Unlocking C500

Guest duncan888

ddmf: Stop complaining. Florin_m lost quite a few phones while making the simunlock for the E200. If you'd done the same i'm quite sure you would want the money from unlocking to cover the cost of doing it. :)

ddmf: Stop complaining. Florin_m lost quite a few phones while making the simunlock for the E200. If you'd done the same i'm quite sure you would want the money from unlocking to cover the cost of doing it.  :)

i'm not complaining - just stating my view on phone unlocking... i can see why he'd want to claim back some money though...

Guest Richie M
spv c500 unlocked now available on www.fonez.de

world wide delivery - payment per www.paypal.com is accepted.

Er they are only offering the phone unlocked, not an unlock solution.

Anyway, i'd much prefer to get mine unlocked from the fantastic florin_m (www.imei-check.co.uk). £20 is a bargain, considering to get it unlocked from Orange you have to pay your contract off (unless you are in NL)!

Guest khyllion
its not advertised on their web site how did you get it done?

The first week , the unlock is only for Modaco Plus members ... after (this thursday) the unlock become pulic for all.

I have a question, the unlock is free form Modaco Plus members ???

nope the price will be the same as normal members only plus members got the first go, if it was free then there would be a lot of new plus members i think , but there are many more bonuses with plus join and see :wink: :wink: :wink:

I'm seriously thinking of getting the phone unlocked using imei check. As As all previous phones were originally unlocked I got a few questions beforehand

1/ Is the unlock permanent? i.e. once done can't be undone

2/ Would it render any functions unoperable

3/ If I ever needed to send it back to Orange for repair, would they do it?

Thanks

Guest Newchurch

Hello,

1/ Is the unlock permanent? i.e. once done can't be undone
Yes, the unlock is permanent.

2/ Would it render any functions unoperable

As far as I kno: no

3/ If I ever needed to send it back to Orange for repair, would they do it?

Good question, but why not ? A hardware problem has nothing to do with a simlock.

be sure that your phone is as you want it , eg working well , no dust or any problems as when you remove the simlock you do loose one thing ,if you send it back as the replacement phone will be simlocked again and you will have to pay again for the lock to be removed , as florin can only do an imei number which stops people from unlocking their friends phone for free :wink: :wink: :wink:

Guest adamkimber
all OCS staff have discretion to grant free phone upgrades in month 11 of a twelve month contract. If you politely threaten to cancel then you are put through to cancellations who have discretion to do a deal and I'm aware of people in month 10 getting a free upgrade.  

That's how I got my C500 - Phoned up Orange a couple of days into Month 11 and they wanted to charge me an upgrade fee and wouldn't let me change onto the new 'Your Plan' deals.

I asked them to take cancellation notice on my account and I would start another contract to get a free phone and the better talk plan. Got put through to someone else who 'did the deal' and gave me the freee phone and better contract deal at month 11! :)

Well Done Orange!

• 2 weeks later...

I've SIM unlocked my C500 and booted OK on my Vodafone SIM card but I can't phone any Orange mobile numbers, it's as though the phone thinks it's dialing a none existant number. I've hard reset the phone and the problem remains. I have used the Voda SIM in an unlocked Siemens A55 and it works fine on all numbers. This must be a C500 bug or something Orange have done to hinder SIM unlocking. Anyone else had the same problem and does anybody know how to resolve it. I've tried the original Orange SIM and all numbers dial OK. 20 quid is fine if the phone works OK after unlocking it :cry:

Guest florin_m

So:

1. If you are in UK and with the vodafone sim card in, you CAN'T DIAL ANY numbers while is in C500, try to call it from other mobile and see if rings, if not, mean phone is BARRED (stolen phone or insurance fraud : ADVICE - Contact your seller AND/OR POLICE!!!).

2. If you can DIAL ANY no, part of ORANGE network no, than that is a REALLY strange one as we never seen such a problem before. ADVICE : please email me the phone no you try to dial so i can try to see WHY is this.

Best regards,

The Imei-Check Team

So:

1. If you are in UK and with the vodafone sim card in, you CAN'T DIAL ANY numbers while is in C500, try to call it from other mobile and see if rings, if not, mean phone is BARRED (stolen phone or insurance fraud : ADVICE - Contact your seller AND/OR POLICE!!!).

2. If you can DIAL ANY no, part of ORANGE network no, than that is a REALLY strange one as we never seen such a problem before. ADVICE : please email me the phone no you try to dial so i can try to see WHY is this.

Best regards,

The Imei-Check Team

Yes it only applies to Orange numbers, both my wife and daughter are on Orange and I can't phone iether of them and they can't phone me which is a pain to say the least. I can phone any other number on any other network no problem. When I phone an Orange number I just get three beeps as though the number isn't recognised. When I put the original Orange SIM back into the phone all is OK again. The Vodafone number has been mine for over 18 months now, when I put the Voda SIM in an unlocked Siemens A55 it works fine no problem, which points towards it being a C500 issue with the Voda SIM.

Guest shadamehr

Yes it only applies to Orange numbers, both my wife and daughter are on Orange and I can't phone iether of them and they can't phone me which is a pain to say the least. I can phone any other number on any other network no problem. When I phone an Orange number I just get three beeps as though the number isn't recognised. When I put the original Orange SIM back into the phone all is OK again. The Vodafone number has been mine for over 18 months now, when I put the Voda SIM in an unlocked Siemens A55 it works fine no problem, which points towards it being a C500 issue with the Voda SIM.

I'm probably stating the obvious, but you HAVE made sure you have a signal etc on the phone?

If you haven't, you might want to try going into Settings > Phone > Network, and manually setting the network to vodafone, and see if that works.

Speaking as an O2 user, my C500 was unlocked by Florin, and I set it up for all the O2 settings, and I can ring, sms, mms, internet and email fine - in and out.

So as far as O2 is concerned, it works fine, so I see no reason why Vodafone shouldn't work.

Just remember, for MMS, Internet, etc Vodafone, you have a whole host of settings to configure first, once you get your actual call problem sorted out.

I'm probably stating the obvious, but you HAVE made sure you have a signal etc on the phone?

If you haven't, you might want to try going into Settings > Phone > Network, and manually setting the network to vodafone, and see if that works.

Speaking as an O2 user, my C500 was unlocked by Florin, and I set it up for all the O2 settings, and I can ring, sms, mms, internet and email fine - in and out.

So as far as O2 is concerned, it works fine, so I see no reason why Vodafone shouldn't work.

Just remember, for MMS, Internet, etc Vodafone, you have a whole host of settings to configure first, once you get your actual call problem sorted out.

Cheers shadamehr appreciate your help, setting manually sorted the problem, it's strange that in auto Vodafone was selected but I had the problem which cleared when I set Voda manualy. I wonder why, very strange :?