USB charger cable ?

Guest lycrawearer

Guest lycrawearer

Okay - so there is a compatible car charger ....

What I would find really useful is a simple USB charger lead !

(Bought a USB charger kit from The Link earlier in the year - came with 3 interchangeable adaptors - suitable for use with Nokia, Ericsson & Motorola - this has had no end of use and is very practical)

Anybody know of one ? Or indeed, like me, want one ?

Thanks

lycrawearer

Hi, I've looked everywhere for a post on this topic but nobody seems to mention it. Is the cradle supposed to charge the spv's battery? I got the impression it does. Mine doesn't however. Have I got a faulty cradle? If isn't supposed to, why not? :?

Guest Rob_Quads

Has anyone actually tested this cable. Surely it is just like the cradle except it has a plug instead of the cradle. The cradle needs an external power supply to charge the phone. I would have thought if they could have had the cradle self powered they would have as it normally will be pluged into mains supplied computers so would not be causing an excessive power drain on the computer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused, which cable works as there are 2 listed on the site

O2 XDA USB AutoSync Cable

and

eXpansys XDA Sync-N-Charge Cable

Are you saying the first one charges as well as syncs or do you need the second one?

Cheers

Dave

Cool.

Just ordered one!

By default they charge £10 for next working day delivery!

I selected royal mail (cos I'm tight and don't want to spend more on delivery than the product) but there was no re-calculate.

If they charge the full £10 I'll post back here.............

Guest johntheo

I have bought a couple of car cigar lighter USB cable adaptor from: http:/www.proporta.com ; it works really well with a USB sync and charge cable in the car - they also have the cables as well plus a rather flash pack with an emergency charger and ac adaptor in the kit.

If you want a really neat sync and charge cable then look at www.boxwave.com - I just ordered one - looks really neat

Guest Danlance
...www.proporta.com ... they also have the cables as well plus a rather flash pack with an emergency charger and ac adaptor in the kit.

Neat - kind of whished i'd seen this first...

Never mind - the times im away from car or computer for longer than a day are that few, that I think i'll cope :D

Guest johntheo

My retractable syc and charge cable from boxwave ( see above for URL) has just arrived - took 4 days to come from the States. It's really cool - I suggest you have a look.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest casper508
I found an XDA sync & charge cable on Ebay for £10.99  

Works a treat :D

Have you tried the battery trick with it (use other SIMs)?

It should work but can you or anyone with the above cable confirm it?

Cas