SPV M2000 Now Launched

Guest blackhorse

Guest blackhorse

The handset is now available to Pay monthly customers.

The Orange SPV M2000 has launched and will be available on Pay Monthly only.

The Orange SPV M2000 is a powerful Windows based Smartphone with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, Bluetooth support and wireless 802.11b  ethernet.  With a large 320 x 240 pixel 65K colour touch sensitive display, the M2000 is easy to use.  Windows Mobile software featuring pocket versions of Internet Explorer and Outlook along with full PC synchronisation capabilities.

Orange pioneered Windows smartphones in the UK, and the SPV M2000 is our sixth Windows handset.

*Pls note the Orange SPV M2000 handset does not support line 2

Cost is through Orange direct and retail is:

Low tier : £349.99

Mid Tier : £249.99

High Tier £99.99

Lovely just ordered mine and an c500 with parrot car kit

Great Stuff

Maybe should get a bluetooth ear piece now to stop the embarrassment of using a brick of a handset lol :lol:

Guest dazza12

I've been waiting for this one, and want it now.

Just a couple of queries though. I last upgraded Feb 1st this year. I've been with Orange since about 1995, and last owned an SPV E200, which has been replaced about 4 times. Is there any way of getting a free upgrade out of them?

Also, what plans are considered High Tier? I'm currently on Talk 200, but I'm always going over this and was looking at either Talk 400 or the Premier plan.

Finally, has anyone ever managed during an upgrade to get offers that are normally reserved for new customers? Orange seem to never reward loyalty and I've been taking a serious look at O2's offerings.

Guest blackhorse
I've been waiting for this one, and want it now.

Just a couple of queries though. I last upgraded Feb 1st this year. I've been with Orange since about 1995, and last owned an SPV E200, which has been replaced about 4 times. Is there any way of getting a free upgrade out of them?

Also, what plans are considered High Tier? I'm currently on Talk 200, but I'm always going over this and was looking at either Talk 400 or the Premier plan.

Finally, has anyone ever managed during an upgrade to get offers that are normally reserved for new customers? Orange seem to never reward loyalty and I've been taking a serious look at O2's offerings.

£50 tariff and up is high tier (so yes talk 400 is high)

You will be able to upgrade now but you will pay an upgrade fee.

Unlikey your going to be offered rettention terms with still been in 12 months, but you can always ask!

Guest dazza12

I work by the principle of the worst that can be done is they'll say no. So I called them.

The guy I called, was happy to put me through to retentions when I said I'd had problems with my handset and was looking at the O2 XDA2s. I told them I'd been a customer since 1995 and wasn't happy with their lack of loyalty to customers like myself.

Spoke to the lady in retentions, who was happy to waive the upgrade fee. Went through the upgrade process, and was hunting for my debit card for the handset cost. It wasn't asked for, so I asked if this was being debited to my bill. She told me, she'd not only waived the upgrade fee but the phone as well. This was of course as long as I upgraded the plan to Talk 400. I selected Premier as not only do I get the 400 mins but the early upgrade as well.

The only downside is that I've got to wait until late Thursday or Friday for the phone. I bet it arrives on Friday when the missus is out at work and I don't get back until Parceline is shut for the weekend! :x

Apart from that however, I'm back in love with Orange - for now.

Guest damianbyrne

Hmmm £249.99 as an upgrade, I am on a Business 200 Tariff with a 2nd phone and my bills are over £50 per month, no thanks I think, yet another "loyal" customer with Orange since day 1 that gets nothing for it....

DB

Guest blackhorse
Hmmm £249.99 as an upgrade, I am on a Business 200 Tariff with a 2nd phone and my bills are over £50 per month, no thanks I think, yet another "loyal" customer with Orange since day 1 that gets nothing for it....

DB

If your using 400 mins a month, move to business 400 and get it for 99.99

Guest bronksy

well I have discovered something interesting about the tiering...

each customer is rated out of 400, for various things.. how long you have been with orange etc... the higher your rating.. the more oomph you have. I was offered the M2000 yesterday for 99.99 and i'm on o2 200 tariff match thing.

I also complained about something and the nice lady told me my rating had been upped to 270.

My monthly average spend is 80 quid, but usually my bills are 100 quid to 300 quid. Every contract you see through your rating goes up.

so 99.99 is a good deal for the M2000, and i reckon if i argue enough and threaten to leave i'd be on a free upgrade.

Also, she told me that they would try and be as competitive as possible regarding other networks offers.

Bad network coverage is due to 3G transmitters blocking out signals from 2G, and they know about it and are sorting it..

hope this is on interest and not all old news!

I've ordered mine today, subject to the usual 3 day delivery time.

This will be my 3rd SPV now. SPV, E200 and now M2000. Been lurking here ages but never registered.

I'm posting because i managed to get this on a free upgrade instead of the £250 they originally quoted me. Its available on T-mob UK free on contract and when I told them this they imediately offered free upgrade. I'm 1 day out of contract and my bills are approx £60 a month.

Guest egghead101

Its all very well having good prices but what is the battery like.....4 hours talk time means the same as the spv so actually you get 2 hours if you are lucky. I have had all the spv's and now betrayed microsoft by going to the SE p900. With the SE p900 I get hours and hours of talk time but the keyboard is non existent.

I would go back to microsoft in a heart beat but talk time is very, very, very important......so i guess for no communicator 9500 here i come

sorry microsoft!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Guest Russell@home

Just called orange to upgrade & was told that the M2000 wasn't due for release until early Jan 05!

I'll call them again later as I'll be told something different then!

Guest bronksy

stupid buggers

I don't get also.. it's a business phone, line 2 is aimed at business users. One of their top business products doesn't support it. seems bizzarre.

Well that settled it for me.. no Line 2. I'm not getting my business cards reprinted!

Guest egghead101

Line 2 is supported according to the manual.....i think

go to orange.co.uk

select your phone

change phone to spv 2000

and there is a manual downloadable

it says in the manual line 2 is available

stupid buggers

I don't get also.. it's a business phone, line 2 is aimed at business users. One of their top business products doesn't support it. seems bizzarre.

Well that settled it for me.. no Line 2. I'm not getting my business cards reprinted!

in the manual on the orange site it also has all the usual stuff about line 2 :lol: Oh well will find out for sure when it arrives :D mines been despatched!

OK, I have now tested the M2000 with a SIM card that has line 2.

Its possible to RECEIVE calls on both lines but I cant find any way to select which line you are making the call out on - it just defaults to line 1. :lol:

just received mine :D

and can confirm that the box contents are:

1 x M2000 :lol:

2 x Battery ;)

1 x Charger

1 x Headset

1 x Carry Pouch

1 x 32mb SD

1 x USB Cradle

2 x Stylus (apparently, not seen any yet)

1 x User Guide

1 x Getting started CDROM

excuse my slowness today, but what do you mean by onscreen t9?, as in the predicted word appearing halfway through typing a word or?

"]Does the M2000 feature on screen T9 like the iMate Jam?

P

Posted from my SmartPhone!

just received mine :D

and can confirm that the box contents are:

1 x M2000 :lol:

2 x Battery ;)  

1 x Charger

1 x Headset

1 x Carry Pouch

1 x 32mb SD

1 x USB Cradle

2 x Stylus (apparently, not seen any yet)

1 x User Guide

1 x Getting started CDROM

2 Batteries huh... this is looking good....

Can you describe the 'headset' and what the connector looks like please...

Anybody know if there will be a Rom update for the M1000 to bring the software in line with the M2000??? that would then make it easier to just go for the M1000.... wonder if you can port the rom form the M2000 to the M1000... any thoughts anybody?

thanks to foxy 11 and Dade...

cheers