New Plugin: SmartMonitor 0.9.6.0 [Updated 15/11/2004]

Guest drfonz

Updated to 0.9.6.0

Newly re-written engine to get things moving a lot faster and with less memory/battery usage.

New element to display the current registered phone operator. So you can reduce screen usage by ditching the Operator plugin :D

This might be the last version for a little while, so get downloading!

Downloads on this post...

------------------------------------

Updated to 0.9.5.1

New "transparent-color" attribute for the tags.

New element to display one of 5 possible states of the battery with fully customisable icons: High, Low, Critical, Charging and No Battery.

Happy Bonfire Night everybody!

Updated to 0.9.5.0

Memory leak problems resolved (as far as I could test).

Fixed issues with using "normal" as "font-weight" this now works (again) .

New "decimal" attribute to print tags as either a decimal or a whole number.

New element to display your phone's signal strength as a percentage.

New "signal-strength" type for to match the above.

Many other minor additions and fixes.

Updated to 0.9.2.4

Added a new "selectable" attribute to the that allows the caller to modify the default behaviour so that the plugin can become non-selectable if required by your Homescreen. Downloads at the usual place.

Updated to 0.9.2.3

Added a new "scale" attribute for temperature related elements so that the issue with certain phone models can be resolved. Not the most elegant solution, but it does the trick. Download it now! ^_^

Updated to 0.9.2.2

This new version attempts to resolve issues with temperature conversion. The jury is out as to whether it's a phone-dependent issue or a generic one. Please read the appropriate post in this thread and help us fix it. Thanks!

Updated to 0.9.2.1

This new version fixes a few problems people have been having with temperature related elements and adds a few more features (see post in this thread).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated to 0.9.2.0

This new version includes a new element that allows you to show a graphical representation of a thermometer that is completely configurable as shown in the first screenshot below.

Here's my second attempt at the plug-in thing. My thanks to drblow for suggesting this one!

This time something a lot more useful than the Biorhythms plug-in. SmartMonitor is a system parameter monitor that allows you to display an almost unlimited number of system resources in textual and graphical modes.

You can display things like battery life, temperature, system RAM, storage space and more! And you can do it by using text, icons and even meter-bars that represent percentages. All these are fully skinnable, so the potential is unlimited.

You can download the plugin and related documentation from the SmartMonitor dowload site. More information will be available here and there as it comes...

Enjoy!

Dr Fonz

Skunkchild001.gif

Alfonso001.png

Thermometer.png

Edited by drfonz

Cheers crafty!

I have updated the version to 0.9.1.1 since I've added a new "refresh" attribute so that the plugin refreshes it's data automatically rather than only when the HomeScreen receives input...

Dr Fonz

You spoil me! :oops:

But hey, Modaco has given me a lot, so I thought I'd give some back :D And since I don't have £22 for the ModacoPlus thingy (just had a baby, so all my money is gone in nappies), I thought I'd pay in kind ^_^

Dr Fonz

Guest kurtfhouse

Congratulations!

Off topic but I am about to join you in exactly one month and a day on the baby front (at least if he is on time) :D

Yep my little man is almost ready to join us and it wont be long before he has his first MS Smartphone.........................well ok 3 or 4 years :wink:

Thanks again ^_^

Thanks! And congratulations to you too! It's a fantastic experience ^_^

And if it weren't for the missus, I'd have little Isabel photographed with my C500 quite a few times by now. Give it time though, and she'll be writing plugins with daddy :shock:

Perhaps I should write another plugin that keeps count of how many nappies, and bottles you go through in a day and then collect statistics for the month or something :D

Dr Fonz

Thanks J!

I'm glad you guys like it. It makes me think all those development hours weren't wasted after all ^_^

I'm already planning the next one... and I accept suggestions, although I've already had quite a few ones from the likes of drblow and midnight...

Dr Fonz

It would be great if I know how to make my own homescreens... I have read through the tutorials, looked at sample xml codes from here, and I still can't seem to figure it out... I would want this plugin to be in my homescreen... sigh...

Guest nickcornaglia

Well done DrFonz!!! I'm off to load it now! keep up the great work and keep em coming.

I'll get back to the plugin listings this week and will be sure to add your offerings! ^_^

NICE! :D

Thanks encece!

Great praise indeed coming from one of the masters! It'd be great if you could post my plugins on the plugins list, since that way hopefully people will find them when needed without any fuss.

Gosh I love Modaco! The next £22 I mange to save I know where I'm going to invest them in ^_^

Thanks!

Dr Fonz

Absolutely any length! As long as it fits on the screen, i.e. 176px maximum ^_^

The plugin automatically takes the length of the meterbar from the image width...

Dr Fonz

By the way, encece, is it OK if I add your Homescreen screenshot to the website, to show how things should be done? ^_^

As I'm sure you've realised, I'm a coder, not a designer, so my sample screens were a bit rubbish really. It's a good thing that some of the best designers aroud like yourself, Skunkchild, drblow and others have decided to do something with my plugins so they can be shown in a more flattering light than if I was the only one using them :oops:

Cheers!

Dr Fonz

Guest nickcornaglia

Sure you can add it. I appreciate your kind words, but I always considered myself a hack...basing almost everything I've done with homescreens on other's work. (But I'll take the compliment...I don't get that many!)^_^

The plugin has been updated to version 0.9.2.0 with a new fancy element that lets you add graphical representations of thermometers which are fully skinnable and configurable (units as well as min/max temperature).

See first post for screenshot and update.

Cheers!

Dr Fonz

Very nice Plugin Dr. Fonz, great work!

It's works very well on my C500...

Too make the graphical thermometer work on my C500 I used:

temperature-min="150"

temperature-max="400"

Otherwise it didn't match the {temp} value.

This is the first thermo-plugin that works for my C500, I think.

The temperature is always like 24 - 34 Celsius, can that be correct???

Untitled-2.jpg

Here's a little screen I have done to compliment this most excellent plugin!! Quite a simple use of the plugin really - coz there is just so much info that it will show. Maximum respect due to drfonz for his brilliant work! ^_^

For this screen you'll need RJshortcut plugin, & Oxios tasks (as usual!) ... and of course the tremendous monitor plugin!! :wink:

Greyscale.CAB

screenshot.jpg

Thanks guys for you kind words!

I'm getting quite a few requests for XML files and new features in email for, when I would prefer it to come from this thread. But I guess there are quite a few people out there who've come across SmartMonitor via other websites, so I'm referring them all to Modaco. So I'd appreciate it if you guys give them a hand if they ask for help, as I think Modaco is the place to be when it comes to SmartPhone. No disrespect to other sites which I also visit regularly!! ^_^

Someone has asked for the XML for my modification of kl1wdr's Orange screen, so here it is. It doesn't include the plugin, so you'll have to download that separately.

Enjoy!

Dr Fonz

Orange.zip

Alfonso001.png

To Myti,

sorry I missed your question before! The temperature of a Smartphone is normally a bit higher than that of the room. The reason for that is that the temperature sensor is inside the phone within the battery. You might also notice that the temperature goes up when you're charging, or simply because you keep the phone in your pocket.

And yes, a temperature somewhere between 20 and 40 should be normal... generally 24 to 34 is just about right actually ^_^

Also remember you can change the graphics for the thermometer, so you don't have to use my "not-so-professional" looking one :P

Still, it's quite a nifty thing to show your mates if you want to show what a Smartphone can do :D

Cheers!

Dr Fonz