GAPI to GDI wrapper for 8390

Guest picard_beta

Guest picard_beta

you mean with a security xml update like the current unlocking (i suppose it is)?

then it would mean they really don't carry about customer support :D

but at least i learned many new things about smartphones :D

Guest markgamber

Well hot damn, that last update did the trick for me. It not only works, it works very well. I can't say as I really cared all that much about playing games on the phone but it's working and for that, a million thanks!

Guest mikevirgil

with updated GAPI2GDI:

- SPVMan now works perfectly!

- Picodrive doesn't work anymore

- PocketSNES laucnhes but freezes the phone when a rom is loaded

- XRally Alpha works (but the game sucks! :D)

I'm gonna try to put the dll files directly on directory.. Stay tuned...

Guest mikevirgil
with updated GAPI2GDI:

- Picodrive doesn't work anymore

- PocketSNES laucnhes but freezes the phone when a rom is loaded

I'm gonna try to put the dll files directly on directory.. Stay tuned...

Still doesn't work for me (by putting the gxdma.dll file on apps directory...). Phone freezes...

okay you guys are geniuses, time to make you guys appear on the frint page and every other smartphone website around leave it to me you guys are gonna be famous.....lol

great work boys keep it up.....

"Z"

Guest picard_beta
Still doesn't work for me (by putting the gxdma.dll file on apps directory...). Phone freezes...

are you sure you removed all the old wrapper's gx.dll and gxorig.dll? puting gxdma.dll to the apps directory doesn't matter anymore. the original gx.dll in windows will load and use the gxdma.dll (not the application).

Guest schriss

Guys, see first post, there is a workaround making ALL games and apps work with original GAPI!

Tutorial is on it's way!!

GAPI is no longer an issue for Mio8390 :D :D :lol:

Guest Frazzyscot

You boys are geniuses....just when I was thinking of going to the dark side (P900) I now have my Mitac running the things I want it to run so no need to get rid of it now!! and as they say, things can only get better :D

Guest schriss

I'm happy to hear that :lol:

P900?? How could you? :D Get SmartPhoneTurbo and clock your Mio8390 at 300MHz (RAM gets then clocked at 133MHz) - then show me faster Smartphone :D

Tutorial for final GAPI solution is almost ready, I'll post it in few minutes...

Guest pwest13

Come on!! u said ur post it in a few mins, 2 mins ago!!!!!

Whats takin u so god damn long! Cant u see were desperate for good friggin games!

:D:D:D Keep it up u lot, and when u write mios next programs either :

1)Make sure theres good support for them

and

2)Get me discount ! :lol::D:D

Westy :D

Guest markgamber

Don't forget to send your post to Mitac along with a few words on how much we've enjoyed their support in this matter and how soon we'll all be ready to buy another phone from them.

Meanwhile, kudos to the support here. :-)

Guest schriss

banana_salute.gif

Sorry it took so long, I had to try all games to be sure it works :D

So far ALL games and apps I tried work when properly signed :lol:

Yeti3D RULEZ :shock:

You need to see this! http://modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=109335

Eclipse: First Wave - works great! it took me some time to test it, couldn't take my hands off my phone... :D

Thanks to Picard, the maker of BetaPlayer, who doesn't even own Mio8390, but was able to code GAPI2GDI wrapper and then make this final solution happen :D We were working on it until late night hours yesterday, but it worked :D

Now IT IS TIME TO CELEBRATE banana.gifEnjoy.

GAPI Solution - Signing Pack.zip

Great tho, just thinking, signing is a long process, but is there much difference having the wrapper and signing? coz all the games work fine with the wrapper, should i uninstalle the wrapper then sign all the games, will that be better?

"Z"

Guest picard_beta

@schriss: why don't you use html as tutorial format? there is an export function in winword (maybe it will need some manual image size adjustions)

btw my nickname is just picard, but it was not available on this site :D

Guest schriss

Signing takes few seconds actually, after you do it 2-3 times :D

And yes, there is a difference! Duke Nukem 3D is playable after signed, with wrapper it isn't.

BetaPlayer is MUCH faster, 147% when signed, around 110% with wrapper.

See my post on first page for benchmark results.

Quake and Yeti3D didn't work for me with the wrapper.

On the other hand, Eclipse: First Wave was very playable with wrapper, so your choice :D

Guest picard_beta

@Zim: i didn't tested with the final wrapper, but i think there will no speed penalty when you leave the wrapper installed and use a signed game. the wrapper will not load in this case ( @schriss could you test this? the final wrapper is different from the one a sent you last time ) so you can leave the wrapper installed, even when you sign you favourite games

Guest schriss

Zim:

If you have the wrapper installed, you do not need to uninstall it. If your game is unsigned it will use wrapper, but will be a little slower. If not playable or doesn't work, then sign the game and it will automatically use original gx.dll.

I just tested that with Duke Nukem 3D. I have wrapper installed and exe is signed and game is playable as without wrapper (with signing only).

Guest modojojo

They need to give you guys an award! Mitac needes to fly two representatives to were you guy's live and give you a huge bag of money. Then set you guy's up as official Mitac service techs!!!!!!!

P.S. ZIM check your mailbox I PM'd you!