Stock Issues

Guest alanrenouf

Guest philgriffiths

Erm. havent you missed off "already upgraded with orange and am happy with their service"

Otherwise the poll is a bit one sided. I Personally upgraded to an M2000 in december and am completely satisfied with the service i recieved. apart from the fact you have to threaten to leave to get the best deal of course

Guest jharvey00
Erm. havent you missed off "already upgraded with orange and am happy with their service"

Otherwise the poll is a bit one sided. I Personally upgraded to an M2000 in december and am completely satisfied with the service i recieved. apart from the fact you have to threaten to leave to get the best deal of course

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the point is that no-one can get hold of these "mysterious" devices - how did you become such a lucky chap?! :D

Guest thelondonthing

I upgraded my contract on the promise of a new M2000 at the beginning of the next billing cycle; the CSR told me that he could process the upgrade immediately, but couldn't order the handset until the next billing cycle (four days later) - something to do with the fact that I was bumping my contract up to Premier.

Seven weeks later and I'm locked into a contract, and I get a different answer every time I call to ask when I can get my hands on my handset. I've been told "next billing cycle", "next week", "in a few weeks", and "handset withdrawn", and also been told that I'll need to pay an upgrade fee of £175 (despite being told that bumping up to Premier would get me the handset for £99, as well as being informed that there would be no charge for the handset, a charge of £375 for the handset, and that I'm not eligible for the handset as I'm not a business customer, and would therefore have to pay the full handset cost price of £440+VAT.

Orange don't seem to care as long as I keep spending money while I'm bound by this contract. I'm bored of it all now; the novelty's worn off.

Guest RussellH

I'm kind of with Phil on this one. I was one of the lucky people who managed to upgrade to the M2000 on the day of release, before stocks ran out. Although, I'm also waiting for stocks to come back in, because I had to claim on the insurance after an accident. I haven't voted in the poll though, as I feel this would distort the figures. I am however fed up with the long wait for the replacement. To anyone though that's waiting for their first M2000 - hold on in there, it's well worth the wait. The M2000 is just brilliant.

Guest philgriffiths
I think the point is that no-one can get hold of these "mysterious" devices - how did you become such a lucky chap?!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just got lucky I suppose. :D I still think the poll should include a happy with Orange option. It may be the case that few people would poll this response but without the option the poll is completley one sided and a bit unfair on orange. Without it Orange can easily discount the poll as meaningless simply because it does not say how many people are happy compared to unhappy. If you follow me

Guest RussellH

Couldn't agree more Phil. Despite being stressed out with the stock issues, it isn't Orange's fault that I bust my phone. I'd love to know why they've had so much trouble getting them back in stock though. Clearly, they must have had some kind of problem. Despite this, I still find OCS staff very helpful. Even when I show signs of extreme stress, they still do their best to help. It's just that there's nothing more they can do. Despite this, I have no plans to go elsewhere. Good service goes a long way in my book.

Guest mhanbury

Was currently with O2 but looking to move to Orange because they're supposed to have better customer service!!! Well after the way they've been fobbing me off about they should be in soon all the time since the start of december I've just upgraded my current contract with O2 and waiting for the XDAii2.

Guest dazultra2000

I'm stuck here, because I started a new contract with an M2000, and it got damaged, so now I'm waiting for a replacement.

If you ask my opinion I'm utterly furious, and given the chance I'd swap to another network straight away...but I'm tied into this damned contract now :D

Guest RussellH

Hi Dazultra2000. You could argue that you're only tied in because you upgraded to a product that they cannot now replace. You pay insurance to have it replaced if damaged, so are they not in breach of their side of the contract? Although I'm in exactly the same position, Orange have done everything they can to help me. They've tried to get hold of a replacement, they've sent me a temporary loan phone (sadly not an M2000), and have promosed to phone me as soon as they get stock in. It's not ideal, but the staff themselves do seem to be trying their best. They simply can't send me what they don't have.

Edited by RussellH

Guest Chaser81
I'm stuck here, because I started a new contract with an M2000, and it got damaged, so now I'm waiting for a replacement.

If you ask my opinion I'm utterly furious, and given the chance I'd swap to another network straight away...but I'm tied into this damned contract now :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with RussellH on this one, steady on there fella! It isnt Orange's fault that you bust your phone and they're out of stock. Frustrating yes, but not their fault. You will have to put up with it until they get em back in stock, and remember not to break your next one!! :D

Guest dazultra2000

Same situation. I have a P910i in the meantime (which is what I'm guessing you have too)

Problem is I bought the M2000 cos of wifi, qwerty, decent app support etc, and now I have a P910i (which they tried to tell me I accepted as a permanent replacement!)

I already have a P800 and a P900, so the P910i is of no use to me whatsoever.

Orange HAVE had phones, but brand new replacements, not refurbishments - which is all that I am entitled to as I damaged my handset myself (although it was 100% accidental)

I was told I'd get a brand new one, but in the end they refused. Supposedly their legal department said yes, but the computer system said no.

So now I have to wait for a refurbished one - which means I have to wait until someone in the public gets one (could be ages!) and then it breaks, gets sent back and repaired before I get it!

Could be never.

As you can imagine, I am VERY angry with this.

PS. My anger isn't that they don't have any, but rather that I was promised a brand new replacement by FOUR members of their CS department, and yet I was denied and actually told that they lied to me.

Hows that for customer service?

Edited by dazultra2000

Guest RussellH

My temporary replacement is indeed a Sony Ericsson P910i. It's still in the box though, as I only accepted it because it guaranteed me a phone call back when stocks come back in. I've been told I will definitely get a replacement when the next batch of stocks arrive, and that this should be very soon. I asked about refurbished handsets. They told me that because the product is so new, there are no refurbished ones, and therefore they would need to send me a brand new one. It's just that there are no new ones in stock yet. If they change their story now, I will be using my position in the media to great advantage, and have told them so.

Guest dazultra2000

Well you may be interested to know that they HAVE had brand new replacements. They got some on the 13th I think and they were there for about a week.

I happen to be privvy to this information (don't ask how) and so that's what caused me to ring orange to demand one. After about 18 hours on the phone over the course of the next 2 days, I reached the conclusion that I wouldn't get one.

They said that I would get a brand new one, but the system just plain couldn't authorise it. I was lied to, and was subsequently angry.

Sounds like you've been told the same lies as me, and I suggest you ring up and confirm this, with at least 3 CS reps, including a helpdesk manager and supervisor. If possible, ask for Jane Francis, as she was who told me the be all and end all of the story.

And if you do decide to escalate this...let me know!

Guest RussellH

I have been speaking to a representative of Orange's media department this week about replacement issues with the M2000, and although he has declined to comment on air personally, he is looking to resolve this issue, and says this will be next week. It's only fair that I wait until next week before chasing this up. We have also discussed the fact that different customers have been told different things. I will however mention your case to him. It would help if you could let me know where abouts in the UK you are. Just the county will do, and I'll see what I can do.

Guest RussellH

Hi dazultra2000. My media contact is not back in the office until Monday, so I'll speak to him then. After several years as an Orange customer, I do have faith in this reaching a satisfactory conclusion. I've always found Orange to be first class when it comes to customer service, even if they do need the occasional kick up the backside! In fact, I've been suffieciently impressed that I started a thread to that effect on this forum recently. I'll keep you posted.

Guest Wozbacca

<<< just wanted this ni this thread too as its applicaable >>>>>

if theres anyone here who has resisted the temptation to leave orange, i spoke to OCS today and they've said that they have started distributing the handsets they have reserved for the customers who'd arranged a call back.

so we should hear in the next few days

<>

ok, scrap that i thought i'd phone back to see what they said a second time and the guy in retensions has said that they have no m2000 in at all they havent been in testing, they havent been facilitating back orders and they have no idea when they are coming in either. on top of that, the free upgrade i was offered in November has for some reason been lost and i was under the impression that i was put on a list to be called back or txt'd back when they came in stock. but again for whatever reason, thats been lost too. f*cking great!

im trying really really hard to stay with orange, but to be honest, i don't know why anymore. no one knows anything and its a ball ache and a half to get what you want!

<<>>

if anyone gets any idea who the hell is in charge of this shambles then let me know cos they deserve a slap!

every OCS person I've spoken to has said that they will ensure it and they are 100% and that they each have reasons to know the correct answer.

its doing my nut in! if anyone hears anything let me know!

Guest noogie bear

Hi

Well my mda3 on t mobile came today and its fab. I got a better deal than orange anyway so im glad i didnt wait. Just need to work it all out now how to use it.

Cheers

I've been watching this thread with interest. I am waiting for a callback about an m2000 too, but as I have a few months left on my contract, and am still quite happy with my c500, and I'd probably rather wait for the Jam equivalent anyway, I'm not in a real panic about it, like some people are.

I think it's very interesting that this thread was started with the poll to 'show orange how much custom they are losing', or words to that effect. It's pretty funny then to see that the overwhelming majority voted that they are staying with O until they sort it out. So effectively, the poll shows Orange (as if they give a **** what we think anyway) that they have such a loyal customer base, that they will wait indefinately! :P

I completely understand anyone who took out a contract with an m2000, then when needing a replacement got told there was no stock, and there's still none 2 months later. That is ridiculous, and if it was me I'd have cancelled the contract long ago. O would not have a leg to stand on if the matter went any further, so I'd say if anyone in that position really feels they are being messed about that badly, then cancel your O contract and I doubt you'll get any major resistance.

If anyone is actually waiting to see if this thread/poll gets the attention of anyone at O, then think again my friends! :D Nobody remember the good old days of Mr. Orange? :D

There may well be people at O who read this forum, but the chances of anything happening as a result are less than zero. It has been proven time and time again that this forum holds no sway with O whatsoever. In fact, there was a rumour about an alleged replacement for Mr. O who that never materialised. Probably because Mr. Orange I, God bless him, got so much stick on the board, that most of his threads quickly decended into a slanging match! :D Which was fun at the time of course, but not very productive from O's point of view, I'm sure. :D

Guest raiderz

Well I feel sorry for all of you guys out there who can't get their hands on a M2000, all I can say is WAIT for Orange to sort themselves out...

I've had my M2000 since the 2nd December and it is absolutely spot-on, no problems at all, I think the new ones will probably have an updated ROM on it with bug patches.

So come on guys, wait for Orange to come good, you know it makes sense! Their customer support is a little iffy at times, but they are miles better than O2 and T-Mobile...

The mini HTC Magician is too new and it looks really plain and dull and it doesn't have any Wifi which is shocking!!