• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HOWTO: Put the pipe down before posting

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Howto: put the crackpipe down and open a window to disperse the fumes before posting a question

ok, so you have a question you need the answer to, you have come to the right place but you need to follow the three simple rules to happy posting "STOP, THINK, TYPE"

we know your busy and don't have much time so here are some template questions for you to use

question 1: asking how to do something

"How do i _thing_ with my _phone_?"

and you replace _thing_ with what you want to find out and _phone_ with which phone you have

question 2: asking about software

"Is there an application that does _thing_ available for _phone_?"

and you replace _thing_ with what you want the application to do and _phone_ with which phone you have

using those templates and following the simple "howto ask a question" howto you can get your information across quickly and easily

remember kids "STOP, THINK, TYPE" it might just save your life one day

later

Owen

Posted

/ me would like to elaborate on the "Think" part:

This also includes such great thoughts such as:

hmm...i wonder if this has been posted before
and
hmm...maybe i should learn to search before i ask a question
and of course
yeh i know i cant use my phone as an ir remote but i'll post a question asking about it anyway

Posted

/ me would like to elaborate on the "Think" part:  

This also includes such great thoughts such as:

and and of course

lmao :)

Posted

Can I also suggest some of the old-school greats like...

Questions should end with a ?
CAPS LOCK is for girls

Nicks like Cr4ck3r went out a loooong time ago
And my personal favourite...

More than one ! doesn't make us want to help you more

Posted

And my personal favourite...

Hey! :shock: I use ! an awful lot, but thats just to enhance the expressive qualities of my witty & charming posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Posted

:oops:

Sorry mate, but what can I tell you?

Posted

so you mean i cant use my SPV as a TV remote???!!!!! :) :twisted:

and before anyone says a thing im being sarcastic :wink: