Unlocking C500

Guest duncan888

Guest vodaman
Yes powered up the phone holding camera button to get the red/blue/green screen.

Terminated activesync

Ran SPVUNLOCK2.EXE throws up a error " Verify the phone is in bootloader mode"

And thats it.

Can anyone help

Is this the procedure to unlock a C500??? Can you explain more how does it work. I will need it for unlocking mine! Please!!

Guest peekie

iam trying something else as i bought a c500 without a contract so the full price should be interesting if i get the unlock code :wink: :wink: UPDATE well it is now a simfree c500 i got the code within 2 minutes on the line to orange nl good luck guys :) :P :D :D

Guest plantagoo

Hi!

I rang up Orange NL today to ask if it's really possible to get the phone unlocked if bought without a contract (so paid full price of 429 EUR)?

The customer service told me that it is *not* possible - they don't have the codes. In fact they told me to look after some internet-pages where they unlock phones... :shock:

*confused*

Greetings

plant

Hi!

I rang up Orange NL today to ask if it's really possible to get the phone unlocked if bought without a contract (so paid full price of 429 EUR)?

The customer service told me that it is *not* possible - they don't have the codes. In fact they told me to look after some internet-pages where they unlock phones...  :shock: 

*confused*

Greetings

plant

i get the same answer.

Guest Erhnam

Same answer here.. I called customer services and they told me that it is possible to get an unlock code for 100 euro's. I sold my spv e200 and went to the shop and the shop manager told me that it is not possible to get an unlock key (shop in Haarlem)... Really strange!!! And now i don't have a phone!!!

Guest Newchurch

I ´ve got the same answer in Maastricht, they told me that it is not allowed to sell the C500 without any contract ?!?!

@peekie:

please tell us how you´ve done this ???

Greetings,

Peter

*confused like plant*

Guest peekie

i got my code from calling orange nl.

i told them i had purchased the phone for full price 435 euros to replace my old spv ( i have a contract on another phone ) and told him that i needed to use my orange uk card in the phone . he disappeared from the line for a minute to check if he could give the code

he took my telephone number and the imei number and directly gave me the 8 number code .i would if you live in holland phone again and for the i don't believe it group look at the picture it has o2- nl on my screen the simcard is an old o2nl simcard, try again .i bought the phone from the zoetermeer shop plus the shop in rdam will also sell it loose as well :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest Erhnam
i got my code from calling orange nl.

i told them i had purchased the phone for full price 435 euros to replace my old spv ( i have a contract on another phone ) and told him that i needed to use my orange uk card in the phone . he disappeared from the line for a minute to check if he could give the code

he took my telephone number and the imei number and directly gave me the 8 number code .i would if you live in holland phone again and for the i don't believe it group look at the picture it has o2- nl on my screen the simcard is an old o2nl simcard, try again .i bought the phone from the zoetermeer shop plus the shop in rdam will also sell it loose as well :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

Okee thanks for your post but a few misunderstandings for me.

What do you mean with: "i have a contract on another phone"? That you have a contract with another telephone company in Holland (o2-nl)?

"needed to use my orange uk card" Do you mean with that, that it is not possible to use a SIM from the UK in a locked c500 phone?

And "he took my telephone number and the imei number" Which number did you give? The phone number from the other company (O2-NL)? Because I don't have a contract with Orange right now and I prefer not to have! So do you think it will work by giving the phonenumber from Vodafone?

Guest peekie

i have a orange nl contract on the e200 but i wanted a c500 .the o2 nl is to show that its simlock free . i bought the phone and being a customer i got the code for free. if you are not a customer then it will cost you .the c500 will work on any uk network if the phone is network free ( simlockfree ) i gave only my telephone number (orange nl ) to prove i was a customer with orange and then he asked for the imei number , and then he gave me the code to unlock it,the o2 was only used to show it was done :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest peekie

simply put another non orange simcard in your phone and switch it on you will be greeted by a small box in the middle of the screen , type in the network code and then enter and within a few moments you will see first networkdenied followed by the network that the sim is from........ :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest Robbied

I have had my C500 for a few weeks now and I have just been issued with a company mobile phone as well. The company phone is an old Nokia of some description, on Vodafone and about the size of a breeze block :oops:

I don't like carrying both phones around all the time so I've been looking into buying a dual sim adapter that I know is available for other phones, does anyone know if they are available for the C500 :?:

Of course I won't be able to use it until it is unlocked to all networks but I have a feeling it won't be too much longer.

And any new updates? I recieved this from: imei-check.co.uk

Not a time scale yet, but i hope soon.

> Do you have any idea when you're finished with the patch/crack?

>  

> Thanks!

> Not yet, but we working on it.

>  

> Best regards,

> The Imei-Check Team

Heya,

I used your SPV E200 unlock and it worked great! My next phone will  

be the SPV C500. Can you unlock this phone as well? Please let me know!!

Guest Theguru

Hi guys, so can anyone actually sim-unlock this phone, have done numerous searches and come up with nothing!

Please help if you know how, don't wish to be stuck on orange.

Thanx :cry:

if it helps, this is the reply I received yesterday (02/09/04)

We working on it just now ans as soon is ready will be on our web site

Best regards,

The Imei-Check Team

i have to say that i think it's a bag o crap that people are still charging £20 to unlock a phone, especially when you consider that software such as voice commander costs $14.95...

i'll never pay to unlock a phone!

Guest plantagoo

Hi!

If you keep posting the same information ever and ever again or tell us that you won't pay for an unlock code no one will be able to find the real news in this thread...

Of course you'll notify if there are any news on the topic. :) :P

Be assured that florin_m will inform us.

Greetings

plant