A video demo of the Samsung smartphone2002

Guest sebset

Guest janagan

THis looks v.good especially how it handled a 225 Kb video. I hope this is not like SPV where they showed around a boosted(hardware and software) phone and then gave us a reduced version of what was advertised.

Guest someone

edit : link now dead

The launching video of our own SPV!

by Microsoft and Orange

You can chose low, medium and high quality (windows media)

you can see some demonstrations etc.

Cheers

Edited by someone
original link now a dating site !

Guest sebset

MORE INFO ABOUT THE SCH-i600!

http://www.samsungelectronics.com/wow/prod...roduct_I600.asp

FEATURE

176x220, 65K Color TFT

IrDA / gprsOne

SD I/O for expansion pack & acc

MS Outlook / Media Player

Speaker Phone Features

Voice Recognition (V-PIMs)

SPECIFICATION

Weight: 130g

Dimension: 90x54x22.5mm

Battery: 900mAh

Memory: F/M 32MB + DRAM 32MB

CPU: MSM5100 / SA2 (200Mhz)

1X Tri Mode (CDMA 800/1900/AMPS)

i600neo.jpg

Thanks to www.smartphony.org :D

http://www.smartphony.org/stories.php?stor...3/01/07/7029869

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

heheh, my computer bout 3-4 years ago ran at 266mhz and had (i would assume) a similar amount of memory. the latest iPaq is the same cpu/mem spec as the machine i was running a little over a year ago

• 3 weeks later...
Guest someone

woweey looks very nice, designful.

But I think it will be more expensive than the SPV, cause all samsung handsets aren't all that cheap. Just look at the price of the T100 for example. And it will have a more powerfull processor. That will pump up the price too.

It will only take some before this baby will be released. yeah, baby, that is what it is (maybe more than the SPV ;) )

I think that our SPV looks muuuuuch smarter!!!

And:

Is everybody in here such a geek that he wants to own every smartphone released from now!? (Did you buy the palm III and the palm IIIx to have 'em both!?)

I think i can live with my SPV at least a year or two (my last 7110 lasted three years).

Look's OK but I think I'll stick with my SPV. I didn't think that phones had external areials anymore!!!

Samsung however should be quicker than Orange at bringing out accessories for this phone and hopefully they should be compatible!!!

And now...

what do you think of this new Smartphone?

110329.jpg

Perhaps Microsoft should be well inspired to enable touch screen on Smartphone 2003. Isn't it? ;)

x730-037.jpgx730-059.jpgx730-041.jpg

_sch_x730_b1.jpg

Color Mobile Phone With Touch Screen  

Company Samsung Electronics Co.  

Address 250, Taepyeongno 2-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea  

URL  www.samsung.com  

A touch screen which has been used only in high-quality PCs is now being applied to mobile phone screens, enabling users to write and draw on the mobile phone terminal.  

Samsung Electronics Co. has released a cdma2000 1x color mobile phone with a touch screen (SCH-X730). The touch-screen color phone can be used as conveniently as a PDA when characters, simple symbols and maps are input.    

It recognizes not only English but also Korean and special symbols.  Even if users call a telephone, they can directly input information with a pen rather than having to use various functional buttons in cellular phones.  It can store up to 12 picture memos.  It also can erase some parts of the drawing.  

This means software will let users write phone number and draw maps with a pen on a cell phone screen rather than using a message sheet.  The new product combines features of mobile phones and PDAs.  

The touch screen utilizes 65,000-color high definition UFB-LCD. Users can open the folder for better convenience and it can fold like a PDA.  It can also revolve 180¡Æ.  It supports 40-chord melodies and installs up to 2400 phone numbers and 100 short messages.  

Dimensions are 89.5 x 45 x 21.3mm.  Weight is 90g.  Its 900mA battery allows continuous calling for 130 minutes.  Continuous waiting is available for 100-200 hours.

A LIVE DEMO ON: http://www.cetizen.com/newreviews/list_cet...cts_id=405#img1

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

A lot of Samsungs come with 2 batteries, apparently. So does the t68i incedentally, so i wouldn't read too much into it.

I'm certainly looking forward to the new Samsung SmartPhone range though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Samsungs come with 2 batterys because theyre crap. They hold little charge but samsung beleive that if they ship 2 batterys then the general consumer wont complain as much. Incidently, the battery on out trusted little spv's battery is made by none other than samsung