uk folks, please look at this receipt asap. fake?

Guest kailes

Guest kailes

can someone in the uk verify that this postage receipt is legit? i just got it as proof from someone who promises that he has just shipped a phone to me, but i notice there is no destination address on it. he says that is normal for the uk receipts. someone please take a look at this and im me at [email protected] so i can know wheter or not i need to cancel my payment. thanks

post-35505-1109872452_thumb.jpg

Edited by kailes

Guest pd.ryder

I'm no expert or Post Office emplyee but it looks like a proper receipt to me. Did the seller blot the destination address or did you do it before posting it on the forum?

Reading your post, it sounds like the seller did it before emailing you a scan. If so, why? I reckon it should have your details here.

It sure looks like he's posted a parcel of 2.4kg to a US adress today. Is there room for a US zip code after "US-"? The seller has only paid standard post, so no insurance or signature on delivery, as far as I know. I always choose at minimum Recorded Delivery.

If you blotted the adress, you're probably ok (I think) :D

Guest Disco Stu

Looks to me like the destination address has been painted out.

No idea if it should normally be in there, but if not, why the titles ?

Guest kailes

i did not blot out the receipt before posting. i told him i would give him partial payment on a phone i am buying, and then would paythe rest when he produced the proof of shipping. it just seems wierd to me because i would hav ethought there would be an address on the receipt. he didn't blot out anythng either. he swears up and down he sent it and I want to believe him, but i have seen enough people get scammed on this site that i want to be sure

Guest tudor

What did he ship? Just a phone? It's not a bit too much 2.4kg? I would expect a phone, including charger, accessories and box, to be max 1.5kg.

It is indeed strange that he did not use recorded delivery - it would cost an additional £5 or so.

Guest kailes

smt5600 in the box. i only sent him 25 pounds for now so fortunatley i am not out much. he swears up and down it is legit. wish i knew for sure

Guest pietta

nothing to worry about, it looks legitimate.

not unless he owns the post office and cranked out the receipt by himself :roll:

Guest pd.ryder

The only SMT5600's I can find are listed at $200 on RadioDirectory.com and their UK store 'can't find the item requested'.

If he's sent anything other than a house brick, it would have to be a c500 or sp3 :-k

I'm sure the last time I sent a parcel to the US I had to declare what was in it and allsorts of info was on the receipt.

It'll be delivered by a lame sloth sometime in July........ ](*,)

Guest Alex_le_brit
nothing to worry about, it looks legitimate.

not unless he owns the post office and cranked out the receipt by himself :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course he could have sent something else to the US today which did weigh 2.4 kilos, and then he's just blanked out the address.

In other words sell the same phone to 20 lucky people, and one of them gets the phone and the other 19 pay up £25, so he gets the total cost the phone sold for on e-bay from the recipient and another £475 from the other 19 people.

Out of interest, what's the address at the top?

18 Avon Drive,

Bedford,

Bedfordshire,

MK41 4AF.

I'm guessing it's the post office the parcel was sent from, in which case if you do get scammed you can at least contact the local Bedfordshire Constabulary, give them the Post Office details and see what they turn up. Who knows they might even have security camera tapes. You've got the date and time the guy was in there.

OH and not hard to fake a receipt from an original, here's one for a parcel I'm going to send to the US later - :shock: NOT

post-105956-1109877282_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alex_le_brit

Guest tudor
Pietta

Why blot out the destination address on the invoice? I'm a bit suspicious.

Maybe that's just my nature :roll:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think kailes did it... we don't need to know his address.

Guest tudor
Nah mate, see post #4. The seller did it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, sorry :oops:

It's clear now - he should try to get the £25 back asap, if possible.

Guest tudor

I think you should try to track the seller down. Start with IP addresses (see e-mails, IM connections etc - anything you can), maybe he's not even from Bedford.

Guest Alex_le_brit

Here's the address and phone number of Bedford Police. I'd suggest you get in contact with them straight away before the Post Office it was sent from has a chance to lose anything.

Bedfordshire Police Constabulary

Bedfordshire Police

Greyfriars

Bedford Bedfordshire MK40 1HR

Tel: (01234 271212)