PPCProfiles Pro

Guest bretto

Hi All

Now that my users (and quite a few world wide) are satisfied with PPCProfiles, I am working on a more professional version. One for the power users amongst us.

At the moment I would love to hear from anyone interested in being part of the beta trial and from anyone who has a request for features.

Just about everything is up for discussion. At the moment the look and feel is being revamped, notification setting have been incorporated, turning the phone on/off (flight mode), skinning the screens, etc, etc

Aleady I have had an enormous amount of email from people saying they love the way PPCProfiles handles its syncing with Outlook. This is all in real time and very efficient. I dare say this processing part of the apps design will remain the same but any enhancement to the feature can be incorporated.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Hi All

Ive edited this post to make more sense when you 1st get into the thread. The original post is quoted above.

This is a beta test thread for PPCProfile-Pro. If you are interested in beta testing the app please download the latest version which is always in this post.

Functionality as at 11/03/2005

- 5 profile modes (4 totally user definable, 1 special with realtime sync to outlook appointments. No need to refresh it does it all.

- all profile options can be overridden by changing the settings in other programs. Until the user selects a profile then that profiles options are set.

- 3 selection modes

- popup selection. Allows to click on today screen and select profile from popup.

- text buttons. shows profile name as text. Allows single click from today screen to select profile.

- bitmap buttons. shows bitmap buttons. Allow single click from today screen to select profile.

- Basic profile setup from single screen.

- alert type (ring/increasing ring/ring once/vibrate/vibrate & ring/vibrate then ring/none) per profile

- selection of ring tone for each profile

- separate system and ring volumes

- bluetooth setting (on/off/leave as is) per profile NB: MS bluetooth stack only

- Flight mode (on/off/leave as is) per profile.

- Auto mode outlook triggers switching to auto profile on (busy/meeting statuses and freeform text for outlook categories)

- Advanced setup

- Ability to change name of profile

- Notification setting for each profile. Uses available notification (play sound/display a message/flash the red light/vibrate)

- Preview notification sounds.

- Realtime selection of button skins. skins are user createable bitmaps in a particular format and located in the apps directory. Adding and selecting skins on the fly is possible.

While in setup all current options are saved when switching to another profile or notification. This is true for the previous (left arrow) and next (right arrow) menu buttons and the dropdown lists. Clicking the ok (tick) menu button saves the current option and exits. Cancel, well cancel (red cross) just cancels.

Quick Switch function.

Use this if you want to change the profile for a short amount of time. Only available in text button or bitmap button selection modes. Tap and hold on the deisred profile to switch to. A selection box pops up with intervals of time. select the desired interval. the new profile is changed to straight away. after the selected time interval the profile is switched back to the previous one.

Selecting another profile while in a quick switch turns off the quick switch.

Auto profile

This special profile works like this. The user selects the profile to use when not in an appointment then selects auto profile. The auto profile will only fire off when in an outlook appointment at all other times the previously selected profile will be in use. eg select normal. select auto. normal settings are in use. outlook appointment starts. switch is made to auto settings. outlook appointment ends. switch is made back to normal settings. normal settings are in use.

Selecting another profile when in auto mode turns off auto mode.

Status Icons

There are 3 status icons to the left of the profile info.

- Normal icon is displayed when not in a quick switch or outlook appointment

- outlook icon is displayed when profile has switched due to outlook appointment

- quick switch icon is displayed when a quick switch is in progress.

I hope this all makes sense.

Cheers

Bretto

//-----------------------

Latest screen shots

post-40928-1110522915_thumb.jpgpost-40928-1110523098_thumb.jpgpost-40928-1110523207_thumb.jpgpost-40928-1110523247_thumb.jpgpost-40928-1110523380_thumb.jpglcd.zip

//-------------------------

Latest beta download files can be found here

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=205779

post-40928-1110523636_thumb.jpg

Edited by bretto

Guest bretto

Hi all

Here is the beta version of PPCProfiles-Pro a more optioned version of PPCProfiles.

Ive attached a copy for you to play with. If you have time please have a play with it and let me know of any "missing" features you think should be in it and of course any problems you might encounter.

You will notice a few differences. This version does a bit more.

- Notification settings per profile

- Flight mode per profile

- 3 selection modes "popup dialog" "text select" "button select"

The buttons are skinable ie users can make their own in the correct format.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Bretto

//---------------------------

Moved files to original post.

Edited by bretto

Guest mike-oh

This looks excellent and has so far stumped me everytime i've thought "hmm, it could do with that feature" which is usually followed by "oh, there it is!".

I will play with it some more and let you know!

Guest mike-oh

OK, one minor gripe. Pushing the OK button in the top right doesn't save the settings like pushing OK on the lower menu bar does. Which can be slightly irritating when you've changed the settings and it doesn't save them.

Also when changeing specific notifications you have to click apply on each one for the settings to be retained. I think it would be easier if the settings were saved as soon as you migrated to changeing the next option.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest mike-oh

Another prob, when listening to music and you change back to the today screen it forces the volume back to what the profile is set too. This has nearly resulted in my deafening on several occasions this evening!

Guest lutzh

hi buddy

i am still looking for a smart profile application that changes pre defined profiles upon the gsm cell i am in... :-) is this challenge enough???

cheers, lutz

Guest bretto
hi buddy

i am still looking for a smart profile application that changes pre defined profiles upon the gsm cell i am in... :-) is this challenge enough???

cheers, lutz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Lutz

Are you saying you want to switch profile depending on where you are in the world? Or if at home or roaming?

Interesting concept :D

If you let me know exactly how and what you want to trigger the switch on I'll research it and let you know if I can do it.

Cheers

Bretto

Guest mike-oh
Thanks mike-oh excellent feedback.

I'll make the necessary changes asap and post a new version.

Cheers

Bretto

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're welcome!

Thanks for making a great application! I've been after something like this for a while! It saved my ass earlier when i was performing a presentation and fortunately had the foresight to use the software to put it into silent before i received several messages mid presentation!

Edited by mike-oh

Guest bretto
It saved my ass earlier when i was performing a presentation and fortunately had the foresight to use the software to put it into silent before i received several messages mid presentation!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Always the way isnt it. :D

Pushing the OK button in the top right doesn't save the settings like pushing OK on the lower menu bar does.

Good pickup. This is now fixed. Changed to be a cancel button on all dialog now anyway.

Also when changeing specific notifications you have to click apply on each one for the settings to be retained. I think it would be easier if the settings were saved as soon as you migrated to changeing the next option.

This has been changed. Now when you use the dropdown list to select an item (profile or notification) your existing one is automatically saved as you go. Also there are 2 buttons in the menubar. previous and next arrows. These buttons will save and move you to the previous/next item. These buttons also scroll back to begining/end depending on which way your scrolling.

Another prob, when listening to music and you change back to the today screen it forces the volume back to what the profile is set too. This has nearly resulted in my deafening on several occasions this evening!

Do you want to be able to override the profile selection and never refresh it until you switch?

The latest beta version has been posted into the original post of this thread. Thought it would be easier than scrolling through messages to find the latest copy.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Bretto

Guest mike-oh

I'm haveing trouble uninstalling the old version and reinstalling the new version. I'm given the error that ppcprofiles.dll is in use.

i've tried using "stop all" in the running programmes tab in memory settings.

Any ideas?

Mike

Guest bretto
I'm haveing trouble uninstalling the old version and reinstalling the new version. I'm given the error that ppcprofiles.dll is in use.

i've tried using "stop all" in the running programmes tab in memory settings.

Any ideas?

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To uninstall you 1st have to deselect from the today screen via "today" in setup.

Cheers

Guest bretto

Hi All

Ive uploaded the latest beta in the main post.

This fixes a few small bugs and 1 beauty where the flight mode wasnt re-registering with the telco operator when powering back up.

Cheers

Bretto

Guest bretto
aha! Managed to install it now, thanks.

Looks good! Thanks for making those fixes :D

I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers,

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No worries.

Ive also fixed a memory leak when using the bitmap button selection mode. So if this proves to be a major stumbling block let me know and I'll upload the fix. Otherwise I'll wait a day or two to see if there is anything else.

Cheers

Bretto

Guest mike-oh

Do you want to be able to override the profile selection and never refresh it until you switch?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think a system volume overide option would be useful.

I don't think i've spotted any other bugs. I've had one or two minor hangups/soft resets occur but i can't put my finger on what's caused it.

Cheers,

Mike

Guest bretto
I think a system volume overide option would be useful.

I don't think i've spotted any other bugs. I've had one or two minor hangups/soft resets occur but i can't put my finger on what's caused it.

Cheers,

Mike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi mike-oh

No worries I took that on board and the latest app (in original thread) has this. Obviously every is set back when the user selects the same or another profile.

The latest stuff is in the original post aswell as a description of how things work and some screenshots.

Please let me know if anything is not as it should be or if you want something else incorporated.

Cheers

Bretto

Guest c2fow

Excellent little utility - purchased 1.09 at the weekend; then found this thread.

I uninstalled the registered version (after turning it off under the Today setup) & then downloaded the Cab file - whilkst it seemed to install without any problems, it does not appear in the Today screen or as an option in the Today setup.

Any ideas?

Tony.

On an SPV2000, by the way!

Guest bretto
Excellent little utility - purchased 1.09 at the weekend; then found this thread.

I uninstalled the registered version (after turning it off under the Today setup) & then downloaded the Cab file - whilkst it seemed to install without any problems, it does not appear in the Today screen or as an option in the Today setup.

Any ideas?

Tony.

On an SPV2000, by the way!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Tony

I cant say that Ive had this problem on the imate II. All goes on ok.

Have you tried uninstalling the old version, then reinstalling the new one? It souldnt matter really but just in case since there are registry changes. Could try removing then soft reset. Ive heard of other programs that suggest this.

Let me know if this problem persists. In the mean time I'll do some investigating to see what info is out there.

Cheers

Bretto

Guest c2fow

Tried another thing:

Restarted PPC.

Reloaded v1.09b.

Restarted PPC.

1.09b working fine.

Loaded V2 on top of 1.09b.

Restarted PPC.

V 1.09b running!

Hope this helps??

Tony.

Guest bretto
Tried another thing:

Restarted PPC.

Reloaded v1.09b.

Restarted PPC.

1.09b working fine.

Loaded V2 on top of 1.09b.

Restarted PPC.

V 1.09b running!

Hope this helps??

Tony.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Tony

At a guess...The problem is most likey the registry settings for the today plugin.

You will have to remove V1.09b first just to make sure the today plugin registry setting point the the right dll.

There are a few files installed into \Program Files\PPCProfilesPro

PPCProfiles.dll

PPCProfilesAuto.exe

+ a few .bmp files for the button skins

In the registry the today plugin settings should be

HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\PPCProfiles,

"DLL" = "\Program Files\PPCProfilesPro\PPCProfiles.dll"

Options = 0

Type = 4

If you have access to a registry editor/viewer you could check that the above is correct.

Im really not sure why the setup isnt doing it but I hope this helps.

Cheers

Bretto

Guest bretto

Hi All

Just uploaded the latest beta files in the 1st post.

Ive ironed out all the glitches that I know of.

Please let me know if there are any that need attention.

Cheers

Bretto

Guest c2fow

Bretto,

Having tried removing / reloading / restarting in every way possible, it only puts the four bmp files in the PPCProfilesPro folder - no exe, no dll!

Unfortunately, I have not got a registry editor so I cannot see what is going on in there but does seem to not be installing the exe / dll files, for some strange reason.

Tony.