• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

P505 Pocket PC 2003 Phone Edition from Asus

7 posts in this topic

Posted

It seems that the ASUS are planning a new Pocket PC Phone Edition device, as the FCC have given approval for a new device from them...

post-21885-1104442896.jpg

FCC has just approved ASUS P505, Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 for PocketPC Phone Edition device which somewhat resembles Sony Ericsson P900. The same phone was one of the winners of "Best Computex Awards" from Computex Taipei 2004 International Information Technology show. The ASUS P505 will feature:

* 2.8" 65k Transflective TFT display with 320 x 240 (QVGA) resolution

* 1.3 megapixel CMOS camera with video capture and built-in flash

* Bluetooth and IRDA

* SD / MMC memory expansion slot with SDIO support

* GPRS class 10

* Intel PXA270 416 MHz processor (version with 520 MHz CPU should able to available)

* 64MB Flash ROM and 64MB SDRAM

* MP3 and Video playback support

* Microsoft ActiveSync application

Source and another image: ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com

(And apologies for the layout and image thumbnails - I'm still adjusting to this new more powerful Modaco Site!)

Posted (edited)

Looks pretty nice, except for the aerial and lack of WiFi :? :)

Edited by Vector

Posted

WiFi will soon be a must for any PPC I buy I think (he says as he lovingly cradles his Jam! :))

P

Posted

Hmmmm, anyone besides me who think that external antenna looks really stupid?

Posted

WiFi will soon be a must for any PPC I buy I think (he says as he lovingly cradles his Jam! :))

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes I must admit before ordering my Jam I was wondering if I should hold out for the BenQ maybe, but the size is just so looooovvveeeelllyyyy (plus I didn't like the the look of the BenQ keyboard).

I picked up a sandisk 256/wifi sd card and I'm just as happy. It's no real hardship to carry, and it seems to give much better signal strength than any other device I have with built in WiFi...

- spacerace -

Posted

Hmmmm, anyone besides me who think that external antenna looks really stupid?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you there Crispy

Posted

This is quote old news now, I posted this in June!

http://www.msmobilenews.com/?cid=529

I like the look of it but totally agree about the lack of WiFi.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.