Is there any news on more stock?

Guest Wozbacca

Guest viper4u2nv

my bro just got off the phone to orange and they said the spv m2000 is due in on monday. BUT each one they receive needs to be quality checkd and wil be available to purchase on friday 29th jan. still waiting for my mda 3 tho. t-mobile have problems about my t-mobile acount which i used to have.

Guest Pondrew

It'll be worth the wait guys, don't fret.

The thing I've been most surprised at is the ease of use WITHOUT stylus. And I don't mean using the keyboard or direction pad but the touch screen itself.

Also discovered the voicedial which I found quite impressive if a little difficult to get used to...

Guest nigidivitch
my bro just got off the phone to orange and they said the spv m2000 is due in on monday. BUT each one they receive needs to be quality checkd and wil be available to purchase on friday 29th jan. still waiting for my mda 3 tho. t-mobile have problems about my t-mobile acount which i used to have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoop Whoop! My MDA3 just arrived, and strangely, as soon as I turned it on, T-Mobile rang up and answered my question about GPRS usage as well as to check that all was going well!! Can't say I ever got that from Orange!

Turns out that they do do GPRS packages 3mb=£5 per month which is cool!

Anyway, the devide kicks ass, looks very nice indeed, and seems to be very easy to use (as much as I've managed to use it so far without my boss seeing that I am not actually working!!).

Agree with Pondrew - the wait was (and will be for all of you who are still waiting) well worth it - now I have the joy of, once again, having the best phone in the office!!! 8)

Guest viper4u2nv

nigidivitch, ur well lucky!!!! im still waiting for it to be despatched!!!! wel annoyed now!! Now they sayin u will receive it on monday!! i go bak to uni 2moro, i was hopin it arrives 2moro! damn!!!

Guest Pondrew
Whoop Whoop!  My MDA3 just arrived, and strangely, as soon as I turned it on, T-Mobile rang up and answered my question about GPRS usage as well as to check that all was going well!!  Can't say I ever got that from Orange!

Anyway, the devide kicks ass, looks very nice indeed, and seems to be very easy to use (as much as I've managed to use it so far without my boss seeing that I am not actually working!!).

Agree with Pondrew - the wait was (and will be for all of you who are still waiting) well worth it - now I have the joy of, once again, having the best phone in the office!!! 8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Congrats mate, came off customer service earlier having arranged the 10meg for £15 bundle (way I see it better too much then too little). Glad I did too as I've been on the T-Mobile website and apparently they've already charged me over £3 for the gprs web usage so far (that was barely over 0.6 of a meg!!!).

Guest viper4u2nv
Whoop Whoop!  My MDA3 just arrived, and strangely, as soon as I turned it on, T-Mobile rang up and answered my question about GPRS usage as well as to check that all was going well!!  Can't say I ever got that from Orange!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nigidivitch, cud u tell me what comes inside the box?

Guest nigidivitch
nigidivitch, cud u tell me what comes inside the box?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No probs mate - 1 MDA3, 1 battery, 2*styluses, 1 sim, 1 protective screen cover, 1 case, 1 ac power adapter, 1 adapter end (so you can connect power adapter straight to phone - like SPV, E200, etc...), 1 sync cradle, 2 CDs (haven't tried out yet), pair of stereo headphones with mic (and built in volume control), manuals, etc... Also got the bluetooth headset (charging!). It doesn't seem to have come with an SD or MMC card which is a bit pants, but not that important!

As soon as you get it, sort out GPRS bundle - way too badly priced otherwise!

Good luck and hope this helps! :D

Guest viper4u2nv
No probs mate - 1 MDA3, 1 battery, 2*styluses, 1 sim, 1 protective screen cover, 1 case, 1 ac power adapter, 1 adapter end (so you can connect power adapter straight to phone - like SPV, E200, etc...), 1 sync cradle, 2 CDs (haven't tried out yet), pair of stereo headphones with mic (and built in volume control), manuals, etc...  Also got the bluetooth headset (charging!).  It doesn't seem to have come with an SD or MMC card which is a bit pants, but not that important!

As soon as you get it, sort out GPRS bundle - way too badly priced otherwise!

Good luck and hope this helps! :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cheers dude, i herd sumwher u dnt get the cradle with mda 3, but good to no u do. ps what bluetooth headset is it?

Guest nigidivitch
cheers dude, i herd sumwher u dnt get the cradle with mda 3, but good to no u do. ps what bluetooth headset is it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's an ABH-204 Xtreme Bluetooth Headset - looks alright, but haven't tried it yet. Also have discovered that the Bluetooth Build version of the phone is 1900, which is apparently not very good and should be upgraded to at least 3500... How to do this I have yet to work out!

Guest Pondrew
Also have discovered that the Bluetooth Build version of the phone is 1900, which is apparently not very good and should be upgraded to at least 3500...  How to do this I have yet to work out!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interested to hear that as having played with the Bluetooth Manager and different Bluetooth options I've been very impressed! Admittedly though that's connectivity with other phones and PCs rather then headset use but gotta be good...

Guest ebony_rascal

I called to upgrade today was told the M2000 withdrawn as orange not happy with them.

No idea when it was coming back or if it was coming back ............I was then offered a Sony Ericsson P810i for free ...which i`m tempted by as I like the orange coverage etc...

I called to upgrade today was told the M2000 withdrawn as orange not happy with them.

No idea when it was coming back or if it was coming back ............I was then offered a Sony Ericsson P810i for free ...which i`m tempted by as I like the orange coverage etc...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This doesn't sound good at all. Can you give more details?

Guest nigidivitch

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Orange might not be happy with them, but I am - the Blue Angel is fantastic and I fully recommend it!!

Re. coverage, aren't all the networks pretty much of a muchness these days? I've certainly not noticed much difference between Orange, Vodafone and T-Mobile.

I certainly wouldn't worry about being loyal to certain operators - they rarely seem to do any favours for their customers... the private ones anyway! :D

Guest ebony_rascal

Ok called again today and apparently its only available to business customers due to limited stock. I told the guy I just wanted to know what the score was but he could give no time scales for private customers. I think ill give it another week as I can get it for free and if I go to premier plan I can get a new upgrade in 9 months..............

You can bet ill be asking for the earth from customer relations when it becomes available again. Out of interest could I get it free fom O2 ?

Ok called again today and apparently its only available to business customers due to limited stock. I told the guy I just wanted to know what the score was but he could give no time scales for private customers. I think ill give it another week as I can get it for free and if I go to premier plan I can get a new upgrade in 9 months..............

You can bet ill be asking for the earth from customer relations when it becomes available again. Out of interest could I get it free fom O2 ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try and get into a 'Business' store of Orange..........these have small stocks of the M2000

i went into the Bath store last week without knowing it was a business store and just asked if they had stock, fully expecting to get a 'no' response.........instead, it was a 'yes', 3 in stock, and when asked how come, it was because Bath is a business store as well as retail.............. M2000 in my possession !!!

call into a store, or ring one up beforehand and ask if they are a business store...........else, ring the Bath store and ask where there are others like them !!!!

good luck!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Rascal and welcome to the club of us sad s*ds who are ‘waiting for the M2000’. I am a business customer and have been told to expect my M2000 next week – must go now because I’m taking the family to see the Pink Arrows and their famous aerobatic display of flying pigs.

Guest TheMadScot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You won't get it for free on an O2 contract; the best I managed was £9.99 on O2 Max tarriff (£75/month, 1000 x-net minutes and 50 texts) from uplands.co.uk before they hiked their prices up; shop around and you may yet find something similar.

Do bear in mind with the imminent release of the XDA II Mini (a la iMate JAM) and the XDA IIi (520MHz processor, 1.3Mpx camera) that the deal prices for an XDA IIs might swing in your favour by early February - that's assuming either of other two devices I've mentioned don't interest you!

I don't know what the score is with Orange and PocketPC devices - it's almost like they don't want anyone to get them.

Guest nigidivitch
You won't get it for free on an O2 contract; the best I managed was £9.99 on O2 Max tarriff (£75/month, 1000 x-net minutes and 50 texts) from uplands.co.uk before they hiked their prices up; shop around and you may yet find something similar.

Do bear in mind with the imminent release of the XDA II Mini (a la iMate JAM) and the XDA IIi (520MHz processor, 1.3Mpx camera) that the deal prices for an XDA IIs might swing in your favour by early February - that's assuming either of other two devices I've mentioned don't interest you!

I don't know what the score is with Orange and PocketPC devices - it's almost like they don't want anyone to get them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also bear in mind that you can get the hda3 for free at onestopphoneshop on t-mobile, and it even comes with a bluetooth headset and 30 quid cash back on a relax 400 tariff!! That's the way i've gone and am more than happy with it!

Guest dazultra2000

OK guys, get a load of this then!

I got an M2000 early December and it was the best thing ever...

Then on the 19th December I accidentally fell over and crushed it! The horror!

I had orange care though and thought it'd be ok and I'd have a replacement the next morning....only by this time they were out of stock...

Since then I've been waging war with Orange to get an M2000. About 2 weeks ago they got some brand new insurance replacements in, but they refused to let me have one as I damaged the phone, and it didn't break of it's own accord. I am supposed to have a refurbished one instead.

But if there aren't any new ones to get refurbished, how long do you think I have to wait for?!

They've loaned me a P910i in the meantime, which is a bit of a cop out as I already have a P800 and a P900, and the P910i is NOT a suitable replacement as it has no wifi and a really crappy qwerty keyboard.

I'm quite angry. Anyone here know any legal action I can take?

Guest Shaunfarris

So come on then, does anyone out there actually have any real answer from Orange as to the true release date of the M2000.

Surely if it was 'Released' as they said back in November, this would also mean it was available.

All I ever get is "Yes Sir, the system says that it will be available on Monday", they've been saying that for 4 weeks now.

What I dont understand is that as this is the same phone as the XDAIIs, MDAIII etc how come every other operator has stock but not Orange.

Does anyone now wether Orange are genuinely going to make this phone available, as I dont really want to move to T Mobile as their service is poor in my home, O2 have very poor support for email etc, and Vodafone well the less said about their truelly diabolical Technical Support the better (my 5 year old nephew would be of more use than that lot).

Also anyone have a decent email address to ask Orange on??

Cheers all

Guest noogie bear

Hi there,

I just phoned one stop and cancelled my m2000 they still dont know when it will be in apart from "should be this week". I have ordered the t mobile mda3 instead as they say its in stock.

We will see and ill let you know

Cheers

Guest Shaunfarris

Hi All,

I phoned OneStop at 9.30am today and was told that 'It should be 1st week of Feb'

But I do know that Orange have stock as my work has just taken delivery of some

Shaun