Application unlocking - Over the air

Guest squall

What its for

This guide allows you to application unlock your device, allowing it to run applications that otherwise may not run due to extra secutiry measures added to the device by some carriers.

Is it safe?

The procedure in its own right is safe, you wont break your phone by following the steps to unlock.

You should be aware that you are removing security features of the device, so after unlocking your phone may not stop an application from running which can have a bad effect. However there is no gaurentee that a similar program could not have a similar effect and run on a locked phone.

I think the best defence against badly coded programs is a forum like MoDaCo. If you are not sure of the source of a file you can ask, hopefully another memeber will have delt with It before and can give reassurance regarding the safety of the file.

Does it have a lasting effect?

No - you can relock your device via the unlock site. Hard resetting your device also relocks the device.

How to:

After reading the above click the link below to visit the unlock site. On that site you may notice there is no mention of the c500, however this doesnt stop it working.

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

Select "Disable Certificate Security"

Then click proceed

Next read and agree to the terms and conditions

Enter phone details as required then click OK

At this point you have to connect your phone to the internet, If you are in the uk you can use pass through, outside uk then you must connect via pass through (put phone in cradle and allow the phone to connect using the pc's connection.

After connecting to the net you should get this message on the phone confirming unlock

Thats all. your phone is now unlocked!

Discussion, help and advice in the thread HERE

• 2 weeks later...
What its for

This guide allows you to application unlock your device, allowing it to run applications that otherwise may not run due to extra secutiry measures added to the device by some carriers.

Is it safe?

The procedure in its own right is safe, you wont break your phone by following the steps to unlock.

You should be aware that you are removing security features of the device, so after unlocking your phone may not stop an application from running which can have a bad effect. However there is no gaurentee that a similar program could not have a similar effect and run on a locked phone.

I think the best defence against badly coded programs is a forum like MoDaCo. If you are not sure of the source of a file you can ask, hopefully another memeber will have delt with It before and can give reassurance regarding the safety of the file.

Does it have a lasting effect?

No - you can relock your device via the unlock site. Hard resetting your device also relocks the device.

How to:

After reading the above click the link below to visit the unlock site. On that site you may notice there is no mention of the c500, however this doesnt stop it working.

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

Select "Disable Certificate Security"

Then click proceed

Next read and agree to the terms and conditions

Enter phone details as required then click OK

At this point you have to connect your phone to the internet, If you are in the uk you can use pass through, outside uk then you must connect via pass through (put phone in cradle and allow the phone to connect using the pc's connection.

After connecting to the net you should get this message on the phone confirming unlock

Thats all. your phone is now unlocked!

Discussion, help and advice in the thread HERE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is there any other way

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Worked for me as well but only via direct GPRS access of the orange site. My C500 won't connect via passthrough though I was able to do this before on my SAP.

I tried it thrice on my C500. First two attempts were unsuccessful but the last one, I only provided phone number and IMEI then after a couple of seconds, the confirmation window (in English and French) popped. Now, phone is app-unlocked. :D

Will it cost me thousands of pesos for the data bill? I hope not. :D

Did it 3 times. Received the confirmation that security has been disabled 3 times. Yet, I'm unable to run a program (securityOFF by metropical). It gives me the "...program cannot start because it is not digitally signed..." error message. Or is there another way to change the RAPI mode in order to change the date settings in the registry?

Ok, I finally received the security disable file directly from Orange. Ran it on my phone, received the confirmation that my phone is "security disabled". Yet, I can't access some of the files via my registry editor? Why is that?

All I want to do is change my long date settings in HKLM/nls/overrides/SLDte but that value/key is simply not showing up?

Any ideas?

Doesnt sound like a restriction that the application secutiry would cause...

The application lock stops you editing things in the registery, it doesnt stop you viewing them per say

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering doing this to my phone, but the one question I have, which i cannot find anywhere, is does unocking your phone affect warranty? I've had my phone a couple of months and its insured, and i'm not entirely sure what the warranty is anyway. Can someone enlighten me?

• 1 month later...
Guest krung

I have an SPV c500 but Orange doesn't have my EMEI in their database. All the rest was working fine. I even installed the reg-utility they have. I wrote to the support, but i think there is not much i can do. Is it because it is a c500, which isn't mentioned in the list of phones?

Has anyone had the same problem of not being in their database and still been able to disable the certificate security?

Regarding not being able to surf via the "connect through", while being cradled, i had the samme issue, until i changed the internet connection propperty from automatic to "pass through" under Settings -> Data connections, where i set the "internet connection" to "Pass throuhg connection".

Guest xelar

It works fine with the C500, even though it's not listed. However, it took me several (meaning at least 10 over the air and 10 using the utility Orange emailed me) until it was finally unlocked. I don't know which method finally worked, but it's done. So my advise is: keep on trying.

Guest squall
I have an SPV c500 but Orange doesn't have my EMEI in their database. All the rest was working fine. I even installed the reg-utility they have. I wrote to the support, but i think there is not much i can do. Is it because it is a c500, which isn't mentioned in the list of phones?

Has anyone had the same problem of not being in their database and still been able to disable the certificate security?

Regarding not being able to surf via the "connect through", while being cradled, i had the samme issue, until i changed the internet connection propperty from automatic to "pass through" under Settings -> Data connections, where i set the "internet connection" to "Pass throuhg connection".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

support can write a custom unlock util for you even though the c500 is not listed on the site. Just need to wait for them to reply and all should be well :D

Guest mdecember

Hi !!

I was able to unlock my Orange SPV using this method and was sucessful at that.

Also I upgraded the ROM to v1.6 from Orange Site (which had no reference whatsoever) and also a ROM Patcher that Patched the .NB ( I think) file during ROM upgrade and now I can run any software on my Orange(if you lease) SPV.

Thanx to ya.

Guest scottishdave

I have a similar problem as Krung exepct I originally had my phone unlocked and they did have my IMEI after a reset I needed to do it again. Except this time they don't have my IMEI on record.

What's going on?

Guest nicktids

Just got orange to send me the unlocking tool and runs great can unlock it to both low security which they tell me

corresponds to the security set by the web-based Certificate Security Disabling procedure (formerly called Unlocking)

and Security Disabled is there any difference between the 2 as i'm new to this whole smartphone scene and still learning what i can do with the phone now its unlocked.

Guest xspyda

Can any one tell me what address I should email to get hold of the unlocking app please? Do they respond fairly quickly? Ie - same day?

Cheers.

Guest nicktids
1. Your handset has connected to the Internet at least once

Connection to the Internet enables us to automatically register your handset's details, so that your handset is identified prior to changing its Certificate Security.

If this is not the case, please make an Internet connection now.

2. You have connected to the Internet and you still cannot unlock

You will need to download a short Registry application, which will initiate full registration of your handset.

Click here for Registry application.

3. You have submitted a Registry application and you still cannot unlock

Occasionally this error occurs. In this instance you can contact Orange support services direct via the link below and we will ensure that your problem is rectified.

To enable us to help you efficiently please include the following details in your email to us:

Full name 

Name of Organisation (if applicable)

The Mobile Number of the SPV to be unlocked

Daytime Contact Number

Daytime email address

Whether you downloaded the Registry application from this page

[email protected]

straight from the orange site when it says its failed to register you obviously didn't read it

Guest carmel
straight from the orange site when it says its failed to register you obviously didn't read it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

be sure to state the imei no of your phone. The link doesnt request it , but Orange developers do. I had a reply within hours of emailing them, and phone unlocked as if by magic!

Guest Rapier
Can any one tell me what address I should email to get hold of the unlocking app please? Do they respond fairly quickly? Ie - same day?

Cheers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi xspyda,

If your problem is not solved yet, here it is the mail address to use :

[email protected]

This is the address to which I wrote my details (phone no, name, e-mail). I got a reply in couple of hours asking for my IMEI. I send that one and I got the application next day in my mailbox. It's pretty simple, it's only asking you to select the security level on the phone (three options available: low security, disabled security and enabled security) and pressing "change" button. It is great that you can use it any time and you are not dependant on the Orange developers site or the internet connection.

Hope it helped

Guest Dancorp
I got the application next day in my mailbox.

Can u send me this application ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Dancorp