c500 video problem??

Guest aphex2k

i have a 256 mem card and video is set to be stored on the storage card. i have an album on the card, a few photos and a few little vid clips

when i select video mode, it tells me there is 124.45 mins left of time, but when i go to record it says

"Video Recording Aborted. Not enough memory"

why is it doing this? is the phone faulty???

It could be that the available phone memory (NOT storage) is not great enough to deal with recording video. Go into the Task Manager application and kill all active processes. Go into camera and then try taking the video. Should work now.

• 5 months later...
Guest pierre
i have a 256 mem card and video is set to be stored on the storage card. i have an album on the card, a few photos and a few little vid clips

when i select video mode, it tells me there is 124.45 mins left of time, but when i go to record it says

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same problem here, even while using Task Manager... Anyone can help?

• 1 month later...
Guest Gumbygaz

Doesn't work for me either, tried all the suggestions above and still no joy! Works fine if I swap the settings to record to the phone's memory then it'll record fine. Just not on to the miniSD card?

Guest A.Hughes

i was having the same problems, played around and experimented a bit, the end result...

switched to internal memory, and as long as i didnt go over the time available for record, had no problems, i then moved the file to sd card, no problems.

Tried the same with less program memory and got the same result, what i did find out was that if you use the option for storage card it crashed after 2 seconds, the reason, programme memory was being used up trying to use sd card as the program memory.

Good luck everyone!!!!

Guest liam walsh

Ive shot all my movies to my mini SD card, i Get the memory message sumtyms but i just kill all apps thru task manager then go back to video recorder and its fine!

• 1 month later...

I have had the same problem with a 512MB KingMax mini SD card, so I tried the 16MB Sandisk card that came with the phone and that works a treat. I am assuming that the KingMax card just can't cope with the transfer rate and am going to exchange it for a Sandisk one - crossed fingers it will work ok :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JonB
I have had the same problem with a 512MB KingMax mini SD card, so I tried the 16MB Sandisk card that came with the phone and that works a treat. I am assuming that the KingMax card just can't cope with the transfer rate and am going to exchange it for a Sandisk one - crossed fingers it will work ok :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just got my 512MB Sandisk from Ebuyer and it works just fine capturing video.

Jon

Guest lucius

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not a problem from your miniSD card.

It's a problem becuz your phone temp memory is not enough for the mp4 vedio using!!

try to open the files manager explorer and set the temp file temping files via miniSD card.

then the problem will be solve.

PS:sorry my english is bad cuz i'm a Chinese, if you still can't fix the problem please pm me.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its a known bug in Typhoon (also in Feeler):

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=565938