Full Car Kit available/planned?

Guest BenS1

My last phone was a Nokia 6210 (A bit old) for which I have a full car kit which I have found very useful... is there a car kit for the SPV, or is there one planned for the future?

I can't stand those in your ear handsfree kits, it has to be a full car kit wired into the stereo.

Cheers

Guest Paul [MVP]

Hi Ben!

I asked Orange exactly this, and yes, there is one planned.

I would definitely prefer a bluetooth SD and a bluetooth car kit hidden away tho

:shock:

P

Guest Rob_Quads

Bit of a weird solution but if you could buy the extra power connectors that you get you could use this incar with a suitable power adaptor as all it is a simple 5v 1a supply.

You could easily build a regulated 5v 1amp supply from a car supply - then you would just need the plug to fit into the adaptor

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest marksankey

You could buy a connector from Maplin that plugs into the headphone socket in the SPV and also has a cassette device that goes into the car stereo. With the stereo turned on, you can then make and receive calls and hear all the output through the car system.

It's also great for playing the MP3s stored on your phone.

Can't remember the product code or make but it's in the Maplin catologue (under Mobile communication) and only £9.99. A bargain I think... ;)

Thought about that - even neater to use a plug in fm modulator - that doesn't wear out and is less wires trailing everywhere. But it's not the same as a full car kit that automatically mutes the stereo when the phone rings etc.

Andy

Help!

I am trying to get a carkit running, about to start soldering version 2, but there appears to be no autoanswer?? I've been using the directions on the xda sites..

There was a group of nokia people in helsinki (just outside the HUT) building, but can i find their website.. NOOO!

they showed detailed diagrams of nokia carkits etc..

Anyone remember, have this site in their favourites, please pm me.

i think the name was a play on words of nokia..

Will

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mcwarre

I have an old 5 in 1 car kit for a Nokia 3310. The connector fits the spv (not the power tho'). I bought a splitter for the cigarette lighter and used the XDA car charger to power the spv. Not perfect but it works and is probably a darned sight cheaper than whatever orange will charge.

Guest matt.waterton

would love a car kit....have a smartphone in my smart car :)

Have a JVC MP3 head unit with 2 aux ins and a tel mute....so when a decent kit comes out will give it a go!!..

Can have streaming internet radio in my car then!!