Application unlocking - Over the air

Guest squall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
What its for

This guide allows you to application unlock your device, allowing it to run applications that otherwise may not run due to extra secutiry measures added to the device by some carriers.

Is it safe?

The procedure in its own right is safe, you wont break your phone by following the steps to unlock.

You should be aware that you are removing security features of the device, so after unlocking your phone may not stop an application from running which can have a bad effect. However there is no gaurentee that a similar program could not have a similar effect and run on a locked phone.

I think the best defence against badly coded programs is a forum like MoDaCo. If you are not sure of the source of a file you can ask, hopefully another memeber will have delt with It before and can give reassurance regarding the safety of the file.

Does it have a lasting effect?

No - you can relock your device via the unlock site. Hard resetting your device also relocks the device.

How to:

After reading the above click the link below to visit the unlock site. On that site you may notice there is no mention of the c500, however this doesnt stop it working.

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx

Select "Disable Certificate Security"

Then click proceed

Next read and agree to the terms and conditions

Enter phone details as required then click OK

At this point you have to connect your phone to the internet, If you are in the uk you can use pass through, outside uk then you must connect via pass through (put phone in cradle and allow the phone to connect using the pc's connection.

After connecting to the net you should get this message on the phone confirming unlock

Thats all. your phone is now unlocked!

Discussion, help and advice in the thread HERE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a SPV E200 i am from Denmark and having a Danish phone. It work fine for me to. Thx for that.

regards Skalke

• 10 months later...
Guest C600Madness

I'm having real problems application unlocking my C600, maybe because it's so new?

The IMEI doesnt appear to be registered at Orange for some reason. The register app on that Dev site doesnt work.

I tried sending an email to [email protected] but that address no longer exists. After looking at this page I forwarded the email to [email protected] I hope someone gets it!

:rolleyes:

Been trying to call Orange to get my IMEI registered but the phones are either always busy or their computers are down so they can't do anything!!! Orange has been crud ever since they started offering broadband - BAH. <_<

Guest C600Madness

When you click to run the Action Register app it just shuts really quickly so you dont have a chance to enter in any numbers etc. You can briefly see a black screen showing info.

Bah.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help me im very confused, i wanted to sim unlock my SPV C500, it said that i had to application unlock my phone b4 i can sim unlock it. So i read through the stages in this article on how to application unlock, i get a page saying default on the other website, and i dnt really know ho to connect through passthough the settings on the phone are connect through passthrough and it is connected via usb but all i get when i connect to the internet is "orange world" "You've entered an address for Orange World which will only work on an orange phone???" what does that mean?

• 1 month later...
Just got orange to send me the unlocking tool and runs great can unlock it to both low security which they tell me

and Security Disabled is there any difference between the 2 as i'm new to this whole smartphone scene and still learning what i can do with the phone now its unlocked.

I am trying to unlock my SPV E200 and cannot get it to work via the online orange method! I have tried it via my PC and also using the phone to connect to the website via GPRS and do it that way.

Where can i get this unlocking tool for the phone?

Regards

Geoff Warnock

Guest Disco Stu

Hi Geoff

Welcome to the forum :)

It is not uncommon for the procedure to take repeated goes before you receive the confirmation. You might also want to look at this alternative :

http://www.modaco.com/This-is-how-to-app-u...ne-t206929.html

The official Orange site changed address, did you use this one ?

http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdef.aspx

Guest colinfisher

can u help my unlock a mpx200 on orange cheers colin

What its for

This guide allows you to application unlock your device, allowing it to run applications that otherwise may not run due to extra secutiry measures added to the device by some carriers.

Is it safe?

The procedure in its own right is safe, you wont break your phone by following the steps to unlock.

You should be aware that you are removing security features of the device, so after unlocking your phone may not stop an application from running which can have a bad effect. However there is no gaurentee that a similar program could not have a similar effect and run on a locked phone.

I think the best defence against badly coded programs is a forum like MoDaCo. If you are not sure of the source of a file you can ask, hopefully another memeber will have delt with It before and can give reassurance regarding the safety of the file.

No - you can relock your device via the unlock site. Hard resetting your device also relocks the device.

How to:

After reading the above click the link below to visit the unlock site. On that site you may notice there is no mention of the c500, however this doesnt stop it working.

Then click proceed

At this point you have to connect your phone to the internet, If you are in the uk you can use pass through, outside uk then you must connect via pass through (put phone in cradle and allow the phone to connect using the pc's connection.

After connecting to the net you should get this message on the phone confirming unlock

• 2 years later...
Guest AZdonna04

Unlocking Code For Omnia i910:

I am trying to get a code to unlock an Omnia i910 to work on a different carrier. All the websites ask for a 15-17 digit IMEI number but the only code inside my phone is a 14 digit ESN number. Instructions on these sites also state that you can dial *#06# and this number will appear but all I get is a voice recording from Verizon saying “please hold while your call is transferred to an external operator”. Can someone help? I am in the USA with Alltel and this is a Verizon phone; thank you!

What its for

Is it safe?

How to:

Then click proceed