• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Do you like new design of MoDaCo?

87 posts in this topic

Posted

I would personally really prefer it if the 'Track this topic' link was also at the bottom of each page.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got used to clicking the Top button to get back to the New Posts link

Posted

We've moved to Invision because, TBH, we've just outgrown phpBB in it's current state. IPB gives us a ton more functionality, and we couldn't wait for the new phpBB (although migration might have been easier!)

Although it is a lot more performant thus far (the new server helps!), the most important thing was stability, security, and I guess a bit of accountability - and this is what a paid licence gave us.

In addition, there was a bit of money in the MoDaCo coffers which meant we could buy IPB, Blogs, Galleries, Copyright Removal and Top Secret Product X which will REALLY take us to the next level.

Think of this as a platform for the future, a solid foundation for what is coming next :)

P

Posted

Yes ... apart from the 'View posts since last visit' ... unless I'm missing it simewhere

Posted (edited)

Yes ... apart from the 'View posts since last visit' ... unless I'm missing it simewhere

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just click 'View new posts' at the top

Also, what are the three things at the very bottom right?? These things:

-- 9 queries GZIP Enabled

Edited by yoos

Posted

Just debugging info, showing us how speedy the server is being :)

P

Posted (edited)

I'm liking the speed and not getting anymore failed searches alot.

Hey Paul, you're member #2, so who's #1 ?!

Edited by yoos

Posted

The original admin member the forum set up.

I'm gonna change that tho ;-)

P

Posted

And congrats on being the first person to mention the dreaded http://www.modaco.com/search.php>Search! :)

P

Posted

we couldn't wait for the new phpBB (although migration might have been easier!)

2.2 is due out january/february ,, ANYWAY i like the new board just came as a bit of a shock to see so many new buttons :)

Posted

Shouldn't you be like TyphoonDave now or something? :)

P

Posted

:) yeah! i guess i should,

Feel Free to make it so :(

Posted

:)

P

Posted

lol cheers, Lets just hope that HTC keep giving there phones reasonable names :exclaim:

Posted

Get yourself an iMate Jam, I like MagicianDave :)

P

Posted

Haha dont expect me to pull a bunny out of my hat though :)

Posted

Haha dont expect me to pull a bunny out of my hat though :(

With your avatar I just hope it is your hat :shock: :)

Posted

Eeeww :exclaim: magician or not, im not trying that one :)

Posted

The new look is nice but too white on the posts maybe a slightly darker tint would help , keep on with the ideas so modaco will be always your number 1 :) :( :(

Posted (edited)

Can I assume that the look is not permanent? I like all of the new functionality and the blazing speed. But will Modaco have a new look to go along with it?

Edited by encece

Posted

Yes it will, development of a new style is currently underway, this is a stop gap so we could get on the new software as quick as possible :)

P

Posted

OK OK, maybe it is prettier and better. But I think its a bit confusing.

Posted

In addition, there was a bit of money in the MoDaCo coffers which meant we could buy IPB, Blogs, Galleries, Copyright Removal and Top Secret Product X which will REALLY take us to the next level.

Think of this as a platform for the future, a solid foundation for what is coming next :)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone else wondering what the secret ingredient is?

Posted

Yes it will, development of a new style is currently underway, this is a stop gap so we could get on the new software as quick as possible :)

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I personally like this style, very subtle and easy on the eyes, like the old MoDaCo, the design-in-progress must look great hehe :(

Posted

I like the look but I thing how the sections are now working it's harder to get to the customisations for smartphones, and I already miss the ability of minimising sections to a bar if you not intrested in that section.

I rather have the old board than this, but what do I know :)

Posted

one thing I don't like is when I click Track This Topic I have to then select a tracking option. I'd much rather prefer to only have to do one click and it doesn't even take me to the tracking option screen (maybe if there was a way to default it all the time)