• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lockup with Screen saver and keypad lock

9 posts in this topic

Posted

When my (two days old) SPV has the screen saver set to "turn off" and the keypad lock set with the red disconnect button, it seems to become totally locked about 25% of the time, ie it won't respond to any buttons and needs a battery removal.

Have had at on "silent" profile when this has happened. Has anyone else had anything similar?

Other than that - love it! Battery life OK so far too.... :D

Posted

yep - afraid so. amongst literally dozens og bugs my phone has, that is probably the worst. To make it worse, while the SPV is in the 'locked up' state it won't even respond to incoming calls. Callers hear the ring tone but your phone won't ring. this means that unless you have realised your SPV has locked up you will not receive calls.

Posted

I've noticed over the last few days it seems to do this more for me when the camera is attatched but the phone is locked. Anyone else noticed this? Maybe some sort of serial port polling issue?

Posted

Yes agreed, but my SPV 'locks up' in different conditions... Not consistent - A lot when on charge overnight it will be dead in the morning black scren and require batt removal. Batt removal being needed now most days!!

Symptom: Either blank screen. Pwr butt no use or Scren ok but handset frozen, batt removal needed.

Posted

since my previous post i have contacted Orange to complain about the 'buggy' nature of my SPV and particularly the screen locking problem, as it has rendered my SPV almost unusable. For once, i spoke to a very helpful chap who checked my mobile number and said that i had not received all the latest SIM and phone updates and therefore i would be experiencing a multitude of software related problems. He sent me the latest SIM updates, etc, via SMS and since then my phone has been much better. Still getting some bugs, but can live with them now as at least i can use the phone. My advice: everybody ring Orange and make sure you have the latest updates - just be sure you speak with someone who knows what they are doing, i've spoken to a number of different 'helpers' ranging from excellent to very poor indeed.....

Posted

MY PHONE LOCKED WHEN THE SCREEN SAVER COMES ON I PHONED ORANGE AND THEY SENT ME A NEW PHONE

NO PROBLEM NOW :D

Posted

Hi all,

I had the same screen locking problem a few days ago, then to make matters worse it started to switch it's self off.

Orange have sent me a new handset, which is nice but I've lost all of the apps that I've downloaded!!! :evil:

Anyone know how to backup this phone up, other than the over the air sync?

Andy

Posted

When my (two days old) SPV has the screen saver set to "turn off" and the keypad lock set with the red disconnect button, it seems to become totally locked about 25% of the time, ie it won't respond to any buttons and needs a battery removal.

Have had at on "silent" profile when this has happened. Has anyone else had anything similar?

Other than that - love it! Battery life OK so far too.... :)

Posted

Do you have a problem?

Very old post you have dug up here.