Alpha

Guest drblow

Thanks! ;)

I set the scrolling appts plugin to manual in the xml. You can change that if you like. Just set scroll-speed="xx" in the top of the calendar plugin. There's other stuff you can set if you read through the scrollking appts thread itself. :D

Guest stretchy
Thanks!  ;)

I set the scrolling appts plugin to manual in the xml.  You can change that if you like.  Just set scroll-speed="xx" in the top of the calendar plugin.  There's other stuff you can set if you read through the scrollking appts thread itself.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks man, this just keeps getting better and better.

Regards Stretchy

Guest drblow

Glad to hear it! ;) I always hope that people who use my themes will customise them for themselves. There is so much you can do with the xml if you get into it. :D

Guest stretchy

I have a problem, since installing alpha + plugins, when i power down the phone, upon restarting, it wont pass the windows mobile screen. I have done a hard reset and reinstalled everything but still the same problem?

Regards Stretchy

Guest drblow

Hmm ... I have had that happen before with skins on my c500, but only with the old e200 ones like silvertabs, or crafty's icandy. I ended up figuring that the c500 homescreen engine is just a bit unreliable.

Sometimes if you leave the phone alone for long enough it will get past the startup screens, but if not it's hard reset time I'm afraid! :D

Guest pagap

Ive had this problem several times with my C500 and after several Hard Resets I have found that by restarting the phone with the storage card removed the phone will start OK Then you can change the homescreen, shut down the phone normally and re insert the storage card.Seems a bit long winded, but its better than a Hard Reset

Guest stretchy

AlphaThemeC500.home.xml

Hmm ... I have had that happen before with skins on my c500, but only with the old e200 ones like silvertabs, or crafty's icandy.  I ended up figuring that the c500 homescreen engine is just a bit unreliable.

Sometimes if you leave the phone alone for long enough it will get past the startup screens, but if not it's hard reset time I'm afraid!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the problem arises when I edit the xml homepage, I dont really know the first thing about xml coding, I have just replaced the existing locations with my own, but if you have the time would you look at my ammended one.

Regards Stretchy

ps are there any issues with plugins being installed in different locations, ie phone storage and sd card?

Edited by stretchy

Guest drblow

Your xml looks fine. There shouldn't be any problems arise from editing & replacing xml, I do it about 50 times every day! :D

I always install plugins to the phone, never the storage card. I have never read/heard any problems arising from the location of them, but if you are installing them to the card, you could try uninstalling them & putting them all on the phone. Plugin are generally very small files anyway.

When I first got my c500, I was very disappointed to find that my themes for e200 caused the problem you described. But since changing the way I use the e200 plugin, I haven't had any more problems, and certainly none with the alpha theme.

Sorry I can't be of any more help - but as a last resort, you could try removing one of the plugins (if there's something you don't really use). I figured in the end that the problem comes from homescreens just having too much going on.

Guest stretchy

Thanks for all your help doctor, I've unfortunately had to settle for a modded default home screen. I feel the problem may have been associated with the shortcut plugin being directed to an app on the sd card but I can't say for certain.

Regards Stretchy

Guest x2c4u2c

okies... the screenshot looks smick! i just need to know which cab file i need to install for sp2002 :D

jus cant b bothered to read the whole thread. i know im lazy

Guest x2c4u2c

hmmm its been a while since i read this forum.. lots of things changed? im a newbie now? wonder what happened to all those postings i did....

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kermit_the_frog

Hi there.

This is a very nice theme but I would like to retrieve som of my old registry values. Can you tell me how to do it ? I have a MPX220.

Thanks man.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest brandall

Am I doing something wrong, the home page doesn't fit my E200, it's all overlapped? Any suggestions? I tried the different styles within settings.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wshekman

Hi,

I love your homescreen however I can not configure it to work properly for me. I have US version of C500 with windows 2003. I downloaded and installed all the plugins, what I get is pink lines over the scrolling appt plugin and other plugins are misaligned. Unfortunately I don't know how to capture a screen shot. Any ideas?

Guest drblow

OK - the pink lines is the limitation of the demo version of the scrolling appts plugin. To get rid of them you need to purchase the plugin. The other misaligned plugins will probably be due to not installing the necssary extra plugins, or using one of the xml files configured for Orange only phones (coz of the Oraneg specific plugin), so you're phone will probably only work with the 2002 version. Make sure you read the first post about what plugins to install, and check you are using the right xml. If none of that works then get back to me. ;)

Hope that helps, and glad you like it! :D

Guest gavinlew

Somethings not right on my SPV C500, the Network/Battery meters and Network/Storage information are all in the center of the screen, and not in the lower part where the empty box is, plus the Calendar plug-in has pink bars running through it.

Looks promising though.

Guest extravagant

can I have the appointment scrolling plugin for free? if so please contact me. Thx man! u would really rock. I'm poor man, its not like I have money to through around, I mean I can easily just press action button ahd check upcoming appiontments, I duno dude its upt o u and I wont distribute it. thx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.