Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest _Drake_
This code will find its way into a retail product for SmartPhone some day, but I'm not sure when.

You mean it wil never be used..

In the end it's just about getting a fat wallet :evil:

Guest PrettyUgly
The problem is not the rights to the code.  I am self-employed and own everything in this project.  The problem is that I am now working with the game companies on commercial projects.

This code will find its way into a retail product for SmartPhone some day, but I'm not sure when.

I'll be showing it off at the HP Mobility Roadshow next week in Fort Lauderdale.  Maybe I can convince someone from Sprint, T-Mobile or AT&T that it is worth licensing the game titles.

L.B.

nintendo is pretty strict when it comes to emulators and such. do you think its going to fly?? im just trying to purchase this thing now, then you can do whatever the hell you want with it

Guest PrettyUgly
Yawn. Another timewaster that promises the earth and delivers nothing. What is it with Smartphone developers?  :?

i know, this emulator puts me on a high 2 mins at a time!! i dont think the man knows that when you become a programmer for a company, your work becomes theirs. and when you quit, your work is still theres!! i wish he would just release the damn emulator to us, oh and fix the sega master system screen

Guest RichieRich

Hey!!!!

Now I was also one of the many people who was blown away by this app, and I have to admit, I too am a little disappointed that Bitbank will not be completing this app for us anytime soon.

But aren't you guys being a little harsh??? After all, Bitbank didn't have to release his beta here, and furthermore, the fact that he did, shows how commited he is to the progression of smartphone apps in general.

Me thinks some people have just got too greedy, and expect everything for free. Granted, it would be nice to have this app working properly, but considering I didn't pay a red cent for it, who am I to complain??? [-X

Bitbank, I personally wanna say cheers, and I look forward to any future software developed by your clever self (free or otherwise!!)

Anywho, im off to finish playing Streetfighter Alpha on my smartphone.....

Richie Rich :)

Guest PrettyUgly
Hey!!!!

Now I was also one of the many people who was blown away by this app, and I have to admit, I too am a little disappointed that Bitbank will not be completing this app for us anytime soon.  

But aren't you guys being a little harsh???  After all, Bitbank didn't have to release his beta here, and furthermore, the fact that he did, shows how commited he is to the progression of smartphone apps in general.

Me thinks some people have just got too greedy, and expect everything for free.  Granted, it would be nice to have this app working properly, but considering I didn't pay a red cent for it, who am I to complain???   [-X  

Bitbank, I personally wanna say cheers, and I look forward to any future software developed by your clever self (free or otherwise!!)

Richie Rich   :)

i just want to know how to register and pay for the damn thing

Guest agent.m
Hey!!!!

But aren't you guys being a little harsh???  After all, Bitbank didn't have to release his beta here, and furthermore, the fact that he did, shows how commited he is to the progression of smartphone apps in general.

Me thinks some people have just got too greedy, and expect everything for free.  Granted, it would be nice to have this app working properly, but considering I didn't pay a red cent for it, who am I to complain???   [-X  

Richie Rich   :P

I second that :)

Guest The PocketTV Team
Oh and an option to change the sound volume would be nice too. Because the earpiece volume buttons dont seem to work while playing a game. Also could you make this volume control earpiece independent. (sorry dunno how to say in correct english :) ). I mean like pocketTV does. The program got a volume control of itself. The earpiece volume doesnt get changed when you change the volume of the program.

Actually what PocketTV does is that it restores the Volume like it was when it was activated.

So it feels like PocketTV has its own Volume, but in fact it is just an illusion!

I personally think that all applications should do that, because applications should never change the earpiece volume used for phone conversations. This earpiece volume should only be changed by using the standard Volume control when in the Home screen or in a phone call.

Guest djfuego

Wow this is a bit like the emulator version of Betaplayer. Speed is amazing. And I can get sound to work on some games without any 'tearing' On my E100!! :shock: . Planning on a C64 EMU? Pretty please. :)

Guest mugenakuma

I cant believe this emu is finished :)

I would be happy to pay just to register the unfinished version.

Hey bitbank is there anyway you could at least work that out? I am sure many people here would be happy with that.

Guest djfuego

Keep up the good work Bitbank. Money is the name of the game and I'll be waiting with an open wallet when you do release this one. Software this good deserves to be paid for.

Who else has coded an emulator with this level of sound and speed?

No one.

All it needs now is GameBoy Colour support

All these people that are moaning about Devs money grabbing don't understand what your time is worth?

Anyone that's interested in taking up the EMU challenge

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest bitbank

This project is not dead; it's just gone into hiding. I'm not sure what I'll be able to do with it, but I'm still working on it. I've made some tremendous speed gains in all of my emulators by writing them in ARM assembly language. I've also added preliminary support for PC-Engine/TG16 and SNES. So far, here's the status of the emulators

MasterSystem/GG - Nearly perfect (maybe 3 out of 1000 games don't work)

GameBoy/GameBoy Color - Nearly perfect (maybe 10 out of 1000 games don't work)

NES - Very good (probably 80+% of the games work well - missing some mappers)

Genesis - Nearly perfect (maybe 10 out of 1200 games don't work)

SNES - not ready for prime time

PC-Engine/TG16 - most games run well, needs some improvement to sound

My PCE/TG16 code is still 100% C and it's 3X faster than the PPC version of HuGo. Once I write it in ARM asm it should run at full speed on even 100Mhz devices.

The NES code is unbelievably fast. It could probably run full speed on a 66Mhz SmartPhone/PPC.

I've been more actively working on this lately, so I'll try to pop in the forums once in a while and let you know the status. When I have something reasonably functional I'll put up a test image here for you guys to try. I'll have to stick to 30-day timeouts until I can decide what to do with it.

L.B.

Given the fact that wm5 devices can play smartphone applications, you should look into making the controls user selectable and running all the options off the two soft buttons and joystick as much as possible. Don't forget QVGA res too ;)

Guest bitbank
Given the fact that wm5 devices can play smartphone applications, you should look into making the controls user selectable and running all the options off the two soft buttons and joystick as much as possible. Don't forget QVGA res too ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've already got it working on QVGA (I've got an Orange SPV C550). I'm also trying to make sure the EXE runs on both PPC and SmartPhone.

I upgraded my X50v to WM5, so that will help in testing compatibility. Next month I'm hopefully getting the T-Mobile SDA, so I'll have a WM5 smartphone to test as well.

L.B.

Guest lilkraz3nik

Sounds GREAT!!! Cant wait. I was wondering though do all or will all your emulators support sound? And are all these written from scratch or ports? Thanx

Guest bitbank

This code has nothing to do with Morphgear or any other emulator; It's all my own. For the past 6 years I've earned 100% of my income from emulation projects. SmartGear is just a pet project of mine to get my favorite games working on the SmartPhone/PPC. There are 2 factors which are affecting its release: I work with or potentially may work with the game companies which own these consoles and it's hard to justify time spent on this project when I have so many others keeping me busy.

I take pride in writing code that performs well and will write assembly language as needed to achieve that goal. So far I've got the cpu of the NES and Genesis in ARM asm. I should have the TG16 and SNES in the near future. Time is short these days, so I can't promise when I'll have a new release, but as soon as I have something working reasonably, I'll let you guys play with it.

L.B.

well it's called smartgear and you have the exact same Pause message ? You must have use somthing from the morphgear project ?

cant u just fast adjust the original smartgear to qvga ? i need first to play again to GG and compare GBC to gnuboy.

Or... smartgear is not yours ?

Guest bitbank

ninjaw,

I used nothing from the morphgear project; I chose the smartgear name because it would remind people of morphgear so that they would associate my project with game emulation.

I gave Aaron the pause screen artwork (it was a quick and dirty image I drew almost 10 years ago for my HIVE emulator).

L.B.