New Plugin: SmartMonitor 0.9.6.0 [Updated 15/11/2004]

Guest drfonz

Guest KingDaddy

I've got the same problem with my MPx200 w/ WM2K3. The text display works fine but the meterbar is always at around %75. I should be able to live with it. I'll just make the text bigger.

So, are you saying that the text displays the correct signal strength but the meter bar doesn't? Or are you getting the same as mfioble and scott2eyes, where they always get 0% signal?

I'm just confused due to the discrepancy... :shock: I don't have an MPx200 so I can't really do much testing on that... ^_^

Dr Fonz

Guest Skunkchild

Many thanks Dr Fonz, excellent work again. If you have time for more requests then can you add the transparent-color attribute to the background element. This would just a give more flexibility with the graphics. In the example below I'd like to be able to remove the #FF00FF (pink).

ps I know I can get round it if it's a hassle for you tho', ie using a tranparent backgound and square meter bars with the blues parts remaining complete in both states, but it slows down the creation process a bit for me.

biomonitorsplash.jpg

masuimi.jpg

So, are you saying that the text displays the correct signal strength but the meter bar doesn't?

correct. Text is accurate. Bar is always 3/4 full regardless of signal strength.

This is on the MPx220 (with 2003 SE).

-Mc

@KingDaddy, Lasher & McHale

OK, I'll have a look at the code again, but I'm surprised that being SP2003 devices, we get such strange behaviour only on the MPx200/MPx220 and not the others...

@Skunkchid

Wow! Your screens are looking sweet. And as you should be able to tell by now, I'm quite partial to your suggestions, so I'll see what I can do ^_^

@scott

Beautiful looking screen! Glad to see everything is working for you (makes a change from most of the posts here :D)

More soon!

Dr Fonz

Another question with the guys with the MPx phones experiencing problems...

When you say the meter bar displays as 75% full, does this happen the first time, and if you select/unselect it corrects itself, or does it ALWAYS display as 75%?

Also, do the other meterbars display their respective correct percentages?

Cheers!

Dr Fonz

P.S. Depending on your answers, I'm affraid all I could do to fix this would be to get an MPx220 myself, and I just can't afford that! ^_^

Guest scott2eyes
P.S. Depending on your answers, I'm affraid all I could do to fix this would be to get an MPx220 myself, and I just can't afford that! ^_^

Well, come mid-December, when my 12 months with Orange runs out and I get myself an upgrade, I'll probably have a spare MPx200 knocking around!

Let me know if it would be any use to you!

Scott

Guest mfioble

Just to clarify the issue with my Mpx 200 is that it always reads 0%. I use text only, no graphics. The screens are pretty sweet, be nice if they could run on a Mpx 200.

Guest Jerry Raia
Another question with the guys with the MPx phones experiencing problems...

When you say the meter bar displays as 75% full, does this happen the first time, and if you select/unselect it corrects itself, or does it ALWAYS display as 75%?

Also, do the other meterbars display their respective correct percentages?

Cheers!

Dr Fonz

Mine just stays that way all the time.

I know, I know, yet another version, I hear you say! But hey, Skunkchild had a request, so I couln't say no, could I? So now you can use the "transparent-color" tag in the elements.

Also, I believe it was Powerful who requested a way of drawing an icon for the battery representing the two states, charging/not charging. Well, I went a bit further so now you can use the new element to show one of 5 different states with completely customisable icons: High Charge, Low Charge, Critical Charge, Charging and No Battery.

Enjoy!

Dr Fonz

@McHale

I'm still looking into the code, but so far there's nothing to suggest foul play on my part. So I'm not sure what to suggest next. There's obviously something specific to the MPx series that makes the signal feature not work according to spec...

I'll keep on looking though :lol:

Dr Fonz

Guest Powerfull

The icon battery state works great, but there is a little mistake in the documentation, it's battery-icon instead of batteryicon.

It's an usefull plugin, thanks.