Upgrade at Orange Shop

Guest teebe

Was the 702 the phone you had on the account before of was it one you had in a drawer??

I've got a 8310 which is heading towards my wife on upgrade but I do have a 402 in the drawer doing nothing!

Guest deiwise

Just been to my local Orange Shop - got exactly the same deal as you did Modaco. £10 off for the pre-order (due in this week), £20 for the 3210.

Can't complain; haven't used that 3210 for years :D

Will

Guest Paul [MVP]

Ditto for my nk702!

For what you actually get in the box, even £99.99 is a helluva bargain!

The belt pouch is actually starting to grow on me too (shame there's nowhere to put the camera in it, and shame it isn't nice quality leather, and shame it's so tricky to get the phone out). Other than that.... :wink:

P

Guest tnaseem

I saw a bloke once who had one of these belt pouches and when the phone rang he simply pulled out this earpiece from it and stuck it in his ear. Once finished with it it just retracted back into the pouch!

Bloody showoff.

I'd use my belt pouch, but I'm a tad paranoid about pick pockets! Hence it stays safely in my inside pocket (well as safe as it can be that is!).

Guest deiwise

Yeah I think I'd stick with the old fashioned low-tech "pockets" m'self.

Does anyone have (or can take?) some screengrabs of the SPV in action with MSN Messenger? Still not seen any examples of it yet.

Will

Guest deiwise

Yeah I think I'd stick with the old fashioned low-tech "pockets" m'self.

Does anyone have (or can take?) some screengrabs of the SPV in action with MSN Messenger? Still not seen any examples of it yet.

Will

:x Is my phone the only one that turns the screenlight on at every button press even when the keylock is on making it totally impractical to use the holster??????

you can take any "working" phone with charger and book to get discount

if you want to see the spv in action with screen view the microsoft streaming video, but beware- even MS use an overhead projector to show screens, and you want to take the banter with the same pinch of salt you take when installing a MS operating system (reading the screen)

I wish i had gone for the jornada 928, but it is 330 quid more (assuming you are purchasing from smalltalk.co.uk where its 29.99 for the same phone on same contract as orange shops, and since they arent just web based CPW have to match them, look at their garantees on their website then go into shop and whine

Can I trade in a non-Orange-branded phone?  I'd like to rid myself of my 6210 - if I can't then I suppose I'll get rid of my Orange-branded 3210

Will

I just went to an orange shop today with my 6210 - The price for upgrade was £99.99, but they will give me £50 for my old phone... = £49.99 for an SPV :D

Still don't know if I want one though :(

All you need to bring in is the Handset.

Remember that you cannot upgrade if you are on OVP Virgin.

Stock is still very low in most orange stores but hopefully this will be rectified by the end of the week.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Yep, Mark speaks the truth! :D

I went in with just the handset (a 702) and a really fat and manky old battery, and they didn't bat an eyelid!

Sweet!

Question is, will Orange buy back more than one phone at a time?

P

Looks like I've got the cheapest deal then.... upgrade = £99 minus £50 for my old 6210 minus £10 as they didn't have them in stock (Only 2 days delay).... equals £39 :D

I think this is the best upgrade I have had yet.

I used to have a 6210 and used it in conjunction with my Jornada 548.

The SPV making both these little puppies redundant, so after giving my 6210 away to a friend and selling my 548 on eBay for about £185 and buying the SPV at £99, in all in all I have made a £86 profit, half of which has gone towards my new 128 SD card.

Deiwise,

Can you confirm that you managed to get an SPV as an upgrade on an OVP Virgin contract? Or am I reading your post wrong?

BTW, how long had you been connected under OVP?

Guest deiwise

Omar_g.

I was told by my Orange shop the other day that upgrading on OVP Virgin will be no problem. However when I went in today to pickup my phone, they rang Orange CS and were told that I'll need to change tariffs a) to upgrade and :D to get the GPRS tariff. So I've changed to OVP Freetime 750 and can't get my phone until this "change" takes place (Dec 4).

Shame :( Had a good look at the phone today - was well gutted I couldn't get it today, as it looks brilliant. Much smaller than I thought.

I was on ED50 for over a year, changed to OVP Virgin earlier this year.

Will

If you get £50 off for trading in a 6210 then you are very lucky. The should not be offered!!

The most trade in is £20 for your old handset off your next bill. If it does work tell us which orange shop did it!!!!!