I-mate Smartphone2 update now available. Did anyone try it?

Guest harshal

Guest rafaelc

Hello, I tried the i-mate ROM upgrade (link posted in this forum) and I got the error "Error 100: Incompatible image...your smartphone Model: Microsoft ... ROM version: 1.7.16.0 ... The selected image information: Model: i-mate .. ROM Version: 1.10.15.2", and with the Orange's ROM update or using florin's fixed.exe I got the same error.

Is there any way to avoid this error?

Regards

Guest Simon Desser
ANYONE have this working with orange UK mms?
Yepp!  :D

I've followed people's suggestions on MMS settings for Orange UK using this i-mate ROM, and have got a couple of problems :?

I can receive MMS messages, no problem, but, when I try to send them, they just sit in the Outbox and won't go :?:

When I receive an MMS, I get a message on the screen telling me I've got one (which goes after a few seconds) then my MMS counter shows "1" MMS, but the phone doesn't sound, or vibrate, so I don't know I've got a message 'till I look at the screen :?:

Guest Simon Desser
I can receive MMS messages, no problem, but, when I try to send them, they just sit in the Outbox and won't go :?:

I've sussed out what was wrong here, I missed off the slash at the end of

http://mms.orange.co.uk/ which seemed to make all the diference :D

Now to get it to vibrate and sound :?

Guest sonics8

i cannot update my o2 x-phone to this rom everytime i try it gives error 117 incompatible image using fixed.exe from this forum. i tried to update in bootloader mode but its dont get beyond 0% and then a message says error 113 update error my rom is the original o2 rom version 1.9.11.4 please help how can I update my phone step by step. and thanx

Guest Roland

So based on personal and others attempts, it looks like anyone with the Orange ROM cannot directly update to this, since none of the methods (orange update w/new NK.nbf, use of florins' modified updateer, etc). It does seem that the people succeeding have been running various flavors of Qtek ROMs. It also seems that, even then, there is not a consistent path - some can do the straight upgrade, others need fixed.exe, etc.

Any thoughts to a multi-step process, e.g. up/down/side-grade from current Orange ROM to Qtek 1.0x, then upgrade following one of the described paths?

Guest johnpetrucci9
Why when I receive a mms, the telephone rings even if the sounds are deactivated?   :?  :?  :?

Someone it knows how to do?

Guest Roland

Must be nice. Others running the current Orange ROM on SPV E200s seem to be experiencing the same thing, whether in bootloader or not - your choice of image or deviceID errors... :D Ah the joys of doing things we're not supposed to :wink:

May get some time to play around with this later as the real world is calling now...

Guest Simon Desser

Someone it knows how to do?

Same here too :? very annoying :twisted:

The only way I can stop it making a sound is to put the phone into "Silent Profile", THEN, turn the earpiece volume down to nothing.

I can't get it to vibrate though when I get an MMS :?:

Guest Roland

Too bizarre ... After ~8 different attempts using the updaters and bootloader, including two failed 0% runs, it finally updated. Yeah, it's just software :D

Guest nedge2k

Well im kinda happy :D

Could never get mms to work on O2 wth my E200, it does with the i-mate rom! The ArcSoft composer is pretty rubbish tho...but it works all the same :D

Only let down is that i cant get the internet to work now. Anyone managed to get it working on O2 UK PayandGo?

Oh and BTW, i tried the operator settings .cabs on the i-mate site and they dont work either and once i pulled it apart i noticed that some of the settings were wrong anyway! :roll:

Guest dt_bogor

I tried to install this update. it erased my XPhone and then when flashing didn't move from 0%, then fails with a 'connection error'. Now my Xphone only starts to the bootloader!!

any tips??

Guest gessle

I was sucessfully upgraded from xphone to imate. Unfortunately, the bulit camcorder could function as usual. After taking video, when i click play, it just play for ...i think..0.5s.. HELP!!!! Probably another bug for this new i-mate bug.

Guest chrisc28
I was sucessfully upgraded from xphone to imate. Unfortunately, the bulit camcorder could function as usual. After taking video, when i click play, it just play for ...i think..0.5s.. HELP!!!! Probably another bug for this new i-mate bug.

This was exactly the problem I encountered and mentioned in an earlier post. Unfortunately, no one seems to notice this problem. Either that, or the advantages of the iMate ROM is so much better that we can forgive this little bug. :D

Guest namiran

can more people who installed this update please confirm that theres something buggy when recording video? is there any more bugs?

is this update much better than the qtek 1.9 update that i currently use?

Guest namiran

i couldnt wait for the answere so i did the upgrade...sorta feels bad that i cant watch movies i recorded with the cam, tried it with betaplayer but i didnt have the right codecs...but otherwise the update seems good, it fixed a problem i hade with my keys and joystick too (they didnt responde correctly before) anyways...like the others recommend this update :D

Guest DSylvian
it works very well on qtek8080 too! :D

:D My Qtek8080 has ROM version 1.7.10.2 and when I try to run the update it returns Error 117: Invalid model ID.

Any ideas?

Greetings from Portugal

Guest must50302

hello all.new to this forum but not new to cell phones and i am from the USA,not many spv e200's here .i installed this rom to my spv e200.i love this rom ,its so much better.i like that holding a letter key for a few sec will give you a number. unlike the orange rom you have to punch a lot of keys to enter an ip address when setting up the wap. and WOW the battery life is much better then my mpx200 and the orange rom. my battery has lasted 1 1/2 days with out charging. battery is at 30% and i use my phone alot! just have to with out this forum i would never found out how to upgrade <>downgrade firmware.i have 3 smartphones (mpx200,spv e100 and spv e200) by far the e200 is the best one,well now with this rom.

Guest Simon Desser
can more people who installed this update please confirm that theres something buggy when recording video? is there any more bugs?

is this update much better than the qtek 1.9 update that i currently use?

I've not had any problems recording or playing video with this ROM :D