Backup rom

Guest crazyboy

Guest markgamber
How can i backup rom of mitac 8390??

Anyone know it??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I know it's not possible. Mitac doesn't have anything available to back up a rom. Besides, it's rom, what's to back up? It's not going anywhere. If you try to flash the phone with some other rom (mitac hasn't and probably never will release an update, assuming they're still in business), it will most likely turn it into an expensive paperweight so there's no point in backing it up.

Guest crazyboy
As far as I know it's not possible. Mitac doesn't have anything available to back up a rom. Besides, it's rom, what's to back up? It's not going anywhere. If you try to flash the phone with some other rom (mitac hasn't and probably never will release an update, assuming they're still in business), it will most likely turn it into an expensive paperweight so there's no point in backing it up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank's for reply, i see that mitac don't release rom; i think this is very stupid but is only my opinion.

I want backup rom beacuse i have 2 mitac and 1 have a recently rom version that correct any bug.My intention is to backup one phone and upgrade the other.

I hoped that someone knew a system in order to make it, in other model it is possible..

• 1 month later...
Guest schriss
Thank's for reply, i see that mitac don't release rom; i think this is very stupid but is only my opinion.

I want backup rom beacuse i have 2 mitac and 1 have a recently rom version that correct any bug.My intention is to backup one phone and upgrade the other.

I hoped that someone knew a system in order to make it, in other model it is possible..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried the ROMreader here?

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=200094

please post results... I'd like to upgrade my ROM, it's the oldest there is.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

use this tool to backup the rom of your 8390!

use Microsoft ActiveSync to sync your 8390!

double chick the file for tool "backup.bat"

wait some minute you will get file "rombackup.bin"(32MB)

8390 backup rom get it!~

• 2 months later...
Guest vetonsh

For no reason, my device is blocked during the boot, with that girl's picture. I tried contacting Mio, but they are waist of time and they never replied to email.

I think that if I update the rom I might repair it. Is there any chance anyone could send me working rom for 8390 with instructions how to upload it?

Tripple thanx in advance.

V. 8)

• 1 month later...
Guest schriss
use this tool to backup the rom of your 8390!

use Microsoft ActiveSync to sync your 8390!

double chick the file for tool "backup.bat"

wait some minute you will get file "rombackup.bin"(32MB)

8390 backup rom get it!~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The link to the backup tool is gone...

but I could use grab it,

[EDIT: grabit works on WM5 devices only.]

How do you flash this BIN file back to the phone, anyway?

Edited by schriss

Guest Pondrew

@schriss, where in the forum rules does it say you can ignore the 'linking to other forums' rule if you add extra spaces? :roll:

Post edited, please do not break the rules again as we can only give so many warnings :evil:

Guest schriss
@schriss, where in the forum rules does it say you can ignore the 'linking to other forums' rule if you add extra spaces?  :roll:

Post edited, please do not break the rules again as we can only give so many warnings  :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apologies, I just don't like any form of censorship, which does not help in gaining knowledge. It always reminds me times on inquisition...

Anyway, how can I convert BIN to NBF or anything usable?

• 4 years later...