Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest De-GeXte

Hey i also noticed that some titles that used to work oke before dont work anymore now.

I've tried bionic commando for NES and for GBC and both dont seem to work anymore. :)

The screen turns black and then nothing happens

Guest De-GeXte
I don't think you are allowed to say rom names...

Ohw im sorry, i didnt know that. :)

But why not ? im not making large conversations about how to rip a cartridge to a rom, im just saying the name of a game. If indeed my acts are wrong then i'll stop immediatly, but im not very sure that they are.

Guest agent.m

Ohw im sorry, i didnt know that. :P

But why not ? im not making large conversations about how to rip a cartridge to a rom, im just saying the name of a game. If indeed my acts are wrong then i'll stop immediatly, but im not very sure that they are.

long story and its a bit complicated :wink: for now id try not to mention roms on this site :)

Guest De-GeXte
long story and its a bit complicated  :wink: for now id try not to mention roms on this site :P

Oki i will stop it now :) no hard feelings

@bitbank It seems that only the GBC games that have a saved game in the "SAVED_GAMES" folder do start oke. All the other GBC games start and then turn to black screen on my phone. anybody else having this problem ?

Ohw and another thing : The backlight dims, even with the "keep backlight on (in play)" option turned on.

Guest deagle

De-Gexte,you might have delete the saved-file and switch the "auto save/load" on,that simply cause the black screen issue.

So bitbank,is it a known bug?

Guest De-GeXte
Does it turns off completely? if not that's good right half lit means half the drain?

No it doesn't turn off completely, it just dims.

You're right about half lit means half drain but it also means half sight. :) And i find it quite annoying when first the backlight dims because i haven't pressed a button for 10 secs and then turns on again when i press a button, and after a while dims again.

If there are different opinions about this then i think another option in the optionscreen will be a good idea. Something like this :

* keep backlight at full lit

o enable backlight dim

o enable backlight turn off

Oh and an option to change the sound volume would be nice too. Because the earpiece volume buttons dont seem to work while playing a game. Also could you make this volume control earpiece independent. (sorry dunno how to say in correct english :P ). I mean like pocketTV does. The program got a volume control of itself. The earpiece volume doesnt get changed when you change the volume of the program.

good luck bitbank

Guest De-GeXte
De-Gexte,you might have delete the saved-file and switch the "auto save/load" on,that simply cause the black screen issue.

So bitbank,is it a known bug?

Dunno exactly what you mean but i've tried to fix the blackscreen problem this way :

- deleted all savegames i had

- turned the auto save/load option off

- played a game that didnt work before (title A) (worked :) )

- turned the auto safe/load option on

- played the same game again (title A) ( worked :P )

- played another game (title :D ( didnt work :) )

- turned auto save/load option off

- played same game again (title :) ( worked :D )

conclusion : auto save/load connot be turned on when you want to start a game that doesnt have a savegame.

Hope bitbank can fix this. :D

Guest deagle

Dunno exactly what you mean but i've tried to fix the blackscreen problem this way :

- deleted all savegames i had

- turned the auto save/load option off

- played a game that didnt work before (title A) (worked :) )

- turned the auto safe/load option on

- played the same game again (title A) ( worked :P )

- played another game (title :) ( didnt work :) )

- turned auto save/load option off

- played same game again (title :) ( worked :D )

conclusion : auto save/load connot be turned on when you want to start a game that doesnt have a savegame.

Hope bitbank can fix this. :D

Bingo :D

Bitbank,I think the runtime save/load function is useful,will you add it?

Guest bitbank

Thank you all for your feedback.

I'm not sure why the backlight is dimming. I added code which works on the Pocket PC and keeps the device from suspending by pressing a "fake" keypress every few seconds. Apparently your phone needs to detect the real thing. Which phone are you using? I will need to research more about this. On my MPx200 my technique seems to work fine.

I'm sorry about the saved game state problem. I made some changes to the data file in this build (unavoidable) which made the old save state data incompatible with the new. Next time this occurs I will warn you to delete any old saved games.

I have added a new feature to allow you to specify 5 different game states to be saved and loaded at any time during gameplay. I have also created a friendly installer. I should have both of these ready to try later today.

Please keep the bug reports and suggestions coming...

Thank you,

Larry B.

Is the emulator designed to just run good dumps? Most of my backups that are bad dumps (even oversized) cause the phone to crash. I was wondering what caused this...

Guest bitbank

I am sorry to say that I must cancel this project. I may be able to revive it in the future, but for now I cannot release it.

I appreciate all of the effort from those who helped test it and submit their bug reports.

Larry B.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
I am sorry to say that I must cancel this project. I may be able to revive it in the future, but for now I cannot release it.

Why? :)

:cry:

Guest Coolbox

What the *****!!! :shock: :evil: :evil: :evil:

You can't do that to us.

Can't you at least releas a serial that can be bought wich gives full access to this version?? :cry:

You can just chance the serial if are going to release a new version.

I am very shocked!!! :roll:

Guest rcperez
I am sorry to say that I must cancel this project.  I may be able to revive it in the future, but for now I cannot release it.

I appreciate all of the effort from those who helped test it and submit their bug reports.

Larry B.

maybe just release a 2-min non-expiring demo version (not limited to Sept 1) at the least for us. So we could still show it to our smartphone wielding friends. Just think of it as a pre-marketing strategy so if you do revive the project everyone is still up to date :), well thats to say at the least.

Guest bitbank

The reasons I need to put this project on hold have to do with the companies I am working with and am about to work with. I can't go into more details and I can't leave working copies lying around.

L.B.

Guest Coolbox

How sure can we be that you will finish it and if you find out that you don't...will you then release a non-finished version?

I really looked forward to this and I am ready to pay reasonable money for it...I can transfer them to you account or what you like........I even know more people (not in this forum) that are interested in it and they will also pay for it.

I was wondering if anyone else had their saved files (*.SAV) reset (erased) when you use the reset function of the emulator...I was wondering if anyone else had their saved files (*.SAV) reset (erased) when you use the reset function of the emulator...

Guest De-GeXte
I'm not sure why the backlight is dimming.  I added code which works on the Pocket PC and keeps the device from suspending by pressing a "fake" keypress every few seconds.  Apparently your phone needs to detect the real thing.  Which phone are you using?  I will need to research more about this.  On my MPx200 my technique seems to work fine.
Using Orange SPV E200 , dunno if you still want to run the research after telling us that you cancel the project. :)

The reasons I need to put this project on hold have to do with the companies I am working with and am about to work with.  I can't go into more details and I can't leave working copies lying around.

To bad you have to cancel project for the moment, I was realy looking forward to it :P

Do you have any idea when you might continue the project again?

Guest PrettyUgly

stopping the project?? i understand, i am a programming major. most companies that hire you have you sign a contract that releases the rights to every piece of code you write. dont know if you ran into that situation, but thats what it sounds like.

can you at least release the code or make it freeware, or something since we cant buy it now?? i NEED this.

Guest bitbank

The problem is not the rights to the code. I am self-employed and own everything in this project. The problem is that I am now working with the game companies on commercial projects.

This code will find its way into a retail product for SmartPhone some day, but I'm not sure when.

I'll be showing it off at the HP Mobility Roadshow next week in Fort Lauderdale. Maybe I can convince someone from Sprint, T-Mobile or AT&T that it is worth licensing the game titles.

L.B.