Blue Angel rom versions

Guest Pondrew

Guest Pondrew

Hi all,

I did a bit of research online today trying to find out what the chances of T-Mobile releasing an updated rom for the MDA III given how old the current one is and the recent releases of roms from other Blue Angel providers.

I hear that there is already an updated T-Mobile MDA III Rom in Germany and that T-Mobile UK have indicated it'll be released here in about a month but there's no fixed date.

Anyway, it got me wondering both what the rom version numbers mean (Smartphone rom numbers indicate country of origin, update number, etc) and what roms the M2000 and XDAIIs is running?

If anyone is interested my MDA III rom details including bluetooth stack are:

ROM version: 1.06.00 ENG

ROM date: 08/05/04

Radio version: 1.00.00

Protocol version: 1337.30

ExtROM version 1.06.117 WWE (anyone know what the WWE means?)

Bluetooth: BT-PPC/PE Version 1.0.0 Build 1900

Edited by Pondrew

If anyone is interested my MDA III rom details including bluetooth stack are:

ROM version: 1.06.00 ENG

ROM date: 08/05/04

Radio version: 1.00.00

Protocol version: 1337.30

ExtROM version 1.06.117 WWE (anyone know what the WWE means?)

Bluetooth: BT-PPC/PE Version 1.0.0 Build 1900

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My XDA2s came with that awful bluetooth stack. Go to my page here and get the o2 released bluetooth patch, lots of people on other brand have installed this - SUCH an improvement

I'm running XDA2s variant with:

ROM version: 1.12.62 WWE (the one that came on my phone)

ROM date: 10/04/04 (shocked how old that is!)

Radio version: 1.02.00

Protocol version: 1337.32

ExtROM version: 1.12.178 WWE

Bluetooth: BT-PPC/PE Version 1.0.0 Build 3500

WWE stands for World Wide English I believe

Rumour has it that there'll be a newer version of a rom soon from someone with BT 1.5.0 which is supposed to be proper, does everything, less bugs type BT. Mine is quite usable now with build 3500 so I'll be curious what else the new one will do!

Edited by sazoo

Guest Pondrew

Interesting stuff sazoo.

I suspect the ENG in the T-Mobile rom means it's the ENGlish rom version (because I know there's a German edition). In which case I suspect WWE stands for World Wide Edition.

Guest rickyburke

im still not able to send files from file explorer by bluetooth.

very annoying!!!! comes up with the sending screen like the e200/c500 where u can choose infrared or bluetooth, but doesnt discover any bluetooth devices, and before you ask, all phones have bluetooth on and discoverable.

Annoying!

Guest Pondrew
im still not able to send files from file explorer by bluetooth.

very annoying!!!! comes up with the sending screen like the e200/c500 where u can choose infrared or bluetooth, but doesnt discover any bluetooth devices, and before you ask, all phones have bluetooth on and discoverable.

Annoying!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've sent and received files from my MDA III to (and from) both a Nokia (the strange square 3 phone that can't do voicecalls) and a SE T610 without problems. I used bluetooth manager if it helps...

I've sent and received files from my MDA III to (and from) both a Nokia (the strange square 3 phone that can't do voicecalls) and a SE T610 without problems. I used bluetooth manager if it helps...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I couldnt send using file explorer, but have downloaded a trial of Resco File Explorer, and that has Right click -> send to -> bluetooth recipient type option and it DOES find the recipients.

Am very likely going to buy this software.

Guest jrsmooth

I have a Cingular Siemens SX66, and here is my version:

ROM version: 1.20.10 WWE

ROM date: 10/08/04

Radio version: 1.02.10

Protocol version: 1337.35

ExtROM version 1.20.115 WWE

I think WWE stands for World Wide Edition.

Guest Pondrew

Seems to me as if T-Mobile have got the oldest rom available! And the lowest radio stack version! What's with that?

Edited by Pondrew

Guest zarquon

My M2000 reports the following:

Operator version: 5.12.1.139

ROM version: 1.22.22 WWE

ROM date: 09/27/04

Radio version: 1.04.10

Protocol version: 1337.35

ExtROM version: 1.12.139 WWE

Bluetooth: BT-PPC/PE Version 1.0.0 Build 2200

oh and the OS is Windows Mobile 2003 Second edition, Version 4.21.1088 (Build 14132)

Guest raiderz

I updated my Rom to what it is in my sig, it has better bluetooth with not as much crackling, apart from that other than updated MMS and Caller ID in the Ext Rom can't really notice much difference from the original Rom.

Guest jrsmooth
I updated my Rom to what it is in my sig, it has better bluetooth with not as much crackling, apart from that other than updated MMS and Caller ID in the Ext Rom can't really notice much difference from the original Rom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there a place you can download the ROM and flash it myself? Also, will the rom for PDA2K work for my SX66? Thanks.

Guest Pondrew

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats your bluetooth stack version Raiderz?

Guest jrsmooth

raiderz, thanks for the link, but I am still too newbie to flash the rom. Can you or somebody tell me where to get the OEM ROM, aka, not carrier specified, and a step by step guide on doing this?

Thanks.

Guest ichilton
raiderz, thanks for the link, but I am still too newbie to flash the rom. Can you or somebody tell me where to get the OEM ROM, aka, not carrier specified, and a step by step guide on doing this?

I'd be interested in this too if anyone knows of one.

Does the latest batches from Orange not have the latest versions already in then?

Does the "Orange Update" application update the roms then? - i've had this app on my Treo 600 and never had an update in a whole year!!

--ian

Guest Pondrew
I'd be interested in this too if anyone knows of one.

Does the latest batches from Orange not have the latest versions already in then?

Does the "Orange Update" application update the roms then? - i've had this app on my Treo 600 and never had an update in a whole year!!

--ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shortly after they originally released the M2000 last November Orange released a rom update which, like Smartphone rom updates, had to be downloaded onto your PC and installed through activesync. As far as I know no further update has been released and I'd be surprised if it was possible to update ota.

Guest jrsmooth
Shortly after they originally released the M2000 last November Orange released a rom update which, like Smartphone rom updates, had to be downloaded onto your PC and installed through activesync. As far as I know no further update has been released and I'd be surprised if it was possible to update ota.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I wanted to backup my current ROM before I do anything, is this possible?

Second, I know it can't be done OTA, but what is the best ROM, in your opionion, for SX66?

Third, has anyone did the ROM update with the SX66? If you can share it that will be great.

JR

Guest ichilton

So where do you download this update? - i.e where did they release it?

Does the new batch orange are shipping include this update?

So that latest update? - what are the outstanding bugs on it?

When I get my M2000 (hopefully this week!), do I need to apply any updates? - if so, which ones and how?

Thanks

--ian

Guest Pondrew

The newly in stock M2000 has an altogether new rom. The old one (it's on the Orange website - or at least it still was in December) released back in November is worth avoiding I believe as it had issues back then and is obviously out of date now... If you want it though there's a thread in the Blue Angel forum.

Guest ichilton
The newly in stock M2000 has an altogether new rom.

Ah, ok - so you're saying i'm better off leaving well alone and leaving it as it is?

Are there any known bugs I should be aware of?

The old one (it's on the Orange website - or at least it still was in December)

Do you have the url handy - i'm interested to keep an eye out for any new versions which come along.

Thanks

--ian

Guest Pondrew

Strange, I've searched on the Orange site and on here and can't find it anywhere. Only update I've found was the M1000 one which is obviously useless for the Blue Angel. Sorry guys, maybe I imagined it.

Anyway, as soon as Orange release an update it'll be announced on here so stay tuned!

Guest ichilton

Ah, ok.

If all these new ones are now coming out with the new rom, i'd expect them to release it on the web site for the people who've had them since Dec - otherwise they are going to end up getting a lot back for replacement I would expect.

--ian

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my M2000 yesterday, and it's running:

Operator Version 5.31.1.124

ROM Versn 1.31.00 WWE

ROM date 12/13/04

Radio Versn 1.06.02

Protocol Versn 1337.38

ExtROM Versn 1.31.124.WWE

BT v1.0.0 Build 3500

Edited by Ian

Guest dazultra2000

Operator Version 5.12.1.139

ROM Versn 1.12.22 WWE

ROM date 09/27/04

Radio Versn 1.04.00

Protocal Versn 1337.35

ExtROM Versn 1.12.139.WWE

BT v1.0.0 Build 2200

Guest Pondrew
Operator Version  5.12.1.139

ROM Versn            1.12.22 WWE

ROM date            09/27/04

Radio Versn          1.04.00

Protocal Versn      1337.35

ExtROM Versn      1.12.139.WWE

BT  v1.0.0  Build 2200

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this an O2 XDA2s?

Oh, and I don't suppose anyone has the Siemens SX** Blue Angel (can't remember the number!)? Just that I'd like to find out what version it has and if the new Siemens rom posted in a recent thread is the most recent rom available. If so I wonder what the improvements are?