GAPI to GDI wrapper for 8390

Guest picard_beta

Guest schriss

ZIM: sign DLL, as I wrote in the tutorial :D

Sometimes you have to sign EXE and DLL files as well.

Yeti3D WORKS, and is impressive!! :shock:

Guest bladerun

You guys are great!

Now this phone is REALLY the best smartphone on the market! (mpx220 is not yet out :D)

I can run many games I didn't before but there are some issues i can't resolve.

I downloaded betaplayer 0.04, removed the old 003, installed the new version, signed the exe file and the phone says it cannot run the program because it is NOT signed!?

So I tried to sign all the dlls in betaplayer directory but nothing changes.

I get the same problem with Motocross Stunt Racer.

Any idea?

BTW, my phone IS unlocked...

Guest picard_beta
I downloaded betaplayer 0.04, removed the old 003, installed the new version, signed the exe file and the phone says it cannot run the program because it is NOT signed!?

So I tried to sign all the dlls in betaplayer directory but nothing changes.

try signing all the .plg files (these are actaully dlls. i know there a many :D ) but this is just my guess.

in next release i will sign the files by deault.

Guest bladerun

try signing all the .plg files (these are actaully dlls. i know there a many :D ) but this is just my guess.

in next release i will sign the files by deault.

This was the problem. By signing ALL exe, dlls and plgs it works!

Thank you.

Guest markgamber

LOL! Excellent....for once it sucks to be Mitac instead of it's customers. If they ever fix the rest of the bugs in the phone, it'll be first rate. It's the best phone I've ever had, too...ironic that it comes from one of the worst companies I've ever dealt with.

BTW, is it me or has justmio.com disappeared along with their credibility? I haven't been able to get to it for some time.

Guest mikevirgil

great improvments, yep! Thank you for all your hard work!!!!....

... however....

...PocketSnes still doesn't work, even if I sign the exe file and remove all gx.dll and gxold.dll and gxdma.dll... :D(

"Help me ObiWan Kenobi! You're our only hope!"

Guest schriss

By "doesn't work" you mean it quits or display an "Access denied" error message? Second case is usuall, if you sign exe, but don't sign other (not necessairly DLL) files.

Guest schriss

Westy: it's all in the tutorial :D

You need to install the app, then copy exe from the phone to your PC, sign it, copy back to the phone and that should do it :D

Guest pwest13

Wow,

Nice goin Schriss, i dont care if any of you ridicule me im playing pokemon on my smartphone with no delay of framerate!!!! (legally of course)

Westy :D

Guest schriss

Westy: I tried to get that ZX Spectrum to work (it freezes, damn it, just like it was freezing on my Qtek7070...) just to play those old games...

ALL ZX Spectrum ROMS are free :D http://www.worldofspectrum.org

http://www.justmio.com is back (someone mentioned it was down), I was hoping they were putting loads of ROM files for us to choose from... :D

Seriously, it's ridiculous, that there are Mio8390 phones out there with newer ROM version AND MMS client is in english on them, and Mitac didn't care to share that new ROM with those who still have MMS in Chinese only, like me :?

Guest markgamber

It is ridiculous, yes. I guess Mitac figures it's users to be idiots who can't install their own firmware or whatever. I wasn't even aware there was an english MMS app until yesterday...must be nice.

Well anyway, I saw an unbranded, unlocked MPx300 for sale (presale, I suppose) for $2000 and after I stopped laughing, I thought you guys should have posted a paypal account for donations from grateful 8390 owners who won't have to bend over for Motorola now. At least not right away. $2000....must be assembled in the USA by teamsters. :-D

Guest pwest13

My MMS is english, bit silly really cos i have it and never use it and u want it but cant have it. Mitac's extremely good at p***ing particular customers off.

Did u send the package to Mitac? i say charge them to use it, 12p for every download they have!!!!

:D:D:D

Westy

BTW pokemon is fantastic schriss

Guest schriss

That MPx300 is probably Engineering Sample...

No, I didn't send them the package :D but I did send them link to our news on msmobiles page 8)

Donations? Would be nice, but I prefer that you guys keep developing those great games and apps, like roozbet's ports of Duke Nukem or Wolfen, like Picard's BetaPlayer, or that cool Yeti3D engine... maybe someone makes a nice demo or even game on it... to keep our 300MHz, at-last-GAPI-friendly phones busy :D

Guest mikevirgil
great improvments, yep! Thank you for all your hard work!!!!....

... however....

...PocketSnes still doesn't work, even if I sign the exe file and remove all gx.dll and gxold.dll and gxdma.dll... :D(

"Help me ObiWan Kenobi! You're our only hope!"

In fact, the emulator freezes the phone. Nothing more to do then but press the red button during 5 or 6 seconds, then restart the phone... Too bad, because PocketSnes is one of my favourite app... :D

Guest markgamber

FWIW, there's been an upgrade "hack" for the 8380 apparently for some time. I grabbed this, took it apart and have been trying to get the jMMS package to work. It seems like it wants to, it's just a matter of getting the registry and directory entries right which I haven't figured out yet as it still can't find a "connection profile". If I get it working I'll post the results and instructions. It doesn't look all that great, but it's at least in english and both Mitac and Arcsoft couldn't care less about those of us stuck with the Chinese version.

Guest schriss

Sounds cool, we could wait forever for update from Mitac... especially when they didn't release the new ROM they already have :roll:

I also tried to find a language file in Windows where my Chinese MMS client is installed and maybe try to translate, there is a guy on the MoDaCo forum, pretty good in Chinese, might be willing to help...

Guest markgamber

I just sent myself an MMS message using jMMS, so it does send. I sent it to my work email address and it arrived with the image and text and the return address was that of the phone. What I haven't been able to do as of yet is receive an MMS. I'm not sure if I'm not sending it correctly or if I'm missing something. But there's some progress, at least.

Guest markgamber

I think so...I've sent myself MMS messages before using a SE T610 and it worked ok. Since then, however, I've had problems with an attempted MMS message trying to show up on the phone as an SMS message....twice an hour, every hour, for 5 or 6 days until I called T-Mobile and asked them to do something about it. They did and now I'm wondering if I simply can't send myself an MMS message. I'll slap together some instructions on getting jMMS and getting it to send. You can try receiving with it, if you'd like, and post the results if yours differ from mine. I'd think that the Chinese app would have picked up on it, if nothing else, so I may just not have receive capability. More to come.