I-mate Smartphone2 update now available. Did anyone try it?

Guest harshal

Guest gazela

Thanks very, very much for the link, Men.

I´ve upgraded my E200 from QTEK 1.9....Rom to this one, and i can confirm that works very, very good, much quicker than the Qtek's 1.9.... Rom and the earpiece volume is louder than the others Roms. It shoud be, in my opinion a lit bit more louder, but at the moment it´s more confortable than the previous ones. Very Stable and very very Quickly. In my opinion you should UPGRADE as soon as possible. No problems with the SD card nor Bluetooth. T9 works perfectly in Portuguese.

Guest bolasz

@cvdbl

If your backup is from a different, let's say an orange rom,then yes,it does,but nothing you can't correct manually by looking through the registry.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest ri2la

Much better ROM, only prob is I can't get MMS working on Orange, and yes I have the right settings as printed on the repository post, just can't get them to work??

It says on the I-Mate page that there is a mms config app in the accessories folder, but there isn't on mine???

Guest gazela
Much better ROM, only prob is I can't get MMS working on Orange, and yes I have the right settings as printed on the repository post, just can't get them to work??

It says on the I-Mate page that there is a mms config app in the accessories folder, but there isn't on mine???

Not In Acessories. Start and you can find a palicxation that is called MMS.

Guest harshal

Have been two days that I am using the ROM now and no SD card reading bug. Very stable too.

No Cleartype enabled though. Had to download the software from this forum and now it is on.

Very happy with this ROM.

Will update if I find anything new.

Guest ri2la

Sorry got it now, was a bit slow. The config app I was talking about, i found out was only in an earlier version.

ANYONE have this working with orange UK mms?

Guest dacnt

I used Qtek 1.7.4 ROm before and after upgrade to this i-mate phone, sound quality is worse. It is very hard to hear during the call when I am on the street.

Anyone gets the same issue?

Guest hardcore

I've upgraded to this ROM from Qtek 1.9... and this is immediately noticeable:

1. Battery lasts longer in standby mode! I'd say about 50% longer at least... using Beersoft's Battery Monitor, I see now that there are times when 1% of battery lasts 1hour+. Previously, the maximum I ever got was about 1% lasting 40mins. I'm happy with this. I am using a Panasonic 256MB SD card in the phone all the time.

2. Call volume is louder.

3. Speakerphone microphone seems to be clearer (other party can hear you).

4. I never had the "SD bug" in the first place. My SD card always seemed to work fine.

Overall a very nice upgrade.

Guest jordy32

Downgrade to QTEK 1.7 then copied the rom files over to the QTEK setup and ran again. Upgrade nicely no need for Florins fix. One development is that all my installed programs and personal data was left intact on the phone - may just be an odd case

Please let me know if this update includes the languages English, Norweigan and T9 languages English and Norwegian Thansk please please

Guest johnpetrucci9

There are a few languages :

Uk English

Us English

Nederlands

Dansk

Espanol

Italiano

Francais

Deutsch

T9 include:

Italiano

Deutsch

Francais

Nederlands

Dansk

English

Espanol

Portugues

Svenska

Norwegian

Guest subben

Ï'm using a SPV E200 with Orange-Denmark and wanted to know, if i can use the rom mentioned in this thread for my SPV - Or is going to badword everthing up ? - If theres any doubt, ill wait for an official orange update.

Guest Ford the Word
it works very well on qtek8080 too! :D

Daffy, how exactly did you do this upgrade without getting the wrong ID error?

/Ford

Guest rafaelc

Hello, I bought my SPVE200 from a Microsoft Employee, I live in Mexico, I want to know if this upgrade blocks my smartphone and how can I unblock again, in order to use with my local cell phone company

Regards

Guest subben

Block ? Sim Lock Or what ?

As far as i have heard - updating or patchin doest re-lock the sim lock again - so there shouldnt be any trouble there