8390 not receiving messages

Guest rking100uk

Guest rking100uk

Hi,

I don' know whether anybody else has had this problem but my 8390 is not recieving text messages, apart from the network ones which give you a list of dialling codes. I have sent multiple messages to my phone from online and other peoples phone but i do not recieve them. When somebody sends a message the phone picks up a signal (if it is near a computer screen it will flicker) but no new messages are received, anybody know whats wrong with it?

My sim card is fine as i have used it on a different phone.

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Guest pwest13

My did this i found deleting messages in my deleted/ sent / inbox gave it more room to recieve more, this 'smartphone' doesn't tell you when theres no room left for more messages it justs doesn't recieve anymore.

• 7 months later...
Guest monkeybusiness

i have a mitac 8390 and i have the same problem, i have deleted all messages and hard reset the phone but still will not recieve and texts or send from what i can tell. when i turn on the phone it comes up some chinese texts something about sim error. but does recieve calls, som1 please help need my phone. thank you :-)

Guest everest451

I had exactly the same problem a while ago, each time someone sent me a text i got a message containing a load of chinese characters and 'Sim error'. I would recommend freeing up room in the sms folders and also on the internal memory of the phone. Try your sim in someone elses handset and if it works then try fiddling with the menu's on the 8390. If the worst comes to the worst you can always upgrade to the R45 rom to fix the issue.

Guest Magnetic_dud

sometimes, when i receive an sms, it will be saved in sim, but not displayed.

so, i check with the built-in sim eraser (new, updated in R45!!) and then, if there are unread sms, i import they.