Sega GG + Nintendo GameBoy emulator for SP beta test

Guest bitbank

Guest bitbank

I think I need to clarify again that I don't use/port other people's code. SmartGear is 100% my code and will always be that way. Perhaps I should change the name to avoid confusion with MorphGear since I am no longer intending to partner with that product. Does anyone have suggestions for a new name?

The latest developments:

1) I've rewritten the sound code for all of the emulators to be much cleaner and not have any annoying clicking when the speed drops too low.

2) I'm in the process of fixing all of the auto load/save features for all emulators.

3) PC-Engine/TG16 gots lots of fixes and now saves/loads the backup RAM.

4) GB/GBC now saves and loads the backup RAM.

5) NES now saves and loads the backup RAM.

6) I still need to implement the screen rotation (0,90,180,270)

L.B.

peoples. help me plz. where i can download old version of emu?

i have version 0.05

anybody have newer ver?

ps. i have problem with pokemon (crystal, yellow). white screen -- and nothin' play. if cheched "sound" - i hear it, but see - nothing.

gta1, gta2 work very good. good fps - smooth play ))

gnuboy suxx )) want fresh Smartgear.

Guest eelco_akker
peoples. help me plz. where i can download old version of emu?

i have version 0.05

anybody have newer ver?

ps. i have problem with pokemon (crystal, yellow). white screen -- and nothin' play. if cheched "sound" - i hear it, but see - nothing.

gta1, gta2 work very good. good fps - smooth play ))

gnuboy suxx )) want fresh Smartgear.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can download it @ Page 11

Guest eelco_akker

Does anybody know where I can register the program, can't find it on handango or bitbanksoftware

This program really rocks ;)

Eelco

Guest Sly123

hi,

i found an annoying bug(or is it no bug?? ).

if i want to start a gameboy rom which is bigger then 1mb (2mb/4mb) from my storage card the mobile phone crashes. i dont think its a very big problem cause i play doom with my storage card and the file is 17mb or something like that.

i hope you fix it cause my normal storage is gettin very small if i would play my favourite games ;).

hi,

i found an annoying bug(or is it no bug?? ).

if i want to start a gameboy rom which is bigger then 1mb (2mb/4mb) from my storage card the mobile phone crashes. i dont think its a very big problem cause i play doom with my storage card and the file is 17mb or something like that.

i hope you fix it cause my normal storage is gettin very small if i would play my favourite games ;).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that mean - pokemon don't work becouse it on my SD card?

ps. give me link to SmartGear plz...

Edited by qqq

Guest Sly123
that mean - pokemon don't work becouse it on my SD card?

ps. give me link to SmartGear plz...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no. pokemon is another problem but its solved (not released yet)

but the sd-card problem is on my mpx220. it doesnt accept files larger than 1mb, if its loaded from the sd card.

Edited by Sly123

Guest bitbank

sly123,

Thanks for altering me to the problem with large files. I am not able to reproduce the problem with the latest code. Can you you name a game which has this problem? Did you check available RAM on your phone before running SmartGear?

Thanks,

L.B.

Guest Sly123
sly123,

Thanks for altering me to the problem with large files.  I am not able to reproduce the problem with the latest code.  Can you you name a game which has this problem?  Did you check available RAM on your phone before running SmartGear?

Thanks,

L.B.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i meant that the smartphone crashes. so i had to start on and on ^^... so the ram is almost empty.

its really only if the file is bigger than 1mb and is saved on storage card. maybe its just mpx220 related.

but its not that bad, because you can move the favorite game to the phone's memory and not needed roms back to storage ;) .

Guest bitbank

Sly123,

I would really like to understand this problem better because if you see it on the MPX220, then it should happen on others.

Please describe in detail the steps needed to reproduce this problem (from powering up the phone to seeing the problem). Please describe in detail what you mean by the phone crashing.

Thanks,

L.B.

Guest Sly123
Sly123,

I would really like to understand this problem better because if you see it on the MPX220, then it should happen on others.

Please describe in detail the steps needed to reproduce this problem (from powering up the phone to seeing the problem).  Please describe in detail what you mean by the phone crashing.

Thanks,

L.B.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok i will try to discribe step by step:

1. I power up the phone like always.

2. directly open smartgear 0.10

3. disable sound/auto save (more stability i think)

4. open a 4 Mb game( Dragon Warrior III) from mobile phone intern. memory (run without probs) and close it.

5. open the same game from storage card, causes crash. no button function ->except power button, so i can turn off and on again.

Now:

1. i open smartgear again

2. i open a 2Mb game from internal memory. no problems. i quit rom

3. open a 1Mb rom from storage card. no probs. i quit

4. i open another 1Mb rom from storage car. again everything perfect. i quit the rom

5. then i open the 2Mb game from >>2.;)

Edited by Sly123

Guest roy_nor

Hello!

I just wanted to beg you to make a link that works! Cause I can't seem to download smartgear from the link in your first post threadstarter.

I can't get gnuboy to work on my MPX220 so I was hoping this might be the rescue!? =)

Hello!

I just wanted to beg you to make a link that works! Cause I can't seem to download smartgear from the link in your first post threadstarter.

I can't get gnuboy to work on my MPX220 so I was hoping this might be the rescue!? =)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its on page 11.

Guest roy_nor

This is one hell'owa emulator!

Even though it crashes before it can open some NES rom's, it runs GBC roms perfectly! Almost to good actually, I get the feeling that this emu has no speed regulator. Since when I play Megaman X (GBC) the sound sounds like its about 10% faster that what it should be. I'm kinda missing some options to control the bitrate & frequence of sound. Just a q: what does the "throttle framerate" option do? Is it for games that run with a slow framerate? Does it cut out some frames or..?

Keep up the good work, this is an app. I actually wanna pay for ;)

Just one question: If I pay for it now, do I have to pay again if there is a new updated release?

Edited by roy_nor

Guest Sly123
I'm kinda missing some options to control the bitrate & frequence of sound. Just a q: what does the "throttle framerate" option do? Is it for games that run with a slow framerate? Does it cut out some frames or..?

Keep up the good work, this is an app. I actually wanna pay for ;)

Just one question: If I pay for it now, do I have to pay again if there is a new updated release?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think that there is no bitrate/frequence option because bitbank is using most useful settings which would be 44Khz/16bit.

For the frame rate bitbank uses no frameskip which is really good ;), and "throttle framerate" limits the frame rate to 60Hz, because some games would run too fast.

As for now i think that there are even no codes to unlock( if they are, SELL them :) ! )

But when a sellable version is out codes will probably work for updates too, like in other games/software(with some exceptions).

but bitbank will know the truth :(

Guest Coolbox

I am so happy to see activity in this thread again. I had lost any hope about Smartgear.

As I said last time....I really look forward to get the full version.

Guest bitbank

New build is up!

www.bitbanksoftware.com/downloads/smartgear.zip

The file is a lot larger now because I added support for Genesis. The Genesis sound needs lots of optimization, so if you disable it, it runs pretty well (a little better than Picodrive I think).

Here's basically what's new:

1) Games now run in fullscreen mode. On PPC, single tap = pause, double-tap = exit

2) GB,NES,PCE,GG/SMS should be saving and loading games now

3) GB and PCE can now rotate display in 90 degree increments

4) Preliminary Genesis support

5) NES, GBC and PCE now save/load cartridge RAM in a separate file

6) Lots of bug fixes to PCE - it runs nearly all games correctly (and they sound good ;) )

7) Some bug fixes to GBC - Pokemon series now runs

8) Some bug fixes to NES - a few more games run correctly

9) Changed sound engine - there should be less clicking when the game runs too slow

Still lots of work to do. I don't know when I will be able to sell it, but for now I will give out registered copies to people who find unique bugs for me that I can reproduce.

Please don't pester me; just send bug reports to [email protected] and I'll choose who receives a registered copy for their efforts.

Enjoy,

L.B.

Guest ninjaw
New build is up!

Still lots of work to do.  I don't know when I will be able to sell it, but for now I will give out registered copies to people who find unique bugs for me that I can reproduce. 

Please don't pester me; just send bug reports to [email protected] and I'll choose who receives a registered copy for their efforts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my god ! lol i want a free copy ;) gonna test

Guest ninjaw

ok

-Bomberman 2 NES => No change, still cannot move

-Garfield NES => Bad gfx

-Kirby's adventure NES => No change, really bad gfx

All other I tried are working looking really great in fullscreen

Now SMD(genesis): works really great but the sound doesnt work it slows the thing really bad for nothing (no sound).

Sonic 3 really looks better than other one.

Wonderboy6 seems better too BUT i can't use it => missing 3rd button to jump ! so bad i wanted to test if the game crashes while dying like the other emu.

Ok now i found bugs easy to do:

-Old Gamesaves can crash the emu bad ! GG games are producing black screen and NES games Grey screens

Grey screen => do nothing can go back to menu

Black screen => crash everything and refuse to do nothing but pause, only way to get out is to press Photo first and then home !? and then task manager to kill

Exemples are Bomberman2 NES and Chuckrock2 GG.

-Micromachines 2 TT genesis refuse to launch without sound, useless lol

Also it seems that Start key Genesis is mapped on Select Key SMS, and it's missing the vital 3rd main button on genesis. Lots of genesis games are too cropped on screen: Sonic3 dont print some load infos, Wonderboy3 is unplayable the character is often out of screen.

You should mention to erase the old SAVEG_GAMES drawer ? because at first i tought this was a really bad release that cant launch GG anymore ... ;)

Tested on SPVC600 boosted from 180Mhz to 252Mhz

Edited by ninjaw