I-mate Smartphone2 update now available. Did anyone try it?

Guest harshal

Guest harshal

Found this on Mobile Gadget News.

An update to the i-mate Smartphone2 is now available. It fixes many issues, including:

* Improved Battery Life

* Improved Audio Quality

* Improved MMS client

* Headset Bluetooth bonding imporvements

* Bluetooth Serial Port Profile support

* Latest Service Pack 3 from Microsoft

* Service codes added to Speed Dials

* Call Waiting sound

* Latest Radio version

The ROM version is 1.10.15.2, and Radio is 1.16.00.

The update can be downloaded from here and Arabic customizations can be downloaded from here.

Telstra i-mate SP2 owners will need to logon to Club i-mate and visit this page to download the customizations for their network.

DID ANYONE TRY IT ON A E200 OR A XPHONE?

Guest adambern

I tried it last night. After a couple of false starts (the procedure failed but DIDN'T trash my phone) it upgraded in around 5 minutes.

So far I reckon call quality is better - louder and clearer

Battery life is much better 10% down in 7 hours so far and that's with BT on and a card inserted.

DO IT!

Guest harshal

I did it. Just trying out now. Have been installing all my applications. I will let everyone know if the SD card bug, etc still remain. Will keep you guys posted.

Guest bolasz

I'm using the test version of it (the one that appeared on their site accidently for a bit) for a week or 2 on my e200 and I'm very satisfied with it. It is more stabile than the orange rom, sound quality is clear _and_loud. I couldn't tell by how many percent but battery life is better as well. Long pressing a button while writing a message results in a number instead of scrolling the charachters like in the orange rom. And I think startup is also faster a bit.

I'm a happy man! :D

Guest Maverick

I still need the Orange Backup to restore my address book. The Outlook sync doesnt work on my laptop :D. SO no imate update for me for now.

Guest bolasz
I still need the Orange Backup to restore my address book. The Outlook sync doesnt work on my laptop :D. SO no imate update for me for now.

You could try Sprite Backup.

Guest sparkisgti

You could try Sprite Backup.

sprite backup is wicked.. ive been using it for afes and ive also done full restores on friends phones and can guarantee is works.

ive just bought myself a full copy instead of the timed trial :D worth every penny

Guest ex_zero

everyone who's done the update, let us all know within the next few days if the battery life has improved, along with the SD card problem not popping up, as i think everyone is aware that within the first day or two, it can't be judged how well the rom is compared to a weeks worth of play.

Guest cvdbl

If you have Sprite Backup, can you take a backup of your apps/registry/settings with the previous ROM; upgrade the rom, then do a restore? or does that mess up the registry?

Guest HuskerDu
Could anybody confirm if that ROM includes Spanish language?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, it does. Regional Settings-->Language--> Espanol

:D