Phone won't allow me to install programs.

Guest krubbra

Guest krubbra

Hi,

For some reason my MPX200 has stopped allowing me to install programs. The .CAB files download into the phone, but they will not install. When I try to install from the computer, the white install screen appears on the phone only for a quick second and then it disappears.

Any help out there???

Thanks,

Kim

Guest awarner [MVP]

A few things to look at, check your SettingsHomescreenTimeout and change it to never.

Next try rebooting your phone, if your physical memory is low

this can cause the phone to stop an installation.

Finally try using exploring the phone with Activsync and look in

IPSMWindowsAppMgrInstall and delete everything inside

that folder as you may have a failed install but normally this

problem is slightly different to the one you are discribing.

Guest dementia

Hi, im having the same kinda of problems, its really odd, ive tried installing mapopolis, that works fine, then i wanted to try installing pocket streets, didnt work, that white installation box pops up, then disappears without having done anything. Same thing happened while tryin to install taskmanager (the one on the cd)

Ive tried doing the things youve said, ive even tried hard resetting it, nothing worked, what could have happened all of the sudden ? maybe activesync is badword?

Mickey

Guest awarner [MVP]

After a hard reset you are still getting the probem :? is it only

those two apps that are not installing or is this after you have

reinstalled all you other apps again first?

When installing apps you should install to the storage card rather than the phone to help to save.

Also as above check the IPSMWindowsAppMgrInstall

for any files, one thing I forgot to mention above is that on your pc you may need to enable "View all files" to check the Install file

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nickmclaren

i am having similar problems aswell, its only with certain application that i have previously installed then uninstalled, then when i try to install them again, it doesn't work. i previously installed on phone memory, then i wanted to install on the SD card but it wouldn't let, it would just say there is a error. any ideas how to help me install?

Guest awarner [MVP]

What is the actual error?

Have a look in the folder IPSMWindowsAppMgrInstall

delete anything you find in this folder.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Powerpuff

Hello everybody,

I am having this problem also on my MPX200 (uk WM2002) and have tried everything from looking in IPSMWindowsAppMgrInstall to reinstalling different versions of Activsync. Phone used to work absolutly fine until yesterday- and from reading these post i think it may have been triggered by me having tried to install pocket pc ver of agile messenger by mistake- however i would have thought by by having flashed the phone since then it would solve it, but no luck!

I can successfully install applications from the CD, and those that have installers but nothing else- ie. everytime I move something over via Activsync it just does not show on my handset. Plus as i flashed i no longer have smart explorer on the phone :cry:

Nothing seems to work and i am tearing my hair out!

Someone PLEASE help....

Guest gavboy

Are your phones application unlocked? This sounds like what happens to locked phones (Orange UK phones are supplied locked). If the app is not approved then you'll get the white installation box pop up for half a second and then disappear.

Guest Powerpuff

Thanks for your reply- have resloved the prob....

was actually having an extreamly blond moment and trying to install in IPSMWindowsAccessories instead of IPSMWindowsStart MenuAccessories which was why i couldnt see the applications--- yeah i know duh!! :oops: