• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Double Text Sending?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I have had a problem with my M1000 where I send a text and the person on the other end recieves it twice. When it happens I also recieve another notification that it's been sent.

I spoke to Orange about it and they weren't much help (they accused O2 of having a problem because my wife was recieving them twice. Lame).

I'm now waiting until my next bill so i can check if I'm being charged twice (If I am, they can look out! :twisted: ) but I think I may have worked something out.

I noticed that if I write the message, send it and close the inbox immediately then I don't get a 'sent' notification (until I re-open the inbox). When I send a message and leave the inbox open until i get the 'sent' notification then it works fine. Not ideal, but hey, it's a fix! :)

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has had this.

Posted

Yep - I've been told I've been sending double texts (i only sent one myself). At the time the sent box was disabled so i've enables it to check now. I also found that closing the inbox resulted in the message not being sent until reopening the messaging - in most cases hours later - it's a bit of a poor show really.

Posted

Yeah, I can't wait for my next bill (did I really say that?!?!) so that I can check it out and give Orange some grief. :twisted: Can you say 'com-pen-sation'?

Posted

was there ever any solution to this? my M500 is doing the same thing, i'm starting to get worried about the bill.....

Posted

was there ever any solution to this? my M500 is doing the same thing, i'm starting to get worried about the bill.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For the first time ever I can help!!! :-) I had this problem. It happens when you exit the message page before the envelope has a chance to appear. Not sure about a fix but I am happy just being a little bit more patient and waiting for the message envelope to appear on screen. Then you can quit.

Let me know if this helps!

Can anyone help me? I really want to upgrade my O2 XDA 2 to the W2003SE but can't find a reliable topic anywhere to follow the instructions (and am a bit scared!)

Posted

Can anyone help me?  I really want to upgrade my O2 XDA 2 to the W2003SE but can't find a reliable topic anywhere to follow the instructions (and am a bit scared!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It might be best not to if you can't afford to lose the device. Just that problems do happen and you might end up turning your HTC Himalaya into a paperweight.

But if you want to do some reading on your device then check out the XDA-Developers.com wiki pages