MSN featuring RJHTML

Guest midnight

there is some problems, cos i cant access it on the PC now, but phone still works fine (smartphone 2002 and windows mobile 2003), my midnight.modaco.com site is down, dunno why, need Paul to look into it (its also why the MoDaCo logo has dissappeared off here aswell, cos the logos are held on my site)

Guest smith2001

right, nice to hear there's prob's in a strange way. i have smartphone 2003. so maybe the site doesn't work for those users too. cheers for your replies tho. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest muzzio_giovanni

hi to everybody,midnigth i've a little problem qith this skin :

in homescreen i see a black line where there is : "sms (0) email (0) mms (0)" i think that i need a kind of plugin for mms i know that there is one ( mms-patch.cab) on line somewhere but it don't work on my mpx200 because,i think, i send it to assistance for a problem with charge and they change it with another one with an update about windows so at the moment i can't visualize any homescreen different from default one

can someone help me? thanks

another little question : rjhtml plugin for no plus!member permit to use the internet information from msn site?

i waiting fo your help thanks another time

Guest midnight

i really cant help with the sms/mms stuff for mpx200 as i dont have an mpx200 i'm afraid

as for grabbing info from MSN site, i dont use the MSN site for any of the pages, i use various sources, most of which are RSS feeds that i then modify server side to show the info i want and display it in the correct way. The plugin is one thing, but to use it properly you need some html and server side programming skills (php/asp and so you need a website/server to do this). Knowledge of javascript certainly helps aswell (the date/internet time/worldtime stuff is all done with HTML/javascript and is stored locally on the device)

Guest muzzio_giovanni

So i'm here another time :

i solve the problem the only way is remove the software for mms and now everything works properly.

Now midnigth can you help me to personalize the skin for use it? i would like to visualize information about weather first of all so in wich way can i do this?

Guest midnight

as i have already stated, i dont actually want anyone to personalise this skin, if you do want to personalise it you are on your own, and please dont post modifications you have made here.

Guest muzzio_giovanni

Hi midnigth excuse me another time for this question :

is possible have in the list of the city for weather also Catania? the name of the airport is "fontanarossa" thanks for your help,at the moment i find many city from England and only a little from other country

thanks for your help and excuse me another time.

Guest furby

This is a great design, and discovered all the extra options (buddy list etc) which work great. Fantastic work midnight :D

minor thing, earpiece volume isn't skinned when you're In call

Guest midnight

i'll be adding more weather areas soon, i'll be starting a new thread asking for requests, seems the best way to go about it rather than me just guessing.

Strange that your volume screen isnt skinned while in call, mine certainly works :D

Guest smith2001

forgive me midnight but what does the buddy list part do? i've added a friends msn address and then loaded the buddy list page. but what am i supposed to see? as it just shows his whole msn e.mail address. and not his online or offline status. Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest midnight

err, i'd refresh it then (just click the action button), cos it definitely should show an image next to the name that shows the online/offline status

Guest drblow

Oh! I just tried to install this version, and cant get it to work!? I just installed the rjhtml plugin from this thread, and then the 2k3 locked version - but when I select the MSN homescreen it comes up with the old 'no valid homescreens ...' error. I did a reboot but that didn't help.

I did have the plus version rjhtml plugin installed - would that be the problem?

Guest midnight

errr, that shouldnt make a difference, BUT, the url's in this version are encrypted, so the html wont display (shouldnt get the no valid homescreens message though), i 'think' the MSN homescreen in the Plus section is the same as this version, but without encrypted urls. If it isnt then i'll sort it :D

Guest junior2377
did you reboot? if that didnt work, go to settings, select a different <a href=http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreen</a>,'>http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreen</a>, press done, then go back into the <a href=http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewforum.php?f=43>homescreen</a> settings and change it back to MSN again.

Hey Midnight... i'm having the same problem with a locked Mpx200.... i installed the plugin... rebooted... installed the homescreen... rebooted... selected it.. it said "no home screen layouts can be found. Install a valid home screen layout and then select it using the Home Screen item in Settings."

i changed it back to default... went to the home screen... changed it back to msn.. and got the same thing... over and over again.. any ideas?

Guest junior2377

ok... got the homescreen to work... just have to figure out how to configure the weather etc etc... looks great though...

Guest shodanjr_gr

Midnight, from now on i worship you :D

The best homescreen ive ever seen packing excellent functionality.

Thx man

ps: This work of yours has actually made me consider subscribing to MoDaCo Plus :D

Guest midnight

thanks shodanjr_gr, just started another homescreen, may include the RJHtml plugin again, we'll see.

junior2377, go into Pocket internet explorer and select the MSNHome favourite, from there you can set up the options for buddy list and weather, i'll be updating all this soon to include more locations, and also finish off the custom screens.

Guest pookieguy

Hello midnight,

I'm wondering how you display the clock page using the MSN homescreen?

I can't seem to find any options at all.

I have this installed and selected but can't seem to access any options like the clock page?

Any help appreciated.

--

Guest midnight

i'm working on a new pc-side installer for this homescreen, shouldnt make installation easier for those having troubles, hopefully get it done tonight

Guest junior2377
ps: This work of yours has actually made me consider subscribing to <a href=http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=54779>MoDaCo Plus</a> :D

I'll agree to that.... Midnight... this is an AWESOME homescreen... and New York is close enough to home for me :D i get all NY weather on tv anyway...

I think i'll go look into becoming plus now...

Guest pookieguy

midnight,

A bit confused now that you have posted that.

So there are no options to customize it on the phone itself?

thanks,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.