Firefox

Guest J273

Its probably already been said but:

I use firefox, I find it safer.

IE is too closely tied into you operating system, a security flaw in IE is potentially a hole in your OS. Purely by using different brands of browser & OS decreases the potential for viruses and hacks to affect your system.

Microsoft are a huge target for anyone will destructive intentions. They are so wide spread anyone can lay thier hands on a windows box and start figuring out what breaks it.

The less non-standard your system the more complex it is for someone to launch an attack on you. When I say non standard I dont mean install any old crud, ensure you firewall and antivirus are reputable and upto date. Beyond that mix it up a bit, if your MS through and through your just maximising your target size.

Plus update and patch regulary, the latest version of a piece of software may have holes in it but no-ones had the time to find or exploit them.

I'd rather have flawed new software than flawed old software.

Thats the way I see it anyway.

Browse Safe!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

A nice sentiment, and can help a little. But, one of the main rules of security is:

Obscurity does not equal security!

Its probably already been said but:

I use firefox, I find it safer.

IE is too closely tied into you operating system, a security flaw in IE is potentially a hole in your OS. Purely by using different brands of browser & OS decreases the potential for viruses and hacks to affect your system.

Microsoft are a huge target for anyone will destructive intentions. They are so wide spread anyone can lay thier hands on a windows box and start figuring out what breaks  it.

The less non-standard your system the more complex it is for someone to launch an attack on you. When I say non standard I dont mean install any old crud, ensure you firewall and antivirus are reputable and upto date. Beyond that mix it up a bit, if your MS  through and through your just maximising your target size.

Plus update and patch regulary, the latest version of a piece of software may have holes in it but no-ones had the time to find or exploit them.

I'd rather have flawed new software than flawed old software.

Thats the way I see it anyway.

Browse Safe!

• 6 years later...
Guest heebakutty

in my humble opinion google Chrome is the best browser, when i was using chrome, my internet browsing was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed

http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/

and it was normal 5Mbps too, i was using firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .

But the only one advantage with firefox is that it has more add ons, which makes things much easier

• 1 month later...
Guest Catly

Iuse firefox for online shopping, online banking etc. Firefox can blockany popup and disable any virus and adware, spyware on webpage. According to myknowledge and experience firefox is much safer than IE browser when comes toonline transactions.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest SlinkyMonster

I’m using Firefox v13.0 on windows 7 installed. I haven't had any issues with Firefox until now and it loads quicker than the others and a user friendly browser.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...