Phone Won't Start

Guest Goatie

:D I was installing some programs on my phone last night and now I can't get the thing to bootup. It just keeps alternating between the 'Windows Mobile' and the Orange sky picture.

I overwrote the OrangeShutDown.JPG image last night and installed some applications, (Code Warrior, SMS Tools and a few games). Things seemed to be working fine last night. The only other change I made was to add my own Colour Theme by making a new XML file.

Could it be that after a reboot it's lost my XML file and thus doesn't know what colour theme to use on the homescreen?

Is there any way I can fix this without a hard reset? At the moment I can't get it to connect to my PC using activeSync.

Just had a really bad thought. All my contacts are stored on the Phone and not the SIM. Is a hard reset going to mean I lose all my contacts?

Edited by Goatie

Ok having read the other posts, I've done a hard reset and it's working fine again. Sorry for not using the search function before posting, I was just a little nervous about losing my phone details.

Edited by Goatie

Guest ga!nusha

it takes longer than a normal boot...

u should try again and wait a couple more minutes

the orange screen appears for a while then the windows screen and then it askes u to restart the phone... but it takes a while...