Gant

Guest crafty

[7]Gant.gif

File Name :: Gant

Author :: crafty

Category :: Other

Description ::

Features

CAB format - unzip the attached Gant.zip, extract Gant.cab, install and then restart.

Simple layout (largely based on iCandy using the orange plugin but with fancy icons etc:

Top Icon Dependant plugins:

-Carrier, date, profile

-SMS & e-mail count, check mail (statscats shortcut), new SMS (spoofed delivery reports)

-Web links

-Create new appointment, alarm

-Games links

-BlueTooth toggler (requires MrMagoos BT Toggler), connect ActiveSync via BT

-Change homescreen, add/remove programs, program links

-Media player control (requires Orangewinger's media player plvgin, release 3), shuffle on/off and ringtone

Stationary plugins:

-Calander appointments

-Tasks plugin (requires at least version 1.41 of Oxio's tasks plvgin)

-Time

-MRU

-In addition there's also hiding plugins for missed calls, messages and all-day-events.

Extra Screens skinned:

-Startup

-Media Player

-Information

-Error

-Call

-Call Log

-Question

-Volume

-Dial

-Contacts

-Programs

-ActiveSync

-Shutdown

Comments:

Phone must be fully unlocked (>>OTA

Extensive use of the Orange plugin so E200 and C500 only.

There's lots of links to apps and games included. I've tried to make these the default names/locations as far as possible but you may need to edit the xml if links aren't working. Give me a shout if you require any help.

There's also an animated IA Caller ID pit template that works well with the incoming call image of this theme.

The CAB also installs a link in the start menu to a number of CABs that change the homescreen backdrops. For this to work properly, the cabs they link to need to be read-only, unfortunately i can't seem to make them set to this automatically (anyone got any ideas how to do this - the source CABs are read only when i make Gant cab?!?) so after installing, browse to StorageApplication DataHomeGantWallpapers CABs (with Smart Explorer or equivilent) and set the properties for each of the CABs in this directory to read only.

Also in the icon resource are a number of 16x16 icons for start menu folders. To use these, see the included key, choose the icon you want, open the file icon.txt and change xxx to the number for the icon you want. Copy this file to the folder on the phone you want the icon for and change the name to icon.lnk.

I've also put a load of alternate extra screens that i made in the zip, some of these have different images or different sized things to the ones the cab installs. Just rename and overwrite the default ones in the Gant dir.

Full credit for the icons must go to Mattahan - see the included readme file.

Updated Mon, Jan 10 2005 9:48 am

View File

Really good, was having a go at making a homscreen and it looked no where near as slick as this.

Shame the homescreen doesn't quote work in my orange mpx200 (wm2003)

gant.jpg

Keep up the good work :)

Guest crafty

@Furby™, Glad you like it - unfortunately this will only work on an Orange E200 or C500 because of the Orange only plugins that this theme uses. Thanks for the rating to!

Guest m4rcus

Help, I have a very nice C500. I saw this skin and wanted it on my phone straight away... So I dled it, unzipped it, copied across to the phone. Ran the Cab and at first it asked me to agree Y or N about it being trusted, so I said yes. then it came up with the message below... Ideas anyone?

Installation failed. The

Program or setting cannot

be installed because it is

not digitally signed with a

trusted certificate.

Cheers

Guest muzzio_giovanni

hi crafty i'm italian and i've got a motorola mpx200,here we haven't orange like mobile operator so in this way i can't use your wonderful homescreen,i would like ask to you if is possible that you modify your homescreen so I,and many other ( i think) can use it.Do you thinks that is possible?

thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest scottyucl

hello,

wicked theme any chance you could post up a pic of all the Gant Wallpapers. Havent had a chance to look at them all and this way would be easier.

Cheers

Scott

scottyucl: see attached gif of the different wallpapers. There's also a plain one which you can use as a template to make your own. Let me know if you need any help doing this.

sjalloq: The plugin is made by oxios, therefore only links to Oxios ToDo list although it will display tasks even if ToDo List isn't installed. I've never really used power tasks - is there a homescreen plugin to go with that? If so it would be pretty easy to swap this for it's plugin.

Wallpapers.gif

Guest monkeygadge

Havin problems changing the homescreen backdrops crafty. E200 latest software update, loaded skin, changed cabs to read-only as directed, ran change from new optoin on start menu, came up as installed, but no change to backdrop? I haven't installed any extra plugins. Have I missed something?

Guest crafty

monkeygadge - yeah the cabs are supposed to force the home screen to reload - therefore changing all the background images but sometimes they dont seem to work properly! After cunning one of the backdrop cabs, if it doesn't change the wallpaper etc then just go into settings>homescreen and change to another homescreen, press done and then go back into homescreen and change back to GANT. This will force the homescreen to refresh and should register the new backdrops.

:)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.