• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

iMate Jam Camera Patch now available

33 posts in this topic

Posted

[Edit by Paul [MVP]: Originally posted in our HTC Magician area here]

[Edit 2 by Paul [MVP]: Sample pics added further down in topic]

http://www.rapyemen.org/JAM_Camera_Patch_V1.03.1.0.CAB

I found this link on another forum, you can also download from www.ClubiMate.com if you're a member;

http://www.clubimate.com/index.asp?PageAction=DEVICE_JAM_CAM

Try it and see!

The patch improves the responsiveness of the camera when the shutter button is pressed. Settings to improve the sensitivity of the camera under normal light conditions are also modified by this patch

I'll be trying it when I get my Jam tomorrow :D

Posted

Will this patch work on a C500 or is not needed?

Posted

no, it's specifically for the Jam.

Posted

anyone tried it on a qtek s100? they should be thesame, right?

Posted

WOW that made loads of difference im well happy no more 'snow'.

just a note tho you need to restart your phone before the changes will take effect coz i didnt think it did anything at first :D

Posted

:D glad to hear it MECX. On my way to work now, Jam should be there before 9, can't wait!!!

Posted

Hate to be the one to pour cold water on the excitement, but I have not noticed any difference to the camera quality at lower light at all. Doesnt seem to have made a blind bit of difference.... :-(

Posted

I've installed the patch, and it gave me some weird white-spot behaviour in the camera app, but the taken pics when viewed on a PC or with SPB Imageer definitely seem better.

I'll post some samples shortly...

P

Posted

A couple of quick sample pics taken on the way to work today :D

P

post-1-1105612982_thumb.jpg post-1-1105612970_thumb.jpg

Posted

The daytime (bright light) shots were always good on the Jam anyway though, werent they, its the (even slightly) poor light shots where it falls down. I would be interested in seeing some samples taken in lower light conditions with the patch installed.

Also, where did the patch come from? I installed it last night on blind faith, but is it an official Imate patch?

Posted

Yes, it's on the official ClubiMate site.

P

Posted

Cheers Paul

Posted

it seems (according to my phone, and the imate support reps) that on some handsets it appears to make bugger all difference.

Paul, what Rom are you using please?

Posted

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?p=81778#81778

you might want to try the upgrade files from ammar in this post... later camera app version, and has improved the situation for me, even though the upgrade I posted didn't...

Just an option :D

Posted

I'm using the UK version of the ROM from the ClubiMate site...

P

Posted

That app version actually seems older... which camera app version are you running now?

P

Posted (edited)

mine's version 2.70, build 18387, and the dark pictures are shocking. The light ones are OK, tho.

See examples below...

post-2662-1105644685_thumb.jpg

post-2662-1105645332_thumb.jpg

Edited by siksik6

Posted

I do not like peoples with jams, from now!

Posted

Mine seems to have 2.70 18177...

P

Posted

thats the version mine was on out of the box, and after i applied the imate fix. Thing is, it didn't make any difference to the pictures.

WHat are your low light pictures like?

Posted

Which language version do you have?

My low light pictures are pretty poor too...

P

Posted

Which language version do you have?

My low light pictures are pretty poor too...

P

Posted

the UK one from expansys...

Posted

its really frustrating because all they need to do is get shot of those stupid blue dots, and it'll be fine, apart from that the camera's great. The video in good lighting is awesome!

Posted

mine's version 2.70, build 18387, and the dark pictures are shocking. The light ones are OK, tho.

See examples below...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My c500 can do sharper pics than that?!

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.