• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Backup rom

13 posts in this topic

Posted

How can i backup rom of mitac 8390??

Anyone know it??

Posted

How can i backup rom of mitac 8390??

Anyone know it??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as I know it's not possible. Mitac doesn't have anything available to back up a rom. Besides, it's rom, what's to back up? It's not going anywhere. If you try to flash the phone with some other rom (mitac hasn't and probably never will release an update, assuming they're still in business), it will most likely turn it into an expensive paperweight so there's no point in backing it up.

Posted

As far as I know it's not possible. Mitac doesn't have anything available to back up a rom. Besides, it's rom, what's to back up? It's not going anywhere. If you try to flash the phone with some other rom (mitac hasn't and probably never will release an update, assuming they're still in business), it will most likely turn it into an expensive paperweight so there's no point in backing it up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank's for reply, i see that mitac don't release rom; i think this is very stupid but is only my opinion.

I want backup rom beacuse i have 2 mitac and 1 have a recently rom version that correct any bug.My intention is to backup one phone and upgrade the other.

I hoped that someone knew a system in order to make it, in other model it is possible..

Posted

Thank's for reply, i see that mitac don't release rom; i think this is very stupid but is only my opinion.

I want backup rom beacuse i have 2 mitac and 1 have a recently rom version that correct any bug.My intention is to backup one phone and upgrade the other.

I hoped that someone knew a system in order to make it, in other model it is possible..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried the ROMreader here?

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=200094

please post results... I'd like to upgrade my ROM, it's the oldest there is.

Posted

Have you tried the ROMreader here?

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=200094

please post results... I'd like to upgrade my ROM, it's the oldest there is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yes, i'm the first that have post a result..The problem is that this software can only upgrade phone and don't read the rom from it.

Posted

Oh,, thanks ....

Posted

4 U

Posted

use this tool to backup the rom of your 8390!

use Microsoft ActiveSync to sync your 8390!

double chick the file for tool "backup.bat"

wait some minute you will get file "rombackup.bin"(32MB)

8390 backup rom get it!~

Posted

For no reason, my device is blocked during the boot, with that girl's picture. I tried contacting Mio, but they are waist of time and they never replied to email.

I think that if I update the rom I might repair it. Is there any chance anyone could send me working rom for 8390 with instructions how to upload it?

Tripple thanx in advance.

V. 8)

Posted (edited)

use this tool to backup the rom of your 8390!

use Microsoft ActiveSync to sync your 8390!

double chick the file for tool "backup.bat"

wait some minute you will get file "rombackup.bin"(32MB)

8390 backup rom get it!~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The link to the backup tool is gone...

but I could use grab it,

[EDIT: grabit works on WM5 devices only.]

How do you flash this BIN file back to the phone, anyway?

Edited by Pondrew

Posted

@schriss, where in the forum rules does it say you can ignore the 'linking to other forums' rule if you add extra spaces? :roll:

Post edited, please do not break the rules again as we can only give so many warnings :evil:

Posted

@schriss, where in the forum rules does it say you can ignore the 'linking to other forums' rule if you add extra spaces?  :roll:

Post edited, please do not break the rules again as we can only give so many warnings  :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apologies, I just don't like any form of censorship, which does not help in gaining knowledge. It always reminds me times on inquisition...

Anyway, how can I convert BIN to NBF or anything usable?