovely young lady (sorry, not very PC I know, but true!) at a 3 shop here in Hong Kong who told me that it might be possible to use a 3 Sim card in my MPx200.

She said that her technicians had tried it with the new Sony Ericsson T630 and that it had worked quite well, achieving much greater download speeds than a standard GPRS connection (although not as fast as a dedicated 3 handset).

I was wondering whether anyone in the UK had tried this and if in fact it does work with the MPx200.

Guest muzzio_giovanni

the only way for do that is using a triple sim adapter,infact i use a double sim adapter so in this way i use,in this moment, 2 sim on my mpx200 : "vodafone" and "wind" and i switch using airplane mode this metod is possible also with 3 sim and it work in a very good way

Guest scott2eyes

I think Sophist was referring to a 3G Sim- ie the third generation of mobile networks, usually sold as videophones, with faster data connections etc. (Although I have to say that my inital reaction was "why would anyone need 3 SIMs...)

I seem to recall someone saying that they used a 3 SIM with their SPV, and that it stopped working when a certain upgrade was released. However, it only worked on the 2G network (that "3" reverts to when it can't get full 3G signal.)

Guest danhs

also there's no way that a non 3g phone could achieve faster than gprs download speeds, when a 2.5g phone is using a 3 sim it utilises the 2.5g network that 3 has signed a deal with in that specific country. Unless they were using EDGE or HSCD those techys were liars :)

Guest squall

3 sims did work providing access to voice and texts. There was no access to the 3g system, and no access to grps as 3 dont have a proxy.

This ended in the uk about 2 months ago when 3 issued new sim cards and locked the old ones. The new sim cards dont work with current non 3 phones.

Regarding the spv i belive 3 sim cards still work in phones with the old swedish update.