Beta Macromedia Flash player for Smartphone

Guest bu_kandar83

Guest jakobdam

WOW! :shock: And here I thought Flash wouldn't arrive for my SPV C500 this year... :(

MaxH2003 >

You're a savior man! :( - Is it possible to remap one of the buttons on the phone to emulate "left mouse button"?

Since emulating a moving mouse could prove hazardous for performance, I'm not gonna suggest that - but enabling left mouse button clicking would come in very handy... ie. for playing certain Flash games. :)

I've been playing with this for ages and it's great to finally see flash running on the phone. Nice work guys.

I've managed to download SWF files over GPRS to my phone which automatically open up flash player 8)

Problem now is finding flash files that don't require the 'click here' text :x

thanks maxh2003. it's time to refresh myself again with actionScripts.

this hack will surely give way to more cool flash-based smartphone apps.

more power!

Rey

airfagev.com

If anyone want's to know how to download SWF files from the net over GPRS - here is what I did.

Open Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/cabfile and click Values. Highlight 'EditFlags' and then Menu-Edit-Copy.

Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFlash and click Values. Paste the 'EditFlags' key with Menu-Edit Paste.

If you want to you can paste the edit 'EditFlags' key in other places like exefile and zipfile (+ any others) to download those file types too :)

Note: All files downloaded to the phone are placed into to /Storage/Application data/Volatile so you will have to copy them to the SD card using File Manager otherwise the files will be lost when the phone is switched off.

Guest maxh2003

Hi all

Just a brief update on this. A couple of Macromedia blogs caught wind of FlashHack so I'm hoping they'll give an official line on it at some point in the next few (working) days.

To state the obvious: I don't need to pick a fight with an 800-pound gorilla like Macromedia - after all, gamesforsmartphones is a personal web page, not some corporate enterprise - so to take the urgency out of the situation I've temporarily pulled the FlashHack download. If they don't want to or can't be bothered to respond I guess I'll put it back up in a week or so. That should give everyone involved - me in particular - a less stressed time.

I hope you all understand why I've done this :-)

I'll keep you all posted if there's any news.

Max

Just for kicks I tried to see if the flash file could call a dynamic image from the web...like a webcam image. It does.

Here's a quickie...excuse the botched modaco dude...I just needed a backdrop. :)

The image takes a few seconds to load. (20K)

It can not open a connection on it's own, but if you have an active internet connection...it will pull the pic. (Use Shell Config to activate persistent GPRS connections). The image should update every 30 seconds when my camera is on. Otherwise...it will refresh the same pic.

I've been trying to do the same thing as this with an rss xml feed. It works, but only when my gprs is turned on. I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to mobile networks, so can someone tell be how to activate a persistent gprs connection (i have a c500) and whether this is actually what is needed if i want flash to download rss over http?

thanx

Rob

no, the player here is, as far as i can tell, the same version as flash player 6.0.79 (so it supports optimised functions) although i havn't tested video with it yet...

flash lite is a stripped down flash 5 (ish) player that needs everything written in flash 4 syntax and is pretty frustrating for anything more complex than a simple animation. Interestingly, flash lite 2.0 (due for release in the second quarter of 2005) has a proposed feature set that is below that of flash player 6. I've no idea whats going on anymore :roll:

Rob

Guest jakobdam

robnet >

Am I stupid, or just missing something...? :(

I thought Flash Lite wasn't availble for Microsoft powered Smartphones... and that this Flash application in this thread was the only way to view Flash on an SPV?

If Flash Lite is working with the MS Smartphones, can someone please give me a link... that is, if it's free... or a link to where I can buy it...?

I don't mind coding in Flash 4 syntax, though it'd be a big step backwards... but it's better than nothing...

And maybe if the Flash Lite 1.1 has a workaround for mouse button clicks.

That's what I'm missing the most in the Flash player introduced here in this thread. :)

Guest darksider
Regarding fun with Flash, I did a little wrapper around the PocketPC version when the SPV came out, but it was a bit too slow at that time  :wink: - if you remember http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...er=asc&start=15

since the subject seems to get some people interested again, I removed the dust around it, if you're a developer, feel free to have a look, the full sources to the wrapper are available here - http://arisme.free.fr/hacks/binaries/Spflaa.zip

No support of course  :wink:

Edit for people in a hurry, the interesting point in this wrapper is that you can go to the next control in your Flash movie by sending it a VK_TAB key event. Should be a piece of cake to add this to your own program

::SendMessage(pluginWindow, WM_KEYDOWN, VK_TAB, 1);

Sleep(100);

::SendMessage(pluginWindow, WM_KEYUP, VK_TAB, 1);

ive downloaded the file,but i need two files more to use it,if someone has:

Flash.dll from your PocketPC Macromedia Flash install

ATLCE300.dll from the PocketPC SDK

plz if someone has it,paste it here,or send it to me: [email protected] thx

sorry jakobdam, i should have mentioned that flash lite is currently not available for windows smartphones, only symbian phones like nokia.

Yes, this player seems to be the only thing available for playing flash on smartphones, unless you count mobiclip that is a flash wrapper with limited actionscript support. It claims to work on smartphones, symbian phones and ppc, although it seems to be a bit out of date because my c500 won't run it properly...

There have been rumours that the new version of flash lite will be supported for smartphones, but macromedia are currently hinting that the player will not be available for free - users will have to pay a one off fee to download the plugin. However.... the existence of this player might seem to invalidate all of those rumours.

Come on Macromedia - What is this player supposed to be and why hasn't it been more publicised?

Guest phonesmarts

I think the player is the one they use in the kiosks. When I went to the AT&T store, they had the demo phone that was playing what looked like an app, but it seems different. I'm not sure, but this seems to be the thing they use for the kiosk demos.

Anyway, this is a promising thing for the SP and hope to see some of my flash games and shorts to be able to played on this. If it is based on MF 6.0, then it should run most of the flashes out there. (I really want to play WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY on my phone... :) )

Guest maxh2003

Hi guys...

I've made an update to FlashHack. Specifically, it's now called MenuHack instead. The good news is it works with ANY window you want, but the bad news is you have to configure it first.

Obviously, the point of this is that what I'm making available is now nothing to do with Macromedia. If you want to use it to control SmartExplorer, PocketPC RealPlayer, Orneta Chess, or whatever, you can. It's entirely up to you - just write the config file. Full details of how to do that are in the new download, available from http://www.gamesforsmartphones.com as always :-D

Enjoy. Just don't ask me how to configure it to work with Flash! :-D

Max