Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest viper4u2nv

Oh my god im a trend setter!!! oh yeh!!! i ordered my mda 3 this morn aint checked me account yet. hopefully i should get it soon. anyone else order it 2dy? tell me how it goes. PEACE.

Guest mhanbury
Good news Dade, hopefully that will satisfy some of the user lusting for one one here for so long!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you know if they will be available to order from the ORange website on the 24th?

Guest inspectorgadjet

Woohoo...I've been trying to hold out on the Orange SPV M2000 ordered from onestopphoneshop, but I just noticed that you can get the MDA III for free on T-Mobile Daytime 3000 (£17.63 per month) here.

Guest pizdyetz77

That tariff seems too good to be true.

Could I put that through a family member's business and that would be that?

What are T-Mobile like Vs Orange?

GH

Guest nigidivitch
That tariff seems too good to be true.

Could I put that through a family member's business and that would be that?

What are T-Mobile like Vs Orange?

GH

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The only major difference I can see is the cost of GPRS usage - T-Mobile seem to be at £7.50 per mb whereas Orange are substantially cheaper than that... I'm hoping that GPRS mbs can be bought cheaper in advance? :?:

The only major difference I can see is the cost of GPRS usage - T-Mobile seem to be at £7.50 per mb whereas Orange are substantially cheaper than that...  I'm hoping that GPRS mbs can be bought cheaper in advance?  :?:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

£7.50, £7.50?!?!? That's absurd, it's only £2.35 on o2!! and you can pre-buy 5MB for £4, or was it 4MB for £5, I suddenly don't remember, anyway, it's a LOT less than £7.50!!

Guest nigidivitch
£7.50, £7.50?!?!? That's absurd, it's only £2.35 on o2!!  and you can pre-buy 5MB for £4, or was it 4MB for £5, I suddenly don't remember, anyway, it's a LOT less than £7.50!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I totally agree - insane price! Following is info from the T-Mobile web site:

"You are charged 10p per minute to call WAP and t-zones via our standard dial-up service. If you access via GPRS, you are charged 0.75p per KB on pay monthly & mix it and 2p per KB on pay as you go. "

So it's cheaper to use dial-up WAP than GPRS, but since the MDAIII is a GPRS phone, and since the phone is capable of slightly more than your average N**** mini-screened-phone, you'd have thought that some kind of data deal might be available... Have sent T-Mobile an email asking them, but doubt they'll get back immediately...

Guest wheresalan
Woohoo...I've been trying to hold out on the Orange SPV M2000 ordered from onestopphoneshop, but I just noticed that you can get the MDA III for free on T-Mobile Daytime 3000 (£17.63 per month) here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't you have to be a business customer to order that package? (Daytime 3000)

Guest viper4u2nv

anyone who ordered their phone yesterday received their phones yet? i ordered the mda 3 yesterday and when i sign into my account it still ses currently being picked. jus wondering wot it ses for u others who decided to follow my ways of ditching the m2000 and getting the mda 3. peace!

What is the difference between the M2000, XDA2, XDA2s, MDA3? Apart from being on different networks?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

M2000 = HTC Blue angel with orange branding and orange additional apps (in silver)

XDA2s = HTC Blue angel with o2 branding and o2 additional apps (and it's black)

MDA3 = HTC Blue angel with t-mobile branding and additional apps (think this ones silver)

there's also the

Imate PDA2k = Blue angel, but not networked locked, which you buy independently for around £500.

Siemans SX66 = well I think this is a blue angel, but I've heard a rumour it doesnt have the camera in it but is otherwise the same (this is I think a USA sold phone, I havent seen one in UK shops yet)

XDA2 = much older PDA-Phone from o2, also an HTC model phone. XDA2s and soon to arrive XDA2mini are replacement models for this phone.

Guest nigidivitch
anyone who ordered their phone yesterday received their phones yet? i ordered the mda 3 yesterday and when i sign into my account it still ses currently being picked. jus wondering wot it ses for u others who decided to follow my ways of ditching the m2000 and getting the mda 3. peace!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup - ordered mine yesterday and am currently tracking it via royal mail web site... It's on it's way!! The site did say that it was being picked for a while, but changed to order complete this morning. Was also phoned by OSPS this morning to tell me that I'd get it tomorrow morning...

Good luck with yours!

Guest nigidivitch
M2000 = HTC Blue angel with orange branding and orange additional apps (in silver)

XDA2s = HTC Blue angel with o2 branding and o2 additional apps (and it's black)

MDA3  = HTC Blue angel with t-mobile branding and additional apps (think this ones silver)

there's also the

Imate PDA2k = Blue angel, but not networked locked, which you buy independently for around £500.

Siemans SX66 = well I think this is a blue angel, but I've heard a rumour it doesnt have the camera in it but is otherwise the same (this is I think a USA sold phone, I havent seen one in UK shops yet)

XDA2 = much older PDA-Phone from o2, also an HTC model phone.  XDA2s and soon to arrive XDA2mini are replacement models for this phone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just popped into town and had a look through some mobile phone/smartphone/pda mags - they all seemed to have conflicting information...

One point that was mentionned was that there is a difference between the MDAIII and the XDAIIs... They seemed to think that the XDAIIs is Quad-band, and the MDAIII only tri-band.

I can't seem to find any information to back this up - especially since they are both made by HTC and have the same name!!!?

Does anyone have any info about this?

Guest alanrenouf

Jsut spoke to Orange to cancel my contract, he asid why, I advised that I wanted the M2000 but they had been out of stock for the last 2 weeks and did not know when they were getting more.

He said this was untrue and that Orange only offered this phone to business customers. Why cant they get a standard answer going ?!?

Didnt even try and persuade me to stay. :D Quite disapointed actually !

Guest viper4u2nv

ah man. my phone is being up held at moment because t-mobile think i already have a contract with them :D . the dude at onestopphoneshop did say he will try and get it sorted by today and hopefully have an answer in the next hour or so. wish my mda 3 does arrive 2moro!!! :D

Guest nigidivitch
ah man. my phone is being up held at moment because t-mobile think i already have a contract with them :D . the dude at onestopphoneshop did say he will try and get it sorted by today and hopefully have an answer in the next hour or so. wish my mda 3 does arrive 2moro!!! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My immediate response there is so what?

I've had about five contracts on the go at once before and being a member of a network never stopped me from getting another contract - surely if you already have a contract with a company, that can only assist in you getting another one...

It must be said that all of these mobile phone companies really confuse me sometimes with their totally screwed logic!!

As for Orange and their "M2000 only for business customers" it's a farce... a total farce... I'm pretty certain that the networks would be totally f***ed without all their personal contracts, however they don't seem able to understand that a private user expects the same level of service from a network as a business user, and is justified in doing so...

I wonder what the ratio of personal to business contracts is in the UK?

Anyway, good luck viper4u2nv - am sure it'll all work out!!!! :roll:

Guest viper4u2nv

they say the last despatch is at 6, im hoping they sort it out before then. thanx nigidivitch, hope u like ur phone, post somethin 2moro and tell us how it goes. peace out mate.

Guest Pondrew
Just popped into town and had a look through some mobile phone/smartphone/pda mags - they all seemed to have conflicting information...

One point that was mentionned was that there is a difference between the MDAIII and the XDAIIs...  They seemed to think that the XDAIIs is Quad-band, and the MDAIII only tri-band.

I can't seem to find any information to back this up - especially since they are both made by HTC and have the same name!!!?

Does anyone have any info about this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strange, sure I read that the MDA III is quad band. I understood that although they are different roms that the overall spec is still identical between networks...

At one point I thought the MDA would have a lower amp battery but that turned out to be wrong.

Guest nigidivitch
Strange, sure I read that the MDA III is quad band. I understood that although they are different roms that the overall spec is still identical between networks...

At one point I thought the MDA would have a lower amp battery but that turned out to be wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Christ!! Why are these things shrowded in such mystery - they're phones??!!!

Am sure that you're right Pondrew (how's the new phone by the way?) and they are all identical - I can't see HTC making a load of slightly different handsets each for specific networks - might end up being quite costly!

This phone better be good when I get it tomorrow - have now done so much research on the thing I'm already getting annoyed with it!!