GAPI to GDI wrapper for 8390

Guest picard_beta

Guest The PocketTV Team
you once provided a link with PocketTV signed with Picard's cert. I installed that, opened file and it played. I didn't have to do (sign) anything.

I can verify that this evening if you wish (I'm at work right now).

ok, but did you also try to open a file from PocketTV ? because that function is using the dll we ship with PocketTV. so i want to know if this feature still works on the 8390 when using our signed binary. and i have no way to test, since i don't have a 8390 myself.

Guest schriss

Yes, I understand. I did open a file and it played - as I mentioned for few times.

There is of course a possibility I had signed that dll earlier, and when I later installed your signed PocketTV the dll hasn't been replaced and this is why it worked. But because I uninstalled PocketTV yesterday, I will today verify there is no directory nor files left on SD card, will then install PocketTV and will try to open file and see if it plays.

Will post results this evening (or maybe someone can do that earlier).

Guest The PocketTV Team
Yes, I understand. I did open a file and it played - as I mentioned for few times.

There is of course a possibility I had signed that dll earlier, and when I later installed your signed PocketTV the dll hasn't been replaced and this is why it worked. But because I uninstalled PocketTV yesterday, I will today verify there is no directory nor files left on SD card, will then install PocketTV and will try to open file and see if it plays.

Will post results this evening (or maybe someone can do that earlier).

Ok, thanks... if it works, then it would contradict the statement that dll must always be signed, too. maybe the dll must be signed only when the dll calls the GAPI code ?

Guest schriss

OK, I just did a completely clean PocketTV install. Registry entries were still there (so maybe not that clean... :) ) so when I run PocketTV it recalled the movie I last played. And I can play it.

Now, when I try to open file, I get an error "can't find dll...". Dll of course is there, so it means that this dll also needs to be signed.

So when testing previously, I might had that dll copied from PC to SD as read-only after I did sign it, so new install did not overwrite it, that's why it worked few posts earlier.

Guest The PocketTV Team
OK, I just did a completely clean PocketTV install. Registry entries were still there (so maybe not that clean...  :) ) so when I run PocketTV it recalled the movie I last played. And I can play it.

Now, when I try to open file, I get an error "can't find dll...". Dll of course is there, so it means that this dll also needs to be signed.

So when testing previously, I might had that dll copied from PC to SD as read-only after I did sign it, so new install did not overwrite it, that's why it worked few posts earlier.

Thanks... ok, i'll sign the dll too.

Thanks for testing.

• 3 months later...

I know this topic is kinda old now, but i need the GAPI2GDI 'wrapper', and the mirror doesnt seem to work, is there any alternate mirrors? ive searched google, and i only find links to the topcat.hu site.

Guest markgamber

I just tried it and the exe and cab files downloaded, didn't try the zip. Maybe the domain wasn't in your dns. Try it again later or tomorrow or something.

thank you! I just had to get someone else to dns it for me, i dont know why i couldnt dns it, but now it works. You dont know how many hours ive spent trying to download the fix.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest bladerun

I know there is a wrapper that takes requests to GAPI and translates them to GDI. It does not work in all cases because it is not placed in the \windows directory, but in \storage\windows, which is not always used as a first choice by applications.

I got it working without troubles by renaming gx.dll and copying new gx.dll and gxorig.dll to the \windows folder.

Is there a way to make a wrapper gx.dll to the real GAPI APIs?

We can rename the original gx.dll to gy.dll and then make a fake gx.dll, digitally signed, put into \windows, that can be used by applications.

I'm a programmer but I never developed to mobile platforms, so I don't know anything about GAPI and I need your help.

Please, we can resolve the gapi issue forever!!

• 2 months later...
Guest Magnetic_dud

With smartexplorer 1.0 I can overwrite the original gx.dll.

I tried so to overwrite the windows/gx.dll with your sotrage/windows/gx.dll but it oesn't work

• 7 years later...