• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

60,000+ members with 0 posts?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Is this information correct? Going by the member list....

Amazing that out of 74,005 members (to date)...60,000 have never posted at all. An additional 10-12,000 have posted 10 posts or less. It's only about 500 members that have posted 100 posts or more each.

I've heard of lurkers....but this is an epidemic! :D No point here...I was just curious to see.

Posted

Well the stats don't lie... I guess we have a huge amount of people come hear to read / download!

P

Posted

Well the stats don't lie... I guess we have a huge amount of people come hear to read / download!

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure you're right and there are probably lots of people like me - new to smartphones, browsing the forum for info and having most/all our questions answered by searching and reading the discussions of our more experienced peers.

There, I've just made my first post and migrated from 1 in 60,000 to 1 in 10-12,000!

Posted (edited)

PS How much did the Plus membership week raise for the Tsunami effort in the end?

[i answered my own question with a simple seach!] :D

Edited by Tiny56

Posted

Welcome to the forum :D

It's good to hear that people are prepared to put in the effort to read the existing posts to find the information they need.

Having said that, we always welcome new members getting involved.

Posted

It's only about 500 members that have posted 100 posts or more each.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That makes me feel special :D

Posted

And i feel even more special for being in the even smaller group of 33 who have posted more than 1000 times :D

Posted

okay this is my first post now there are 59,999 people with out posting. This has really been a great forum to learn from. I love my 5600! Thanks for an outstanding forum!

Most Kind Regards

Posted

okay this is my first post now there are 59,999 people with out posting.  This has really been a great forum to learn from.  I love my 5600!  Thanks for an outstanding forum!

Most Kind Regards

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that.

Best Regards

Posted

if id spam id be able to get 1000 posts well fast but i dont think you guys would like it, just got my second smartphone and will be doin more stuff with it then with the last one (spv1 before - c500 now)

i might even code some stuff for it as soon as i have some spare time :D (if only i knew what to code since there is allready so much stuff out there :D)

but anyway, nice site, keep it up :D

ill be a regular here from now on :P

Posted (edited)

I dont think anyone would like you spamming, nor posting just for the sake of raising counts.

Just in case it's misinterpreted, the purpose of my post was not to solicit posts from those who wouldnt ordinarily post, nor make sport of those who dont post, or anything devious like that. I was just suprised at the ratio of "posters" to "non-posters".

What would be a cooler statistic is actual hits rather than posts. If most members dont post, then how many of them are actually active readers?

Number of guest hits.

Number of member hits.

...per day

...per week

...per month

...per member.

Edited by encece

Posted

we used to have good stats on the board, well phpbb. Not sure if there is a plugin for IB

Posted

I joined way back in 2003 (when I got my e200) but didnt actually start actively posting until about september last year when I got my C500 (mainly cause I had the e200 for such a short period of time - battery was rubbish). Having started to participate though, I cant imagine not doing so, Modaco is great, and much friendlier than other Mobile phone related boards (mentioning no names but it starts with E!)